SPIDERMAN 3 the New License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The announcement is interesting because I thought like everyone else that it was a given. I was expecting something Sideshow hasn't dealt with.
Since it's probably not going to involve 1:6 figures, I don't have much interest in the license. Maybe I would if they make an affordable Spider-Man Comicquette.

Not to stir the pot any more but it IS entirely possible however extremely unlikely that SSC could produce some Spider-Man 3 1/6 figures. Hasbro has the Marvel license right? Well they had the Star Wars 1/6 license as well which they effectively subleased to SSC for the current line to get going. It wouldn't be too much of a surprise if SSC underwent the same leasing option for this specific license piece so they handle the 12" figures for the film and Hasbro doesn't deal with them and still gets a piece of the royality. The point made about the lack of announcement with the Ghost Rider/X3 Comiquettes means we have to be in store for more than that so at minimum a PF. The ICONS line is definitely stopping SSC from getting a standard Marvel Comics license but we haven't seen or heard rumor of any Marvel Films characters in that supersized Legends formatting so its possible that Hasbro is brokering it out....

Also, they'd be losing an opportunity to have something offered at least at the same time as the film's release if not before, I'm sure this deal was being brokered long before now so I'm sure they were working on pieces to be ready for ToyFair, they'd be dim not to. I expect to have most of the Spider-Man 3 line announced by February at Toy Fair and if they are going to offer a 1/6 figure I expect it soon so they can capitalize on the movie buzz.

I would imagine this will be along the lines of their other Marvel movie licenses. NO 1/6, no PFs - just maquettes, statues and busts. But a cool Sandman or Venom maquette might just be interesting.

To me this is really no news. Personally I'm happy with the existing Marvel license and having access to S3 characters won't affect my buying habits. I won't buy anything that's not 1/4 scale in this line but if a cool Venom PF or 1/4 Maquette is done, I would definitely consider it but no more so than if it was part of the regular Marvel license.

:dunno

Marvel 'Movie versions' of charactrers have never been really popular. I expect very low ES, so the Scalpers/Flippers win again.

If SS makes SM3 1/6 figs with the current body i'm gonna die laughing.It would do the wall crawler and other characters such an injustice.But i bets it for PF's etc.

I would want Hot Toys or Medicom to make 1/6th spidermans... but I wasn't too impressed with the older medicom one... but SCREW both of them... Takara would beat the socks off them both... lol sorry.. just falling in love with my Takara Batman again..

Asura said:
:dunno

Marvel 'Movie versions' of charactrers have never been really popular. I expect very low ES, so the Scalpers/Flippers win again.

Everybody has to make a living. I am happy to work for my money.

.... mostly. :D

MediCom will make a Spider-Man from Spider-Man 3 at least I'm actually expecting a Spidey both Red and Black and a Venom. It'd be interesting if other Toy Companies took their shots as well....

I am personally hoping for the 1/6. I don't think Hasbro wants to fool with 1/6 clothed figures any more besides GI Joe. One thing that no one has touched on is the props from SM3, like the Goblin Bombs and what not. Yes Master Replicas has a prop licence as well, but have yet to produce anything from the Marvel prop line.

My guess (and its just a shot in the dark) is that this is different from the regular Marvel license and the other Marvel movie items (Beast, Juggy, GR maquettes) because those didn't have actor likenesses and this stuff will...or maybe sideshow is just more excited about making SM3 stuff than X3 and GR...

Back