Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Star Wars Christmas tree

Got a start on converting my Plo Koon to the Clone Wars style this weekend. I'll be putting his head on a DiD body and I used some clone hands and a spare set of Plo hands and did some finger switching. I also scored some Ki Adi boots from eBay as they are more in the style of Plo's in the CW.

Re: Spud's Customs - Clone Wars Plo

Nice Spud. He's on my list too. i have the basics already. I was thinking about giving him the one piece forearm/elbow armor. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Nice job on the hands!

Thanks guys. :D

@ Nate, yeah you are actually the one that gave my the inspiration on this one. You had said something about my clone wars Plo and I thought, I don't have a clone wars Plo... but I will make it so! I figured it only made since seeing as how I've made the entire Wolf Pack. Kinda dumb to have all of them and then the movie version of Plo. It all came together rather quickly too. I found a set of four hands (not wanting to destroy my original hands) on ebay the same day I found someone selling some Ki Adi boots, then I talked to another board member about a tunic and he whipped it out the very same day. I'm thinking I can make the rest work out of the stuff that Plo Koon already comes with. I'm looking forward to the improved poseability most of all. And I have to get my steady hands ready to paint the symbols on his forearm armor and hands. Should be fun.

I know what you mean about the other armor style. That was one thing that always bugged me when Sideshow was whipping out so many clones is that I was so used to seeing them in the cartoon style which I love and they were made in the movie style, which I guess makes sense. This is the same way I did my phase II clone wars Obi Wan and I like how it turned out. And it matches the troops in the end. Definitely looking forward to see how yours comes out if you do the one piece look. Keep me posted.

I think it would look fine, if not really cool to go with the 1 piece since Jedi probably got gear/armor specifically designed for them (like the chest/shoulder armor). That's how I think I'm going go. I'll have to make 2 sets though since my CW Obiwan also currently has the separate elbow piece.

I like the look of the 1 piece armor and it actually give's the figures more articulation than the movie armor.

Hands look great so far, Spud. I really like my Clone Wars Plo (I'd post a pic, but I don't want to hijack your thread). I just used the forearms on mine, mainly out of simplicity. I also did the forearm symbol in the same grey as the wolfpack symbol. It looked to me like he switched to grey in season 6 (hard to tell for sure, but I definitely think the colors look better matched).

Can't wait to see how yours turns out. Your stuff rocks. :)

Since you asked, I feel better about it. Here he is with Commander Wolffe. I need to dye his robe a bit darker. I think I used the Mundi boots as well.
PloKoon1.jpg

Since you asked, I feel better about it. Here he is with Commander Wolffe. I need to dye his robe a bit darker. I think I used the Mundi boots as well.
View attachment 155088

Dude I love it! I've seen that one on Google searches before. The emblems on the armor are freaking perfect! Awesome stuff. Are they decals?

Thanks :) Yes, they're decals. I got the wolfpack symbol off Google, but Nate sent me the forearm symbols. Since it's a veteran-style armor, I used Photoshop to dirty them up, add some scratches and some dark marks to them. Makes them so they aren't too clean-looking.

Got my General Dodonna put together tonight. I'm pretty pleased with how he came out.

Re: Spud's Customs - General Dodonna

Another Dodonna!! Looks good man. I have all the parts for one except the headsculpt. I like it. You sculpt the hair and beard yourself??

Back