SPIDERMAN 3 the New License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what will be available. Who wouldn't be excited about a possible PF Venom?

270638.jpg

NIIIIICE

I'm extremely happy to see Sideshow grab the rights to merchandise items for the Spiderman 3 movie. I'll be one the first people to preorder a movie version of the classic red/blue outfit that we saw Tobey wear in the Spiderman movies in PF form. I think the take on that outfit compared to the comic version of the same suit (that was already released) will be like night and day. The symbiote suit actually does nothing for me though. Don't know why. But I hope we see it for the rest of the boardies here that have been requesting that suit. It's a cool line to take up and I can't wait to see what Sideshow has in store...

Darklord Dave said:

Why wouldn't we get any 1/6 scale figures? Because Hasbro has the Marvel toy license? If so, then I'll probably be skipping this license...and I was looking forward to a 1/6 movie Spider-Man from Sideshow. :(

I prefer a comics based black Spidey suit. It superior to the cop-out version of the movie (making the regular suit black and white).

I have mild interest in a movie red/blue Spidey PF if the pose is good enough and the materials used come out well. Otherwise I'll stick to comics based stuff.

I'm a casual Spiderman fan so this announcment doesn't really mean anything to me but it would be kind of cool to get a good quality black suit spidey.

Last edited:
Collector Freak said:
So the big announcement is that Sideshow has... A MARVEL LICENSE?!

BWAHAHAHAHA! :lol

funny you should say that,its made me think...sideshow didn't announce
a x3 license when they made the beast and juggernaut maquettes:confused:

Hmmmm. Well, not as bad as I was expecting, but not something that I'll
likely get every piece of either. I definitely would love a 1/4 scale PF or
Comiquette of Venom though, as that is one character that still hasn't
ever had a "definitive" statue made yet. Bowen's are nice, but a 1/4
scale in the same detail as Andy's Hulk would be awesome.

JS :)

im hoping for a comiquette of venom.someone posted pics of vemon from this film and it truly looked awesome.to me a perfect rendition of vemon from comic portrayals of this evil character

the Doctor said:
funny you should say that,its made me think...sideshow didn't announce
a x3 license when they made the beast and juggernaut maquettes:confused:

Nope nor did they announce the Ghost Rider license when they made the regular and western Ghost Rider Comicquettes.

I think Sithlord0498 we're more likely to get at least one 1/6 Spider-Man figure from Spider-Man 3 from Medicom than Sideshow, SSC's Marvel stuff is usually more high end.

I'd buy figures from both companies though.

Here is the thing, Marvel cuts up their licenses as thin as possible. MR had admitted that the wind was taken out of their sails because while they were trying to get their "mini" collection together SSC was selling the Archive Collection. Hasbro has the 12" License so I think its a possibility but fairly unlikely that there will be any 1/6 figures from SSC on this line. What I expect will happen will be similar to the Ghost Rider film license in that we'll get a couple of Comiquettes maybe one or two PFs and they will distribute the MediCom Spider-Man 3 figures which are a no brainer.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
Nope nor did they announce the Ghost Rider license when they made the regular and western Ghost Rider Comicquettes.

I think Sithlord0498 we're more likely to get at least one 1/6 Spider-Man figure from Spider-Man 3 from Medicom than Sideshow, SSC's Marvel stuff is usually more high end.

I'd buy figures from both companies though.

I was JUST thinking this before you said it. This new license would mean what? Bust/PF/one-quarter/one-sixth???? All of them? With a star wars license, ss made 1/4 AND 1/6, so I suppose it isn't out of the realm of possibility to get both for spider-man 3. I just don't know how they are going to complete them before the movie comes out. OR, maybe they will have them up for pre-order before the movie comes out, which I think would be foolish. If I was going to buy a spider-man 3 anything, I would actually, physically want it before the movie, and let's face it, that probably will never happen.

I will consider getting something from this but it will all depend on funds at the time.

Back