Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome Anthrapoid! Thanks for sharing. I wasn't sure when, if ever I was going to get around to buying the CK custom version. It was always a bit too pricey for me. Even the pose looks perfect for Dog from the movie : )

Heads up: I found this 1/6 scale Australian Blue Heeler figure for sale on Etsy.
Painted - $80.00 plus shipping, Unpainted - $50.00 plus shipping, from South Korea.
I think it looks much better (and more reasonably priced) than the other one by 'King'.

I already received mine, with VERY fast shipping- five days to the USA I think.
It needs a little work to better resemble the dog in the film, but not much.

1) Ears need to be shaved around the edges to make them a bit smaller
2) Ears need to be shaved on the back-sides to make them a bit thinner
3) Neck 'fur' needs to have a groove dug-in to accomodate the red scarf in a realistic way
4) Lower jaw (chin, actually) needs a bit more thickness in the downward direction
5) Needs male genitalia

I'm also going to do a bit of work on the lip just below the nose, and maybe give him a little more fat around the ribcage, using some epoxy putty. Other than that, I really like it. The scale is just right. Once I give it some easy mods and a really accurate paint job,
it will look fantastic standing beside Max.
View attachment 459957
View attachment 459958
View attachment 459959

Here's the link to buy it on Etsy- get them before they're gone!
As of this moment, it says "only three left" ... but maybe he will make more. (and maybe not!)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/655935...ref=sr_gallery-1-5&referring_page_type=market

I pulled the trigger on one of these as well. Should go great with my RW figure.

Yeah punisher1974, that hadn't occured to me, but you're right.
I rate this model 7 out of 10, regarding how closely it resembles the dog in the film.
The proportions aren't perfect. I took measurements and compared the model to screenshots of the dog.

The ears are very exaggerated in size, the legs are very slightly too long, the torso is a bit underweight, and the chin
should jut down a bit more. Also, the cleft in the center of the upper lip is cut in too deep; over-accentuated.
Taken all together, these flaws make the head look more rodent-like than canine.

I can't really shorten the legs easily, but they'll look more proportional after some weight is added to the torso- just the sides and underbelly. Just 1 to 2 millimeters of added thickness will make a big difference visually.

Some people may not notice or care, but these issues are easy to fix with a Dremel grinder and some putty-clay,
followed by a bit of re-sculpting of the hair surface with a needle tool.

I fixed the ears on mine, and it helped a lot. I'm waiting for some putty to arrive in the post so I can do the other mods.
I'll post pics when it's done. In the meantime, here's a Photoshop image showing how I'm changing the head.

il_fullxfull.1773890965_q5kb - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I went outside where it's cloudy and the current light is diffuse; got some MUCH better pics.
Previous pics deleted.
I really think the reduced ears and the bigger chin make this figure. If you're going to mod yours, remember: the ears are too big around the edges, AND much too thick front-to-back. I also sanded-down the 'whisker bumps' on the sides of the snout by about 60%, because they were just too prominant. I think it makes the whole muzzle look much more natural.

IMG_1804.JPG

IMG_1806.JPG

IMG_1808.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

IMG_1813.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

IMG_1821.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I went outside where it's cloudy and the current light is diffuse; got some MUCH better pics.
Previous pics deleted.
I really think the reduced ears and the bigger chin make this figure. If you're going to mod yours, remember: the ears are too big around the edges, AND much too thick front-to-back. I also sanded-down the 'whisker bumps' on the sides of the snout by about 60%, because they were just too prominant. I think it makes the whole muzzle look much more natural.

View attachment 461049

View attachment 461050

View attachment 461051

View attachment 461052

View attachment 461054

View attachment 461055

View attachment 461056

Love it. The pose really sells it. Some empty 1/6 cans next to him would look great as well.

I'm getting the pair of metal cans (one open, one closed) that comes with the FullMetalCustoms accessory set in October.
Also, I did a digital reconstruction of the Dinki-Di cardboard box that I'm going to print on heavy card paper, then fold into a box.

001 - print on thin dull card stock.jpg

Edit: Here guys, print one for yourselves. Gratis.

01 - print on thin dull card stock - Copy - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
that dog now looks way better and sure the pose helps a lot. Great job and good eye to make all those changes to get your goal! Respect!!

Thanks for making a copy of the box to download. I really appreciate that.

I will try and order one of those dogs over the next few weeks and then get to work on it! I think I will leave his balls alone though.

Back