Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated: Those who have expressed Interest so far...

r-pjam
r*Wor Gar
r-galacticboy
metaphorge
s*lerath666
s*icruise
s*BadMoon
s-sick boy 82
r-dark spidey
r-tigerfeet
s-FACEBOX
*kuzeh
r-Mudshark
r - Les Walker (Head only pending HS)
*Ironman1188 (pending HS)
r-Jedimike71

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair
k = kit (outfit with no body)

*Yes, I am potentially interested in a Sovereign Studios Custom Newt

alien5.jpg

Okay Mike, we got ya aboard.

Last edited:
Thanks! Since I already have a sculpted hair Newt I'm happy with, I would be interested in the rooted hair one from Shawn. Please put me down for one of those types of custom Newt from him. Thanks again! :D

Thanks! Since I already have a sculpted hair Newt I'm happy with, I would be interested in the rooted hair one from Shawn. Please put me down for one of those types of custom Newt from him. Thanks again! :D

Ah-firmative

The Anakin body was a good choice. I've considered those myself for many things, but they're pretty hard to come by these days. I"m trying to scrape one up for young Michael Myers.

Thinking more about Newt's clothes, tailoring may not be a major issue if you're wanting to use your own body. It's a baggy shirt and baggy coveralls. Her costume really wasn't what you could call tailored, anyway. The only issue could be height depending on the body you use. What seems like the most feasible thing at this point is two offer Newt two ways: a complete figure using whatever body most of us can agree on, and a "kit" version without a body for those of you that want to build your own. The price difference would be whatever the cost of the bodies ends up being.

Yeah, it sounds reasonable to me. Finding the clothes for me, as Les can tell you, definitely was the hardest part! I had to get the coveralls/overalls from a "John Deere" Barbie, and cut the bottoms of them open to fit over the HUGE boots Anakin has on his feet. Oh yeah, those goofy boots are superglued on to his legs and feet too! So, that was "fun"!

Last edited:
Okay, looks like we certainly have enough on board already to get this rolling once a body is agreed on Shawn. I personally think a modified mego boy body as Les has recommended is our best option.

Also updated list with k = kit (I guess that means outfit and head)

So please specify with your preference,

I'd be going for a complete if possible... if not I could do a kit as well. Whatever ultimately is easier or a preference for Shawn to produce for us.

Sovereign Freaks Newt Group Rate Figure

Updated: Those who have expressed Interest so far...

r-pjam
r*Wor Gar
r-galacticboy
metaphorge
s*lerath666
s*icruise
s*BadMoon
s-sick boy 82
r-dark spidey
r-tigerfeet
s-FACEBOX
*kuzeh
r-Mudshark
r - Les Walker (Head only pending HS)
*Ironman1188 (pending HS)
r-Jedimike71
*r-William Shatners Toupee (pending HS)
*Sabres21768 (pending HS)

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair
k = kit (outfit with no body)

*Yes, I am potentially interested in a Sovereign Studios Custom Newt

The Anakin body was a good choice. I've considered those myself for many things, but they're pretty hard to come by these days. I"m trying to scrape one up for young Michael Myers.

Thinking more about Newt's clothes, tailoring may not be a major issue if you're wanting to use your own body. It's a baggy shirt and baggy coveralls. Her costume really wasn't what you could call tailored, anyway. The only issue could be height depending on the body you use. What seems like the most feasible thing at this point is two offer Newt two ways: a complete figure using whatever body most of us can agree on, and a "kit" version without a body for those of you that want to build your own. The price difference would be whatever the cost of the bodies ends up being.

newtf.jpg
newtb.jpg

newtshoe5.jpg

Please Specify kit if preferred. All others will be for a complete figure.

alien5.jpg

Last edited:
How many of you would rather I focus on Newt and put Deckard on the shelf for a while? That's the vibe I'm getting, anyway:eek: The Deckard thread seems to have died since this one started.

I'd want to get both Newt and a Rick Deckard from you Shawn! So, in my opinion, if you can manage doing both, please do both! I have one of the "Android Hunter" figures with a Harrison Ford "Frontline" head that is...okay. But I'd love to see your Deckard and own one myself someday, along with a Newt with rooted hair. Please don't "shelve" Deckard! Thanks! :D

Looks like there are a number of Barbie figures that came with overalls... maybe one of them would be workable? Its hard to find anything with the stripes of Newt's overalls, but I think if dirtied up enough it won't be a huge issue if you don't have them.

4b3f_1.JPG

Looks like there are a number of Barbie figures that came with overalls... maybe one of them would be workable? Its hard to find anything with the stripes of Newt's overalls, but I think if dirtied up enough it won't be a huge issue if you don't have them.

4b3f_1.JPG

Yes, Les and JediMike used the John Deere Barbie overalls, and it works pretty well, but to me the appeal of doing a project like this is to have the figure and outfit custom made, rather than just using readily available clothes that are "close enough."

Yes, Les and JediMike used the John Deere Barbie overalls, and it works pretty well, but to me the appeal of doing a project like this is to have the figure and outfit custom made, rather than just using readily available clothes that are "close enough."

Thats true, I wasn't sure if Shawn would be making all the clothes completely from scratch or not.

The real trick will finding IN SCALE pinstripes. Finding scaled fabric can be a nightmare. I'm having a hell of a time with Deckard's shirt:monkey1

I'm throwing my name in the "interested in a full figure" list. Depending on the facial sculpt of course.

I'm throwing my name in the "interested in a full figure" list. Depending on the facial sculpt of course.

I'm sorry Sabres21768, but you MUST have OVER 150 posts to qualify....

AliensNewt2.jpg

j/k Bro. Glad to have you with us!

rooted or sculpted hair?

Last edited:
The real trick will finding IN SCALE pinstripes. Finding scaled fabric can be a nightmare. I'm having a hell of a time with Deckard's shirt:monkey1

Shawn,
You may want to try skip at project-are. Maybe he can provide/resource pattern print material?

https://www.project-are.com/areframe.htm

I don't know much about this, maybe some overseas company?

Any ideas Guys?

NOTE: WE HIT 100 POSTS ALREADY!

Back