Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, everyone needs to calm the **** down and just wait to see the reveals. The main reason why we didn't get any CW Spidey has EVERYTHING to do with the "shared" deal between Sony and Disney. People need to remember that when Marvel sold rights away for so many of their properties, they were film rights, not merchandise rights. Also, I'm not even accounting for the fact that individual actors may have sold their likenesses to the studios in their contacts or retain themselves.

This is why we see Marvel legends figures being pumped out all the time regardless of what studio own what film rights because those figures don't have actor's likenesses. I believe that Fox and Disney (who obviously have a difficult relationship) agreed to a 50/50 split of film merchandising rights but Fox would rather make 0% so Disney wouldn't get anything either. I believe this is why the last Fox/Marvel figure to be released was Jackman/Wolverine from DoFP.

This new deal with Sony, although much less contemptuous than Disney and Fox, is still VERY new. All of the details haven't been ironed out yet. For an example, just read about how close CW was to having NO Spidey at all. They agreed at the 11th hour to share the character but also share the MCU, timeline and all. Who knows when the merchandising agreements were solidified (maybe a few weeks before HT showed off their Homecoming banner).

My point is that with the HT announcement of Homecoming, I wouldn't be surprised if we get 1 figure or multiple figures. It's good news so we all need to sit back, relax and wait for the prototypes to be shown.

Standby for a Motux correction.

And then after you complain you will send me 50 PMs begging for info and apologize..

That stopped when I realized how full of **** you are. The board followed suit soon after that. The stink of last summer's lies is still fresh so I'd wait a while before posting rumours again. But feel free to blindly defend HT in the meantime.

giphy.gif

I think I just got a half chub.

:lol

Hope we get a reveal very soon,Spideys are my most anticipated Hot Toys.

Civil War Spider-Man is unlikely due to the agreement made with Sony. Homecoming version more than likely will have a HT release.

Spider-Man's suit in CW and Homecoming are the same, so I speculate that they'll release a Homecoming Spider-Man with web wings and either try and make them detachable and stretchy or release an exclusive version without the wings for CW.

That is a very good guess.

Apparently Homecoming will not be shown during Super Bowl but in the Pre Game show. Can't find pre game on tivo.

*Please do a 1/4 Mk46* *Please do a 1/4 Mk46* *Please do a 1/4 Mk46* *Please do a 1/4 Mk46* :pray: (sorry non-Iron Man fans)

Back