Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Spidey and BP were the highlights of this movie! Tom is the perfect Spidey and Chadwick the perfect T'Challa. I'll try real hard to hold myself. I dont want to PO this figure. I wanna wait for his solo movie next year. Its going to be hard!

I figure the solo movie will have him in a different suit, because Marvel always change the suits on the heroes from film to film for merchandising purposes. I'll end up with the Spidey from this and the solo movie anyway. Favorite Marvel character and I own every 1/6 Spidey ever made, won't be stopping that train now.

Watched the movie 3 days ago...Spidey was definitely the highlight!

I figure the solo movie will have him in a different suit, because Marvel always change the suits on the heroes from film to film for merchandising purposes. I'll end up with the Spidey from this and the solo movie anyway. Favorite Marvel character and I own every 1/6 Spidey ever made, won't be stopping that train now.

I want to get everything of him too but I'm out of space :(. I've one statue of Spidey already, now I need one figure lol.

I want to get everything of him too but I'm out of space :(. I've one statue of Spidey already, now I need one figure lol.

I can understand that issue. I'm constantly having to shuffle things around. As it stands, I mainly collect all versions of certain characters in 1/6. Thus why I kinda like that Marvel vary up the outfits per film so I don't end up with basically the same figure over and over.

I saw a toy commercial for civil war that had a spidey mask and web shooter, though I have seen nothing in stores.

The problem is that the commercial features the same Spider-Man stuff that was already for sale. It was packaged as the Web Warriors stuff just a few months ago. Nothing actually from Holland's Spidey has made it to merchandising yet. From what I hear though, he and Ant-Man were the darlings of the film so I imagine that'll change soon.

I fully expect to see a CW: Spider-man at SDCC, probably realized and shipping around the time they start previewing and ordering the solo film stuff.

Hasbro's first figure is a "Miniverse" version:

cwspider-man-fig-1.jpg

cwspider-man-fig-3.jpg
cwspider-man-fig-4.jpg

Embargo will probably be lifted right after movie is released here in NA. HT Spidey is probably just around the corner.

And so it begins. That pack is funny though, Cap only has two of his team and Stark has most of his.

And so it begins. That pack is funny though, Cap only has two of his team and Stark has most of his.

Probably figured the people on Team Iron Man were bigger draws than Hawkeye and Bucky.

The stripes on the arms are missing.

How is everyone seeing this film already?!

I wonder if this might go up this week. Of the two teams we don't have Vision and Spidey revealed yet. Crossbones is the only other character that's not revealed.

I wonder if this might go up this week. Of the two teams we don't have Vision and Spidey revealed yet. Crossbones is the only other character that's not revealed.

I hope so! Can't wait to see this figure. Probably gonna sell my amazing spiderman 2 to get this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually I forgot Scarlet Witch hasn't been revealed yet either but we just got the Age of Ultron variant.

Actually I forgot Scarlet Witch hasn't been revealed yet either but we just got the Age of Ultron variant.

It's been revealed just not up for preorder

Well we've seen pictures from various cons but I don't really consider a figure to be revealed until we get actual product shots from the Hot Toys Facebook page or whatever showing better details, accessories, etc.

That's how I think of it. Look at the Ultron drone, that's still not officially revealed and might be canned now.

To me revealed is the opposite of seen. So if it's been seen, it's been revealed. We know what it would look like. Spider-Man hasn't been revealed. It's unknown even if they have a prototype or it will be made. (Though I think it's pretty clear it will)

The prototype not being up for PO is just that, it's not up for sale. If they make a prototype and it doesn't eventually make it to market they have always stated why. From the prof x and licensing issues, to engineering issues with Loki 1, to lost permission on the MJ figures. Once it's been canned they let people know. Until they say it's shelved they still plan to make it. From Drax to returns batman and others we have seen s Proto shown and it take upwards of 4 years before it hits market.

Over the entire length of time hot toys had made licensed figures there have only been a handful of figures that have been made as a prototype and never put up for sale. Countered with 500 figures, and if you throw in busts and cosbaby and all those it's nearly a thousand unique product offerings and less then 10 total that have never been released, and that includes figures like yellow jacket and the 66 batmobile and batman that have not been officially cancelled. And out of those 10ish five or so have been given public reasons for lack of release.

So when they show a figure at a con they are announcing it. It goes up for sale when it's been approved for sale and the product photos have been taken and approved and the legal teams at hot toys and the license holder (marvel, WB, fox, Sony ect) approve of that part. It's something hot toys has little control over and does not have final say on.

At least that's the way I understand it based on what I have seen and heard

Back