1/6 Hot Toys - TMS128 - The Bad Batch: Imperial Clone Commando

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is done!
I've ordered my first custom. A 1/6 (white) Clone Commando, properly buffed.
And added a Scorch to that order too because I'm not waiting for Hot Toys to make him a skinny exclusive ...

I'm down a VERY slippery slope now :)
Also would like to know please

Mine arrived.

IMG_9868.jpeg

IMG_9873.jpeg

Damn, that looks great! It’s been radio silence from Sideshow, I ordered chrome Cody, Mando Obi-Wan, and imperial commando… nothing.

Wrong, this commando is specifically licensed under the Bad Batch animated show and it should 100% be that way. And look at those images, those clone commandos are clearly and visually not buffed.
I'm not sure what you mean, my point was it was neither.

Neither accurate to the show due to it not being stylised enough nor an accurate translation into realism.

Which has been the issue with a lot of these translated from animation figures including the bad batch, they don't fit with normal Star Wars Hot Toys nor are they stylised enough to be explicitly their own thing.

I'm not sure what you mean, my point was it was neither.

Neither accurate to the show due to it not being stylised enough nor an accurate translation into realism.

Which has been the issue with a lot of these translated from animation figures including the bad batch, they don't fit with normal Star Wars Hot Toys nor are they stylised enough to be explicitly their own thing.
Even Clone Wars Rex suffered mis-translation. That visor for example.

So I grudgingly get back on the WL and I almost immediately get this:

View attachment 703852

Which is a bit odd, I dont get on WL much but I dont think I've ever gotten this before? Im wondering if a lot of ppl were ordering one on a bunch of different devices, and SSC is just now sorting that out. Dunno. I thought with this super seekrit stuff it was supposed to be a one per household limit? And a bunch of ppl tried to get around that.
New standard practice from what I’ve noticed. Every waitlist recently this has been sent to inbox. Don’t think it’s anything other than a “we keep you posted” thingy. Nothing more.

However, I’ve noticed a lot of waitlists converting more than usual recently. I do think it’s HT increasing production numbers and not people canceling.

The more Ive thought about this.....we are going to see A LOT of these Republic Commandos out of HTs. So if you missed out I wouldnt worry too much.

I think they'll let this release settle for a number of months and then hit us with a bunch more to buy.

The more Ive thought about this.....we are going to see A LOT of these Republic Commandos out of HTs. So if you missed out I wouldnt worry too much.

I think they'll let this release settle for a number of months and then hit us with a bunch more to buy.
They can do:

Plain white Commando
Boss
Sev
Fixer
Scorch
Scorch Imperial (slightly different design)
Gregor

Any others?

They can do:

Plain white Commando
Boss
Sev
Fixer
Scorch
Gregor

Any others?
There was a squad of commandos in the Karen Traviss books (Omega squad I think?) but the likelihood of getting any them would be very low indeed I'd think, despite HTs recent foray into Legends.
Haven't played it myself but I know they were in a Battlefront game.
Was there any unique armour looks for the commandos in that game? As I understand it, the Umbara ARC trooper was from that game right?

Last edited:
There was a squad of commandos in the Karen Traviss books (Omega squad I think?)
I can’t read so
Was there any unique armour looks for the commandos in that game? As I understand it, the Umbara ARC trooper was from that game right?
There was a woodland camo version and another equally as hideous one.
IMG_3392.jpeg

They can do:

Plain white Commando
Boss
Sev
Fixer
Scorch
Gregor

Any others?

BUT! Delta squad and Gregor are not correct for this armor. This armor is Imperial, not Republic and all those except Imp Scorch are Repubs.

Who I would accept as Imperial armor Commandos is..... Omega squad. After all, most of Omega was still in service AFTER Order 66. [I think everyone but Fi, who had received a horrible head injury and was then spirited away because the Imps were about to euthanize him.] So it would make sense for them to be in this new armor. This armor in black and designated as Omega troopers? Best believe I am buying one for each member of the team.

I would buy Delta in the new armor too, but I'll be much less happy about it.

Back