Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasbro released an ARC Trooper waaaay back in 2002. It was a pretty crappy figure, but I recall that he suffered the same elbow deformity that Rex seems to be suffering here.

Just picked this bad boy up for retail from an Australian comic book store. I remember wanting this when the pre order came out but I never pulled the trigger on it but after that new Ahsoka episode I immediately bought it

It is now canon that rex's elbows bend the wrong way! Whoa!!!!!

When I was putting my custom commando together, i got really confused about the elbow armor in particular. Did the flap point up, or down? With the armor Im using, imo the flap looked and functioned best with the flap pointing up, because with the arm bent the elbow would actually be completely protected. And it meshed perfectly with the bicep piece too.

But this source pic said, down.

And that source pic said, up!!!

No! Down! No...!!! Over there the flaps point up....

It was like Sleeping Beauty's dress flashing from blue to pink at the end of the movie.

At the end, about 75% of my sources said point them down so thats what I did. Unhappily. But I could see where ppl get confused.

No excuse for the bicep pieces though.

Odd request... Has anybody put the Sideshow Phase 1 Rex helmet head on this guy?

Odd request... Has anybody put the Sideshow Phase 1 Rex helmet head on this guy?

Color wouldn't match at all and it'd look awkward, Sideshow used a lighter blue for their Phase 1 Rex.

I have them in my office boxed up, so I could try it sometime this week.

I kind of assumed that would be the case... but was curious to see what it looked like. Thanks!

It is a bit ridiculous honestly, but they could've been stretching for time, or god knows what behind the scenes. I loved seeing him but was distracted by the armor lol.

Are you hinting at something? You seem to be doing that lately, but I'm not sure if you have any actual sources or you're just trolling lol.
👀👻

Fun fact about Rex’s phase II helmet in the Clone Wars show. The in universe explanation is he welded phase I and II helmets together but in this image you see his triangular mouth vent is narrower and taller than Jesse’s. From a design standpoint he just has a unique helmet designed wholly for him that’s not a kitbash of two separate designs.

1701423816639.jpeg

Fun fact about Rex’s phase II helmet in the Clone Wars show. The in universe explanation is he welded phase I and II helmets together but in this image you see his triangular mouth vent is narrower and taller than Jesse’s. From a design standpoint he just has a unique helmet designed wholly for him that’s not a kitbash of two separate designs.

View attachment 676361
On that note: Out of curiosity, I've tested with 3D modelling how the two helmets might fit together. And the answer is basically...they don't. At least, not as easily as Rex's helmet might suggest. The lines on the helmet make it seem like he just cut them into pieces and welded them back together, but some parts would have to be custom made in order to make the existing pieces work together.

Which I think is actually part of the implication of the weld behind the round mouth vents. You'd think that since the whole bottom half there is basically phase 2 there wouldn't need to be a cut there, but that's because the cheek area basically makes no sense if he were only using parts from the two helmets, and that area would need to be custom for parts to link up at all.

And then of course they massaged the overall proportions to smooth out the transitions, because the visor and "nose" area don't actually match up that smoothly either. Hence Rex's vent area appearing a bit different than other troopers.

It is, as you mentioned, in actuality an original design, in disguise as two melded designs within the story.

Assuming this thread has been talking about the Ahsoka show figure announcement of Rex. Yeah, I knew they were pricks but wow talk about pricks. Phase 1 helmet included with this one but not original release. Great. Just great. Even if I were to wait till someone sells it standalone, don't think it would match the rest of the body in color well. Looks to be a different shade. I'll think about it.

Assuming this thread has been talking about the Ahsoka show figure announcement of Rex. Yeah, I knew they were pricks but wow talk about pricks. Phase 1 helmet included with this one but not original release. Great. Just great. Even if I were to wait till someone sells it standalone, don't think it would match the rest of the body in color well. Looks to be a different shade. I'll think about it.
or just get Sideshow phase 1 when you spot a deal. will have better matching armour sculpt

The new one also has a phase I chest armor. The one on the original is not removable. The colors won’t match either. Why not just have both?

Back