Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

That's what I've heard. Kinda surprising if they know about some top secret 2-pack before anyone anyone else.

They've gotten a few things right lately, I hope this is one of them and that we see something, anything tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plastic Enemies hasn't been a reliable source for info in years.
After they teased a Kyle Reese as MMS 200, only for it to end up being freaking Snyder Hopeman, I'm afraid I don't rely on them for anything anymore :lol

If that were the case, he could be sued for publicly leaking confidential information, but enough about that. Back to Spidey - I have no interest in buying a HT two-pack (too expensive) so I may have to wait for the Homecoming version. I have the patience since the movie comes out a year from now. Anyone else willing to wait?

may be he is working at the company which creates the contract.

Plastic enemies post 1 hour ago
5be8090983fbb12310ece999588b812f.jpg

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

If that were the case, he could be sued for publicly leaking confidential information, but enough about that. Back to Spidey - I have no interest in buying a HT two-pack (too expensive) so I may have to wait for the Homecoming version. I have the patience since the movie comes out a year from now. Anyone else willing to wait?

I'm waiting. If HT's previous endeavors are any indication, this one will be a barebones release - doubt we'd get a Holland HS at all. And the rumors are the new suit will look pretty much the same, so it just gives HT an opportunity to fix anything wrong with the first try.

It's the same reason I'm waiting on Black Panther and Dr. Strange until the second try.

The only character so far that I think the first release has been the best is Ant-man, and that has more to do with not liking the Civil War design than anything HT-related. And time will tell if they'll redesign the suit again, or if the CW suit is going to be how he looks long-term (like, for example, Cap's Avengers suit being redesigned for WS (his STRIKE suit is pretty much the same as AoU/CW, with the exception of the return to red, white, and blue).

Look at how many HT releases have been DRASTICALLY improved on the second try: Cap, BW, Thor, Fury (of course that one's probably not fair since it's been so long since the first one). They've gotten better; Winter Soldier's held up well, so has Falcon. But we'll see.

PE knows people take his **** seriously. I'd like to see a Peter and Tony 2 pack though.

Good points Capn. I'm glad I'm not the only one willing to wait for "best Spider-man".

I'm waiting. If HT's previous endeavors are any indication, this one will be a barebones release - doubt we'd get a Holland HS at all. And the rumors are the new suit will look pretty much the same, so it just gives HT an opportunity to fix anything wrong with the first try.

It's the same reason I'm waiting on Black Panther and Dr. Strange until the second try.

The only character so far that I think the first release has been the best is Ant-man, and that has more to do with not liking the Civil War design than anything HT-related. And time will tell if they'll redesign the suit again, or if the CW suit is going to be how he looks long-term (like, for example, Cap's Avengers suit being redesigned for WS (his STRIKE suit is pretty much the same as AoU/CW, with the exception of the return to red, white, and blue).

Look at how many HT releases have been DRASTICALLY improved on the second try: Cap, BW, Thor, Fury (of course that one's probably not fair since it's been so long since the first one). They've gotten better; Winter Soldier's held up well, so has Falcon. But we'll see.

I'd rather just wait for the 2017 Spidey figure rather than buy a 2-pack when I don't need another IM/Stark figure. Even if they throw in a Holland HS here, I could wait for them to take a 2nd stab at it in case the 1st attempt doesn't have a good likeness.

I'd rather just wait for the 2017 Spidey figure rather than buy a 2-pack when I don't need another IM/Stark figure. Even if they throw in a Holland HS here, I could wait for them to take a 2nd stab at it in case the 1st attempt doesn't have a good likeness.

You say that, but Hot Toys has come a long way in recent years. Just look at their Deadpool for example. First release, and it might be one of the best and accurate MMS figures to date. Same with Ant-Man. I have a feeling a lot of people will be "holding out for the second release" until they see pictures of the prototype. Then people will flock to get the first MCU Spidey.

Just my two cents.

That would be true, if I had signed an NRD. I didn't. Where I got doesn't matter. I have it.

But as I said from the start...your claim that Sony did not previously receive any merchandise profits was incorrect. And I've provide more then enough back up information.

So is there gonna be a two pack with Stark?

No, for the last time, Sony Pictures did not make any money on Spidey merchandising until the MCU deal and you have made incorrect assumptions based on that single contract page. All you have demonstrated so far is a misunderstanding of legalese. Feel free to send me the entire SPE/MARVEL contract and I will read it over and let you know what it actually says about Sony Spider-man merchandising rights. Until I see a copy I'm done discussing this.

That would be true, if I had signed an NRD. I didn't. Where I got doesn't matter. I have it.

But as I said from the start...your claim that Sony did not previously receive any merchandise profits was incorrect. And I've provide more then enough back up information.

No, for the last time, Sony Pictures did not make any money on Spidey merchandising until the MCU deal and you have made incorrect assumptions based on that single contract page. All you have demonstrated so far is a misunderstanding of legalese. Feel free to send me the entire SPE/MARVEL contract and I will read it over and let you know what it actually says about Sony Spider-man merchandising rights. Until I see a copy I'm done discussing this.

Read the quote from the Disney CEO I posted. He said they "bought the merchandising rights back" from Sony...for 274 million. So they paid 274m dollars for something they didn't have?

So far I've provided the contract, the exact amount paid for the rights to Sony from Disney, and a direct quote from Bob Iger during a stock holder meeting/conf call stating explicitly they bought the rights Sony had. So ....

And they rewrote the contract and specified that the merchandise is NOW under marvel control. Becuase it wasn't .

"To that end, we recently completed a transaction with Sony Pictures to simplify our relationship. And then in the deal, we purchased Sony Pictures' participation in Spiderman merchandising, while at the same time, Sony Pictures purchased from us our participation in Spiderman films. This transaction will allow us to control and fully benefit from all Spiderman merchandising activity, while Sony will continue to produce and distribute Spiderman films. We won't be specific about the economics of this 2-way transaction, but we expect it will drive attractive returns for Disney"

As for the part about the numbers. Your right, I misread (I see hundreds of these contracts and i don't memorize them all. I intially posted it just for the first line of section 9. Where they stated they NOW have control over merchandise. As in, before they didn't. But I also posted the quote from Bob Iger. You clued in on that one mistake and missed the point. And your attempt to make it seem like I only have a "single" page and that's what my info is based on is incorrect. I have all of it. But no, I'm not sending it to you.

So, I've provided the contract, the total amount of the sale of the merch rights, the quote for the CEO of Disney..not enough. You have so far provided nothing. Well fine, here's the profit and loss statement provided by Sony where they state exactly what I said. They had merch profits from spiderman and now don't. I'm not sure what else you need as proof. I have proof from both sides, the total amount of the sale, and the rewritten contract.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

You say that, but Hot Toys has come a long way in recent years. Just look at their Deadpool for example. First release, and it might be one of the best and accurate MMS figures to date. Same with Ant-Man. I have a feeling a lot of people will be "holding out for the second release" until they see pictures of the prototype. Then people will flock to get the first MCU Spidey.

Just my two cents.

I'm not in a hurry. Even if they nail the likeness the first time, they'll just re-use it for the next release, works for me. Can't speak for the herd though.

For those of you bickering about Spider-Man merchandising rights, a quick Google search yielded this document from the Sony hack via Wikileaks. This may just be a working draft of the amendment so don't read too much into the exact numbers and percentages, but should provide a good outline of Sony's merchandising rights position before and after Disney paid them the $280m. The last bullet point is relevant to the speculation about Sony mandating how CW Spidey is to be merchandised - simply put, Sony has no say in that matter, unless this was amended again as part of the Marvel Studios co-production deal. I've bolded the important points for the less engaged readers. Have fun, gentlemen.

2. Summary of Major Terms of Agreement

– SPE’s right to receive 25% financial participation on Marvel’s gross receipts from Spider-Man merchandising will be extinguished in exchange for a payment of $280M from Marvel to SPE on the effective date. In addition, Marvel will pay SPE 3.5% of the Worldwide Box Office of each future Spider-Man film. Marvel’s payment is capped at $35M per new film and an aggregate of $130M every 10 years from the effective date.

– SPE’s obligation to make any future payment in connection with any future motion picture releases will be eliminated by paying $100M to Marvel on the effective date.

– SPE will be permitted to release new Spider-Man films as long as each is released within 5 years and 9 month from the prior film’s initial theatrical release (commencement of principal photography needs to start within 3 years and 9 months). SPE shall have the option to extend this production term by 1 year and 3 months if SPE releases three Spider-Man films within a period of 8 consecutive years.

– SPE will gain greater leeway to produce, release and promote films while Marvel’s approval over film creative aspects would be eliminated as long as SPE conform to the unambiguous guidelines that has been set regarding Spider-Man’s character and other characteristics

– SPE shall have the right to conduct co-promotions relating to the “Spider-Man” property 12 months prior to the then-targeted initial theatrical release date and continuing 12 months following the actual release date of each motion picture (extended from the current period which is 12 months prior and 7 months after). For certain major promotional categories, SPE’s co-promotion rights are exclusive and Marvel has no rights to license merchandising rights

– Marvel will carry out all functions and shall have the right to execute all rights related to all merchandising with respect to “Spider-Man” including merchandising rights relating to motion pictures and television series and SPE shall have no approvals over Marvel’s exercise of such right. Marvel merchandising rights will be subject to limited restrictions (e.g., Marvel will not be allowed to license in certain product categories such as Quick Service Restaurants, which are important promotional categories for films)

I'm out of this thread until announcement. Dull fest.

And you expect what? There's no info directly about the figure.

Back