Special Spidey item next week!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gambit said:
Sorry for Gruson as I know he has a good taste and wants it for himself but I really have difficulty to understand that how come some same statue (which can't be sold out for months) is being sold so fast in 1 minute just because it is limited to 75 pieces

No offense to you or Gruson but it is obvious that most of the people are just buying for flipping.

I dont think many here are for flipping. The black really does look ahellava lot better that the very bright blue which is a key part. THose who werent sold on it at first had the opportunity to get an altered one that looks far better and realistic. Thats my two cents.
The black blends far better with the sculpt and statue as a whole.:D

TOE said:
Forget this Spidey:emperor It's all about Capt. America:ted :bounce
You got that right. :flag :rock :flag

If SS put as much love and ingenuity into the Spidey PF as they did with Cap the exclusive Spidey would having webbing on his sides, a magnetic Ditko-style head and a base with the Green Goblin's mask on it!

Its still a cool acquisition for the 75 who grabbed one.

I really don't care if someone flips an item or not. They got it and can do what they want with it. I do it too. :)

That said, I wish the black version was the regular release with the higher edition.

I really think it looks better than the blue. It just works better, much better. If blue was the limited version, I would not care since I don't care for it.

Oh well, maybe my waitlist will come through.

this is almost as many as the gray hulk vs. diorama. congratz to those who got one.

I'm not thrilled by this red/black spidy version. I also don't like the red/blue version really. Guess I'm not much of a Spidy fan... But it's good that SSC was able to satisfy most collectors. I have to say that it's pretty strange though, that some (Marvel) PF's get a exclusive "low ES" treatment, weeks or even months after the original version went for sale.
Also, I'm a bit shocked that the Grey Hulk PF got a ES of 175 and was a $100 more expensive, where as this red/black version of Spider-man was blessed with an ES of only 75 and is only $50 more expensive... I really don't get the logic in that.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
I'm not thrilled by this red/black spidy version. I also don't like the red/blue version really. Guess I'm not much of a Spidy fan... But it's good that SSC was able to satisfy most collectors. I have to say that it's pretty strange though, that some (Marvel) PF's get a exclusive "low ES" treatment, weeks or even months after the original version went for sale.
Also, I'm a bit shocked that the Grey Hulk PF got a ES of 175 and was a $100 more expensive, where as this red/black version of Spider-man was blessed with an ES of only 75 and is only $50 more expensive... I really don't get the logic in that.

They were dumping the "regular exclusive" during Spooktacular. Either selling it at a discount or in a bundle with Goblin PF. They obviously got A LOT of these pieces left in inventory. Both exclusives and regulars.

This is Spiderman we are talking about. It's ridiculous that a Spidey PF has not sold out. You got a new movie coming out and he is perhaps the most popular Marvel character. I am sure Marvel looks after their properties even when they sell through Sideshow. For all intents and purposes the Spidey PF was a disappointment in terms of broad appeal in the execution of the mixed media. I love Sideshow and Pablo will get many "forgiveness passes" from me when he does a piece I don't like because he made Doom PF (one of the best pieces ever) but I gotta call them as I see them.

Spidey PF was a high profile failure. A very flat and not dynamic pose given the character. Questionable use of mixed media. Lame exclusive.

So what do you do? You go retro. Low ES and retro has worked well for Hulk and Cap. You gotta have Spidey in group. There is no do-over in PF format so the current piece is it. They re-release it with a 75 ES and do the retro thing. Advertise it on the newsletter a week ahead. Instant sellout. I wonder how many regulars they pulled from inventory to make this new classic version.

I am sure the black symbiote version that's offered next week will have a higher ES. They are promoting the event as a big Friday sale so there should be more than 75 pieces (I predict 250). It would complement either the classic or regular PF very well.

Last edited:
SolidLiquidFox said:
So what do you do? You go retro. Low ES and retro has worked well for Hulk and Cap. You gotta have Spidey in group. There is no do-over in PF format so the current piece is it. They re-release it with a 75 ES and do the retro thing. Advertise it on the newsletter a week ahead. Instant sellout. I wonder how many regulars they pulled from inventory to make this new classic version.
I think youre right about doing it to boost interest in the Reg Edition. If it wasnt an after thought it wouldve been preordered like the Grey Hulk was.

Although Im sure no Reg's were pulled to make it though. That would mean the Reg's ES would decrease by 75now.

all I know is that I dont even collect Marvel and my last 3 SS orders have been 3 Marvel PF's ... so I guess I do collect Marvel now .... :confused:

TOE said:
is there such thing as black and white spiderman???

This is what is being referred to most likely

spideypv3.png

and if they offered that in a PF, I'd get it immediately...Of course all this great Marvel stuff just makes me want an SSC 12" Marvel line that much more...

I didnt buy this to flip. Allthough I think if you reserve one no one else should tell you what to do w/ it..

I think the IN STOCK repelled many buyers that truely were not interested in this peice.. Im happy I finally got my spidey.:D

*Waits for JS's pursuit of the Classic Spidey*

SolidLiquidFox said:
They were dumping the "regular exclusive" during Spooktacular. Either selling it at a discount or in a bundle with Goblin PF. They obviously got A LOT of these pieces left in inventory. Both exclusives and regulars.

This is Spiderman we are talking about. It's ridiculous that a Spidey PF has not sold out. You got a new movie coming out and he is perhaps the most popular Marvel character. I am sure Marvel looks after their properties even when they sell through Sideshow. For all intents and purposes the Spidey PF was a disappointment in terms of broad appeal in the execution of the mixed media. I love Sideshow and Pablo will get many "forgiveness passes" from me when he does a piece I don't like because he made Doom PF (one of the best pieces ever) but I gotta call them as I see them.

Spidey PF was a high profile failure. A very flat and not dynamic pose given the character. Questionable use of mixed media. Lame exclusive.

I am sure the black symbiote version that's offered next week will have a higher ES. They are promoting the event as a big Friday sale so there should be more than 75 pieces (I predict 250). It would complement either the classic or regular PF very well.

hit the nail on the head

One thing I have noticed is none on ebay yet which mean the true flippers probally held off. This time they can't buy it sell it on ebay make huge profit then pay for it when it comes out. This time they would have to take a risk, and it seems that they didn't want to or the true collectors beat them this time.

I have a feeling its a lil of both.

mfoga said:
One thing I have noticed is none on ebay yet which mean the true flippers probally held off. This time they can't buy it sell it on ebay make huge profit then pay for it when it comes out. This time they would have to take a risk, and it seems that they didn't want to or the true collectors beat them this time.

I have a feeling its a lil of both.

As the PF line gets rolling this will become a desirable item. Perhaps even essential if you are a "classic" PF collector (Grey Hulk PF and Excl Cap). It is the best representation of Spidey in PF format.

You'll see a few of these on ebay soon enough. It'll be interesting to see how much the first one fetches.

SolidLiquidFox said:
As the PF line gets rolling this will become a desirable item. Perhaps even essential if you are a "classic" PF collector (Grey Hulk PF and Excl Cap). It is the best representation of Spidey in PF format.

You'll see a few of these on ebay soon enough. It'll be interesting to see how much the first one fetches.
True but Grey Hulk was on ebay the same day. But with the Grey Hulk there was zero risk. They can sell it and get the money plus the profit before they ever even have to think about paying for it.

They only had seconds to make up their minds. A very expensive hesitation if you ask me.

I would have cancelled the Cap Vs Skull piece last week if my credit card was hurting for space that badly.

Back