Sphero's Star Wars BB-8 Drone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered him! I'm waking up in a few hours to go to FanExpo, and yet Force Friday has me so excited that I've been scanning around all night! :lol

Well, I ordered him to be held in a store close by. So I'm going to stop at the store on my way to the convention, and with any luck I'll be able to nab him right there! He's awesome. I had to have him as soon as I saw the video!

For the sake of accuracy this is the complete breakdown using Hokietwo's recommendation:
$25 for $50 groupon: $ 25.00
Brookstone final cart price: $113.31
Total: $138.31

Less 15% Discover cashback $ 17.00 (applies to amount of $113.31 only)

Final cost: $ 121.31

Hope that helps! and again many thanks to HokieTwo!

Was it? Oh shoot! Thought it looked good in that pic.

But if the Sphero is 4.4 inches like the specs say, and the real BB-8 is 26 inches... then that is nearly perfect correspondence.

Yeah, the scale should be good. I watched the Celebration video again and BB-8 is tiny next to R2. I'm sure we'll see tons of pics tomorrow.

Hear, hear. :hi5::duff

Insert A-Team gif here.

Awesome deal, just did it! Thanks for the heads up. Wondering if the Discover Card discount will apply, since it says you can't use any promo codes and you need the ship99 code to get free shipping. Even is not, still a better deal than anywhere else!

I just got off of the phone with discover and it is valid and on my account pending for the discount. It is legit. Hope this helps. You HAVE TO LINK from discovercard.com website to brookstone.com in the shop discover section to ensure the 15% goes onto your account though.

[video]https://video.vanityfair.com/watch/puppies-test-the-new-star-wars-bb-8[/video]

Puppy test

The more I see, the more excited I get. This thing is so damn cool. The coolest piece of tech I've seen in years.

I just got off of the phone with discover and it is valid and on my account pending for the discount. It is legit. Hope this helps. You HAVE TO LINK from discovercard.com website to brookstone.com in the shop discover section to ensure the 15% goes onto your account though.

Nice! No sales tax in Oregon means $110 after cashback for me :yess:

For the sake of accuracy this is the complete breakdown using Hokietwo's recommendation:
$25 for $50 groupon: $ 25.00
Brookstone final cart price: $113.31
Total: $138.31

Less 15% Discover cashback $ 17.00 (applies to amount of $113.31 only)

Final cost: $ 121.31

Assume you're in New York then and getting taxed?

For anyone outside New York, isn't the final cart price (with the free ship) $99.99? That's $149.99 less the $50 gift card voucher.

True final price is $124.99.

For anyone outside New York, isn't the final cart price (with the free ship) $99.99? That's $149.99 less the $50 gift card voucher.

There's brookstone's in every state though, so we all get taxed. Mine was higher than it should be now that I think of it, getting taxed on the $150 I guess.

actually we will get his at the full tax rate on $149.99. That gift card does not lower the tax basis. So we do get the full tax. Sorry. Government gots to get its cut.

Yes...I followed up on a separate message that the assumption is in New York State...So much excitement I just forgot to mention....

There's brookstone's in every state though, so we all get taxed. Mine was higher than it should be now that I think of it, getting taxed on the $150 I guess.

actually we will get his at the full tax rate on $149.99. That gift card does not lower the tax basis. So we do get the full tax. Sorry.

Oh well, I saw his note about NYC tax and thought that was their tax base.

Thing is, on the Bed Bath I don't see tax because its an online order and it shows what I owe when I pay in-store. I assume they will tax me, but then again maybe they won't. The total due says $149.99.

If that's true, then the differential between Brookstone and Bed Bath for me becomes significantly less.

Oh well, I saw his note about NYC tax and thought that was their tax base.

Thing is, on the Bed Bath I don't see tax because its an online order and it shows what I owe when I pay in-store. I assume they will tax me, but then again maybe they won't. The total due says $149.99.

If that's true, then the differential between Brookstone and Bed Bath for me becomes significantly less.

you will get taxed by BBB but no matter what, at the bare the minimum you would save is $25 dollars with the gift card. So that is pretty significant, 20% off.

you will get taxed by BBB but no matter what, at the bare the minimum you would save is $25 dollars with the gift card. So that is pretty significant, 20% off.

I just checked my email invoice and it says exactly what I owe -- $149.99. No tax listed, just a price and then a final price. If that's true, and I would get taxed thru Brookstone, then it is not $25 less bare minimum because the total includes tax. More like $13 savings total in the end. That is of course if BBB doesn't charge me tax.

Intriguing, isn't it?

I just checked my email invoice and it says exactly what I owe -- $149.99. No tax listed, just a price and then a final price. If that's true, and I would get taxed thru Brookstone, then it is not $25 less bare minimum because the total includes tax. More like $13 savings total in the end. That is of course if BBB doesn't charge me tax.

Intriguing, isn't it?

Did you do store pickup? you will have to pay at POS there. They will get your tax at the register. The invoice just reserves the stock item as a pick of the merchandise at the store for you.

Back