Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Les won't mind me posting this info he gave in his custom thread.

He gave this link to the screen-used Newt costume picture below. However, I think she always wore it so that only one strap (the right one, from her point of view) was fastened.

newtf.jpg
newtb.jpg

And here is a picture of his Newt.

HTA002.jpg

set002.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks icruise, I'm reposting this as it may get overlooked...

just a body sugestion, I just had this thought occur to me. how bout a medicom 220 body? YOu think that would be too big?

Well, Figuremaster Les made a Custom Newt, the first ever made and he used a Mego boys body and sanded it down.

Here it is. Hope Les doesn't mind me posting a link...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=378779#post378779

Actually Newt may be a bit taller as icruise posted here...

newtcap4.jpg

I think if you take into account that Ripley was crouching, the body Les used looks more or less OK.

I think the crucial thing about this figure is getting a head sculpt that actually looks like Carrie Henn. The outfit should not be that hard to do at all.

Wha... a custom Newt thread??? How the hell did this one get by me... oh, yeah. Been kinda busy with other stuff lately...

I am definitely down for a custom Newt, with rooted hair if it turns out to be a good option. I know I won't have time to do one of my own anytime soon, and I don't think Hot Toys has any plans to make her, either... so count me in, too!
:chew:chew:chew

Mudshark is in da house! :D Noted Bro.

Wha... a custom Newt thread??? How the hell did this one get by me... oh, yeah. Been kinda busy with other stuff lately...

I am definitely down for a custom Newt, with rooted hair if it turns out to be a good option. I know I won't have time to do one of my own anytime soon, and I don't think Hot Toys has any plans to make her, either... so count me in, too!
:chew:chew:chew

Those who have expressed Interest so far...

r-pjam
r*Wor Gar
r-galacticboy
metaphorge
s*lerath666
s*icruise
s*BadMoon
s-sick boy 82
r-dark spidey
r-tigerfeet
s-FACEBOX
*kuzeh
r-Mudshark
r - Les Walker (Head only pending HS)

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair

*Yes, I am potentially interested in a Sovereign Studios Custom Newt

alien5.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, crazy as this sounds, if Shawn can make a more accurate Carrie Henn head (head only!), then I am in for one, rooted hair ONLY please! :D

And speaking of mine, she is almost exactly the right hieght. That is why I used that Mego body.
I will get better pics of my two (Rip and Newt) in here shortly, so you can see them better. The size and clothes are about right on mine, so copy that (based on that photo of the actual movie costume above), and you are in business! :rock

Actually, crazy as this sounds, if he can make a more accurate Carrie Henn head (head only!), then I am in for one, rooted hair ONLY please! :D

And speaking of mine, she is almost exactly the right hieght. That is why I used that Mego body.
I will get better pics of my two (Rip and Newt) in here shortly, so you can see them better. The size and clothes are about right on mine, so copy that (based on that photo of the actual movie costume above), and you are in business! :rock

Never doubt the Master! :D : Shows you what I know. :lol

Thanks Les, you are the Best Bro. Having your eyes on this is a blessing.

We love our Lil' Newt, don't we?

How many of you would rather I focus on Newt and put Deckard on the shelf for a while? That's the vibe I'm getting, anyway:eek: The Deckard thread seems to have died since this one started.

How many of you would rather I focus on Newt and put Deckard on the shelf for a while? That's the vibe I'm getting, anyway:eek: The Deckard thread seems to have died since this one started.

I for one would want both, assuming they're done to my satisfaction. You might want to start a new thread just for Deckard, though, since there's so much else being discussed in the main thread that some people may not even realize you're planning to make a Deckard figure. As for which to do first, I guess that is best left up to you.

Newt is serious stuff to Aliens freaks, yes. But I agree with icruise.

I started that general thread for you to guage interest and it seems there is great interest for a Deckard as well as Selene, and many others.

Maybe start a thread in Customs and go from there. You really should be situated there Shawn. But I bet there's so many projects Members would like to be involved with as you know. McClane, etc.

Please focus on Newt. We're all very serious here in the Aliens thread, just check out our customs.

Indeed WG. In fact WG started the famous Aliens thread and it was so big and Monstrous, Darklord Dave had to create a whole new section for it.

If you ask me, Newt is my # 1 need as I have all the Marines customized, Power Loader, etc.

As you can see here, Les, Darkartist, Customikey, callous and Hurricane all contributed to my set. I won't post this pic again for a while, but you get the point.

DSC06208.jpg

And Many more of us do have full sets of HT Figs so I think Newt will grow to a fairly decent Order size. We just started it a couple days ago and few people know about it yet. You can see we are adding 1 to 2 to the list almost every day.

Updated: Those who have expressed Interest so far...

r-pjam
r*Wor Gar
r-galacticboy
metaphorge
s*lerath666
s*icruise
s*BadMoon
s-sick boy 82
r-dark spidey
r-tigerfeet
s-FACEBOX
*kuzeh
r-Mudshark
r - Les Walker (Head only pending HS)
*Ironman1188 (pending HS)

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair

*Yes, I am potentially interested in a Sovereign Studios Custom Newt

alien5.jpg

Last edited:
Please focus on Newt Shawn! She is a memorable character and our Aliens collection shall not be complete until we have her.:drool

I just sent some info to Shawn regarding using Mego scale male bodies for her, and you guys may wanna think about it also. Mine uses one (after an exhaustive search for the best posable body), and it works great as it really looks like a little kid body in 1/6, instead of those usually too skinny bodies you see on most little girl dolls.

The muscles can be filed down some to look less masculine, and with her clothing, you get a really decent and posable body for this figure. Just add a good neck and head and she's just the right size and height.

Food for thought.

Totally agree with you Les, Mego is a great size (about 8") and has a lot of articulation for such a small size. Also, they are reissuing a lot of the old figures now and you can get them for under $10.

Mego did make a female body as well, Zira was one and it has the same articulation, but of course is slimmer. She does have boobs though which would need to be operated on. I don't know if any of the female figures have been released using the old style body.

I agree, the mego-type body may be best for us but I wanted to make this point to Shawn as well.

If there is any way to develop/recast this body I think it will benefit YOU the most in the long run as there are so many figures that can be used for it. Young John Connor comes to mind and so many other child characters...

So, whether it's mego boy or some other body that suits this figure, it's all good in my book and I think yours too.

If not I guess we'll all have to hunt down a body on our own. I really don't want a doll like body with limited articulation.

I'd rather see one completed fig that works well we can all have.

Well, the reason we may need ONE body to work with is so Shawn can tailor the outfits properly/uniformly. He raised that issue earlier...

Selling the head/clothes as a kit is a solid idea. The only problem is, what approximate size to make the outfit? I'm sure you guys can tell from my work I'm rather obsessed with exact tailoring.

What ever we do, we have to make it as easy as possible for him IMO.

hmmm... that does make things increasingly difficult doesn't it....
The body I want to use is going to be slightly more costly as I'll need to track down a 220, and I'll probobly end up getting an older 1/9th scale kamen rider, if i can find one... hmmm...

Re: Sovereign ALIENS Newt Thread

What about using the Hasbro TPM Ani body?

BTW, great project -- thanks P!!!

I made my own custom Newt from that very same Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 1/6 scale Anakin Skywalker body. Here's one picture of her. I'm very proud of her, and I've got some enthusiastic congratulations from Les about her.

100_6724.jpg

But, I would be interested in seeing what Shawn comes up with, so count me in on this project too. Thanks! :D

Back