SPIDERMAN 3 the New License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool licence but nothing I plan to spend $$$ on. Congrats all you Spidey-Fans out there. :rock

pixletwin said:
Cool licence but nothing I plan to spend $$$ on. Congrats all you Spidey-Fans out there. :rock

Same here! I am actually very, very happy...More money saved! *phew!*

They have already done some great Spider-Man stuff, but picking up the likeness rights of the actors will only make it cooler still.

Its a cool announcment. Makes sense since Marvel seems to be all about the promotion of this film. So it makes that they'd start dishing out rights to make collectables left and right. Sideshow has done a great job with the other Marvel stuff.

Technically this isn't a new license though is it? SSC already had a Marvel license and they've even made Marvel movie collectibles in the past as well. I would've been more surprised if they WEREN'T making Spider-Man 3 collectibles.

Still nice to have it confirmed and it brings us a step closer to the inevitable announcement of an RAH (or two).

Sir Tristram said:
Same here! I am actually very, very happy...More money saved! *phew!*

Im right there with ya SirT, but I have a bad feeling about this....that there's going to be wayyyy too many cool things from this movie to buy from various companies.

Good license but in a few short months the market will be flooded with SM3 product. I'd be interested in a PF or maybe a vs. piece. I doubt SS got a 1:6 license with Hasbro picking up the Spidey figure line.

I only hope that SS can ship these items while SM3 is still "hot." SS had this problem with their Van Helsing pieces. All of the pieces were released months after VH's release and sold poorly not only cause the movie wasn't that good/popular but because the pieces all were released late and way after the popularity of the movie had decreased. I know SM is popular but still SS should try to release these ASAP while the "stove is still hot."

I hope so; as for SSC's new liscence I wonder just what they will offer--PF figures? Maquettes? Dioramas? It should be fun to see what they do with this......

I'm thinking with all the spidey variants they can pump out, I'm thinking more than a few "indifferent" folks will soon be sucked in. Anyone feeling the ultra-low ES vib with this line? :monkey3

Been wating for this announcement! A PF movie version Spidey! Interchangeable Tobey / Spidey heads? Classic blue and red costume and Ex. symbiote version? Venom? Can't wait to see Sideshow's interpretation of that costume.

Back