Speculation: Hot Toys 2018 OT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something we won't see: 1/6 scale space slug.

Something I hope we'll see: Lando.

Something I'm sure we'll see: Scout trooper (if it's Star Wars and has trooper in the title, HT will make it, it's a given).

The best you can do for the space slug I know of is the sideshow model from maybe 6 years ago? I'm not sure if gentle giant tried one.

There's NOTHING I want more than ROTJ Vader....but I'm fairly confident he won't come out until 2019. I too think he'll be teased near the end of 2018 though. Maybe right before Christmas or something we'll see a prototype and that's ONLY if ESB version comes out on time. If that'd delayed at all we won't see a hint of ROTJ until probably spring 2019.

I do think there's a strong possibility of Bespin Han and Bespin Lando. Lando is a grail for me so I'll definitely order him and yes, I too think it's disrespectful to do the Glover one before the Williams one. We'll see how they handle that. Hell, knowing Hot Toys, we'll probably get young Solo and like 4 troopers and that's it from that movie. At one point, I really wanted Bespin Han, especially if he came with the carbonite block....but then my brother gave me his a New Hope Solo and I really like him and I don't know if I need to double or triple dip Han the way I feel the need to do with Luke. I've done it with Leia but the Leia sculpts have been so amazing, I haven't been able to help myself.

For me, I think it'll be an easier year for me OT wise. I'll get the emperor of course and I'm already getting Jedi Luke. I don't have Chewie, R2 or 3PO BUT I'm not big on the sidekicks anyway.

Even though this is OT focused, I'd be shocked if we don't see at least one more prequel figure announced this year. It'll probably be Count Dooku. I have a feeling we won't see that Obi-Wan until 2019.

Jabba, Salacious, and the Band, in a large diorama setup. If I'm going to dream, I may as well dream big.

Also, Admiral Ackbar.

I would love to see HTs give us a Tusken, Fleet Trooper, and Walrusman.

I think we will see ESB Han and Lando, and the Scout Trooper this year. I also think the Death Star Trooper finally goes up for PO.

I wished we would get a PO for Baze and Sandtrooper Sergeant but don't see it happening.

I really hope they nail the Lando sculpt.

I really want that Baze.

Bespin Han would be good - if they nail the portrait and keep his mouth SHUT please - enough with the toothy faces.

I really want that Baze.

Bespin Han would be good - if they nail the portrait and keep his mouth SHUT please - enough with the toothy faces.

Me too the proto just looked so cool with that "belt" fed gun and the outfit and sculpt looked great also.

I like how you think. Veers needs to have AT-AT armor. Add a Scout, DS Trooper and ROTJ Stormie and we are set :)

You and I both know it's all about the troopers. Veers for sure, need somebody commanding the troops.

The Scout is a must, would be nice if they featured the flip up visor. Yeah what ever happened to that DS Trooper....

AT-ST Driver 2 pack :pray:

I dunno guys, Sideshow Sand people are pretty nice, we need to really see things that need improving, or haven't been done yet. I'd say take a pass on the raiders. NOW ADMIRAL ACKBAR I can get on board with.

Speaking about admirals ... new Thrawn, please. And then with the white uniform ready they can do Krennic.

I dunno guys, Sideshow Sand people are pretty nice, we need to really see things that need improving, or haven't been done yet. I'd say take a pass on the raiders. NOW ADMIRAL ACKBAR I can get on board with.

:goodpost::exactly:
Agreed 100%. No low hanging fruit for HT to pick off already decent offerings and provide some small improvement that does nothing to expand the collection. All New, All Different.

I would be more than happy to just see DST, Baze, Leia Endor, Gonks, Tank Pilot etc go up for pre order rather than teasing even more figures that leave us hoping they will be available to buy.

If I had to pick five unrevealed though I would hope for:

Scout Trooper
General Veers
Leia Boushh
Lando (ideally Skiff but I expect Bespin -- I want both!)
Luke Snowspeeder *needed after Sideshow's under production

If Sideshow are still in the game I would love a 2-1B. I doubt Hot Toys will tackle/release this.

I would be more than happy to just see DST, Baze, Leia Endor, Gonks, Tank Pilot etc go up for pre order rather than teasing even more figures that leave us hoping they will be available to buy.

If I had to pick five unrevealed though I would hope for:

Scout Trooper
General Veers
Leia Boushh
Lando (ideally Skiff but I expect Bespin -- I want both!)
Luke Snowspeeder *needed after Sideshow's under production

If Sideshow are still in the game I would love a 2-1B. I doubt Hot Toys will tackle/release this.

This is where i’m at. I really want an ESB Lando but just give me what they’ve already previewed.

Back