Sphero's Star Wars BB-8 Drone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened mine up at work and had him running around. Pretty awesome.
921c03866805022e18159c59d27855e3.jpg

Little worried about the antenna. Why does the thread title say drone?

How tall is the actual figure after all? He looks about 1/6th... but hard to tell.

When they say BB-8 is 26 inches I wonder if that includes the antennae?

How tall is the actual figure after all? He looks about 1/6th... but hard to tell.

When they say BB-8 is 26 inches I wonder if that includes the antennae?

It is pretty darn close in size to 1/6. It is not as detailed since his detailing is a paint application, but this guy is awesome! I just opened mine up.

What's this about?

"Holographic communication

Enables your child to record and review virtual holographic videos."

taken from Best Buy product page....

What's this about?

"Holographic communication

Enables your child to record and review virtual holographic videos."

taken from Best Buy product page....

It's augmented reality. You record a video, then when you look throught the screen on your phone/tablet it looks like BB-8 is projecting it.

You can see it here @ 1:19 :

Sounds like its a fun toy. Not a collectible but a toy. I am not sure its worth $150 though.

Yeah, that kind of sucks.

It looks like a lot of fun... but I'm wondering if a more detailed version with body lights and sounds might be better for my shelf once the novelty of this roly mouse droid wears off?

I have two days to decide about my BBB order. I see since last night its now available again everywhere too. TRU should get these for Christmas.

Just downloaded the app for this. May not be getting the droid until tuesday, but at least I'll be prepared!

It's surprising they put lights into this thing or made it move - they could have animated everything on the phone. :slap

Anyone buy this online for pick up at Bed Bath and pick it up yet?

My pick-up email says I can use an in-store coupon at the store upon purchase. That would be 20% off, which would be great if allowed ($30 off). The online site says they are not allowed but maybe that's simply online.

Looks like 1/6 scale then. Broke down and ordered it. Damn this is getting expensive:

Figuarts Kylo
Figuarts Stormie x3
HT Kylo
HT Stormie Officer
HT Stormie Gunner
Sphero BB-8

Thank god there aren't any SA 3.75" figures!

Anyone buy this online for pick up at Bed Bath and pick it up yet?

My pick-up email says I can use an in-store coupon at the store upon purchase. That would be 20% off, which would be great if allowed ($30 off). The online site says they are not allowed but maybe that's simply online.
If they let you let us know. I was thinking of getting one. Shoot get the GC save $25, then 20% off and then the discover card offer it might be worth it LOL

Back