Spider-Man 4-5 Movie news

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know he's kinda underrated, but I'd get a kick out of seeing Scorpion.

On the other hand, if they want the end-all, be-all of villainy - the Sinister Six would be pretty effin' badass! Too bad they killed off Doc Ock... HOWEVER, interesting replacements could be the order of the day:

You'd have:
Vulture
Electro
Kraven
Sandman
Mysterio
Hobgoblin (?)
Chameleon (?)
Hydro-Man (?)
Shocker (?)
Boomerang (?)

I have a feeling we're gonna get Kurt Conners (The Lizard) and Black Cat.

OOOOOHHHH!!! WHO'D MAKE A GOOD BLACK CAT?!?!

ANOTHER THOUGHT -------> SILVER SABLE?!?!

OK...sorry... getting a fanboy headache now...

I am totally against the Sinister Six....they couldn't handle three villains or maybe two and one anti-hero in a film they are gonna handle six? I think The Lizard is the next logical guess since they've been teasing that one since SM 1 but not sure who'd they go next, prelims were already done for The Vulture so they have that and I've heard for the Rhino as well.

I am totally against the Sinister Six....they couldn't handle three villains or maybe two and one anti-hero in a film they are gonna handle six? I think The Lizard is the next logical guess since they've been teasing that one since SM 1 but not sure who'd they go next, prelims were already done for The Vulture so they have that and I've heard for the Rhino as well.

I suppose you're right. SM3 was a piece of crap w/ 3 villains. There was little/no cohesion whatsoever (and I'm sorry... you don't just let Sandman "float away" after he destroys half the city and accidentally kills yer uncle - you submerge him in a tank 'o water and then pour 100 tons of quick dry cement in there and leave that sucker to die!).

Sinister Six is a bad idea. My bad.

Rhino would be kinda cool, but he's pretty one-dimensional (runs 'n rams into crap).

I'd be down w/ Lizard... except that's, like, the third villain who was a scientist but became something else... gets kinda lame...

Scorpion is still tops on my list.

Considering they are calling it 4 and 5 at this point I would safely assume that new villains would need to be introduced and they are keeping continuity. Although I'm praying for Marvel Studios to buy back the rights and reboot it.

Just curious, why do you want a reboot?

I don't think a reboot is necessary with Spidy. The previous movies were decent. A new cast and a better script can keep this franchise going. The original Spiderman was too good to be remade.

I would like to see a reboot set after Spider-Man 2 so we can get a good Venom.

A reboot was necessary with the Batman franchise. They messed that up big time. The SpiderMan movies were really good (SM3, not so much... but SM2? Great scott, that was a good one). I could see a new cast, but starting up a new storyline. You could sorta see the first 3 as a trilogy... these next two could be a separate storyline unto itself. Just need a hotter MJ...

Just curious, why do you want a reboot?

The really did bastardize the Spider-Man mythos if you really think about it. The Organic Webshooters, remove just how smart Peter Parker is, he stops becoming a nerd and is just slightly awkward through his early days especially by the time Mary Jane is around at least in full on appearance and action and Tobey always played it too nerdy IMHO, they slammed all of the Green Goblin stuff into one film and replaced Gwen's importance with Mary Jane and watered it down only to introduce Gwen in SM3? WTF!?!? SM 1 was good but not great there was a lot that could be done to "fix it" also I'd love to have the Gwen/MJ/Peter love triangle played out right. Not to mention that MJ didn't win as much as Gwen was removed from the equation and even into the late issues MJ is still self-conscious and fearful that she wouldn't have won against Gwen in all reality and taking a clue from TDK, they could have the original Green Goblin spread through two films like Two Face is and really set up that Gwen Stacy storyline right. Her death was one of the pivotal moments in the Spider-Man history and it was raped on screen completely because essentially what occurred happened without any ramifications. Not to mention the powers issue in SM2 was completely warped.

The Spider-Man films take too many storylines and mash them together and after watching both Iron Man and seeing what they are doing with the Batman Franchise....its obvious that ol' Webhead could use some of that TLC from the beginning. Not to mention one of the great things about Spidey's early years is that he isn't taken seriously by anyone including other heroes and we don't see that because of the studio issues.

Fanboy? Yes, but in all fairness you asked. :lol

That does clear it up though. I think the movies are really good and liked by alot of people (except 3, but that goes without saying), but looking at it from the point of view of wanting them to better match the comics I understand wanting the reboot.

Yup. Its good but seeing what Marvel Studios is wanting to do which is try and make the films updating yet still comic accurate to a degree, it can be better. Like a Six Million Dollar Man thing......we can improve it, we have the technology. :lol

Just gotta get it out of Sony's hands first.

I came up with a whole possible storyline involving Carnage, the Lizard and Scarlet Spider...

I love the Scarlet Spider and if you look at the Ultimate Spider-Man storyline they handled Carnage and the whole Cloning thing interestingly but I guarantee you anything with Clone in a Spider-Man flick will kill the entire franchise.

Did I mention that I'd really like to see a new Aunt May too? I'd also like someone to write her some non prolific banter please. She's an old woman, she should be ^^^^^ing about the neighbor kids and baking pie all day.

I love the Scarlet Spider and if you look at the Ultimate Spider-Man storyline they handled Carnage and the whole Cloning thing interestingly but I guarantee you anything with Clone in a Spider-Man flick will kill the entire franchise.

The Clone Saga of the Ultimate Spider-Man Series was great. Not to ruin the story but it was much better written and a more complete story than the original from the mid-90's with a much better resolution in the end.
Ultimate Spidey is my favorite Marvel comic and the only Spider-Man series I still follow. If things go sour with Sony and Marvel Studios wants to do their own re-boot I would expect it to be like Ultimate Spidey.

UPDATE:

Sony Going with a New Spider-Man?
Source: Latino Review May 27, 2008

Last week, it was rumored that Sony Pictures is looking to shoot Spider-Man 4 and Spider-Man 5 at the same time using a script by James Vanderbilt that spans the two films. While that hasn't been confirmed, Latino Review added its own rumor... that Peter Parker/Spider-Man may get recast for the films.

Who do they say top the producers' list for the role? Patrick Fugit and Michael Angarano. More details here!

So does that mean Sam Raimi, Tobey and Kirsten Dunst are all out? It's too early to tell, but just remember none of this has been confirmed.

So Peter Parker maybe recasted with either him:

mahs07ebm5.jpg

or

240px-PatrickFugit1SecondFilm.jpg

If the rumors are true of course.

Last edited:
Fixed. Just another example of Sony continuing to screw the pooch here.

Ah, cool, thanks Mike. First one doesn't look bad. I wonder if they did a reboot if they would make him younger. Wasn't he like 15 or something when he first became Spidey?

Back