Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't know what I would like the most with the hair.
Obviously with all y other aliens fig having it sculpted I would want it to match and because I haven't seen the hair sculpting possibilities with this figure I'm really not sure.
Hmmmmm...
Newts hair was all over the place in the movie , I think it may need cutting a little round the edges. It looks a little too much like yarn at the edges.
The clothes and facial sculpt are what really have me stuck to this project.
Honestly Shawn I a super impressed with your talents !! :rock

Sovereign Freaks Newt Group Discount Rate: Approx $125.

Accessories include Casey and Wrist Locator.

Updated: Freaks who have expressed Interest...

1) r-pjam (unpainted head)
2) r-Wor Gar (unpainted head)
3) r-galacticboy
4) metaphorge (leaning r/ rooted)
5) k s-lerath666
6) s-icruise
7) s-BadMoon
8) s-sick boy 82
9) r-dark spidey
10) r-tigerfeet
11) s-FACEBOX
12) kuzeh
13) Mudshark (complete unassembled, bald unpainted head)
14) r-Les Walker (Head only with hair: unpainted)
15) Ironman1188 (pending HS)
16) k r-Jedimike71
17) k- P@CK@R@CK
18) s - Faschist Hippy
19) r-tnaig001
20) r- uscmhicks
21) s/r - lethal1973 - 2 Figs
22) r- mookeylama
23) r - migwit
24) r- darth cruel

r = rooted hair
s = sculpted hair
k = kit (no body)

Please Specify kit if preferred. All others will be for a complete figure

Still working on shoes and the wrist locator. I don't why you guys need that, I can tell you exactly where her wrists are located. I'll have Casey done soon, too.

newtproto3.jpg

newtproto2.jpg

newtproto6.jpg

newtproto7.jpg

newtproto4.jpg

Amazing Outfit work, Shawn! I knew you'd nail it. I think the coverall fabric is about as close as we can expect and it works great for me. Love the weathering and hand tooled snaps and all. Love to see a pic of the straps and a pic of the backside too...

This is very exciting, seeing her come to life.

Here's a good ref shot if ya need it...

alien5.jpg

Last edited:
Can the yarn be brushed or combed more where the fibers seperate just a tad more? Otherwise, when it is dirtied, it will rock.
Liking it Shawn! A LOT! :rock

Change my order to just head, with hair, unpainted. Just unbind those fibers just a tad more. And I can trim any length I don't like. Keep doing it like this for me. I am fine with it. NO WAY sculpted will be as good on this figure. No way. Sorry. Nope. This is a better resolution with all that length. Not perfect yet, but so much better than solid.

Great job on the outfit... and super use of the Mego body. Hmmm.... wonder where that idea came from? :D

Wrist locator. I don't why you guys need that, I can tell you exactly where her wrists are located.

*cue cymbol smack* "Thank you, I'll be in Tahoe the night of the 17th..."

Great NEWT, Shawn. The fabric really did work out well for the overalls, and t-shirt looks terrific, the way the sleeves wrinkled and all.

One question: is Newt's shirt closer to brown or gray? I'm not sure. Maybe the browns I see are just dirt rubbed in.

I think he's captured the look of the shirt quite well. I think it was lighter, and was just dirty, but this is a good way to make it on the short, greyish with brown dirt applied. Looks about right to me.

So is everyone satisfied with the prototype so I can lock it down and start production once the shoes and accessories are done? I think I've gotten all the details in there.

Changes for the actual production run:

lighter skin, darker hair.
more accurate fasteners on the straps.
I'm also going to study more photos and really examine the
damage to the costume. What you see on the proto is just
what I could remember.

I had planned to offer the rooter hair first, then do sculpted later on.
I'll end up doing both together. It's best to sculpt hair over a finshed.
costumed figure so you know where/how it needs to fall. I should
do that now, while I still have this proto assembled.

As far as rooted hair, I will be using the yarn method. I'll try to taper the ends more. It will be darker, too. I've alrady found and bought what I need. I've done a lot of real hair work on a lot of figures, and nothing else does a better job matching the style and texture of her hair. Barbie hair is too straight and too clean. It's also damn near impossible to dye or even stain. The really great thing about yarn, due to its texture, it sticks to itself which makes it FAR easier to style. It's almost like having articulated hair!

Last edited:
I think with all that, I'm good. Also like to know how you are modding the chest Shawn. Looks good in the pic. I would also like to see a pic of the outfit from the rear, but other than that I'm good. Shirt too. Brown or grey works for me. I actually like the look of the weathered gray better. And thanks Shawn for adding the sleeve cuffs and collar on the T shirt.

I also want to thank Les for his guidance with this project. And of course Brother Shawn for taking it on for us. Shawn has worked tirelessly to make it a reality.

And guys, having your Marines and Ripley with Newt is gonna rock out your display. Carrie was the co star, after all. Love the outfit :D

Last edited:
I really like everything I've seen so far, the sculpt, the costume, it all looks great! A few months ago the idea of having Newt to go with my gang of Aliens characters was little more than a dream, and now here she is! A huge thanks to everyone who made this project happen...(you know who you are!)
:rock :rock :rock

awesome , awesome , awesome.
I am very happy for you to start production on these now.
As you said lighter skin and darker hair. And maybe like Les said make the hair strands a little less thick. There the main things for me.
I also would like to thank everyone for helping out on this and obviously you Shawn for one hell of a job !! :rock
I am very happy with this !! :rock
All I need to get now is an aliens alien , get bishop sorted and a powerloader !! :rock

Sounds, and looks, good to me! I'm in!

Well done, Shawn!

So is everyone satisfied with the prototype so I can lock it down and start production once the shoes and accessories are done? I think I've gotten all the details in there.

Changes for the actual production run:

lighter skin, darker hair.
more accurate fasteners on the straps.
I'm also going to study more photos and really examine the
damage to the costume. What you see on the proto is just
what I could remember.

Guys, there is a good chance I will be starting a new thread for this when the prototype is completed and pics posted.

It is no longer a project thread, it is now an available Custom figure.

What do you guys think?

Great work Shawn! You really stuck to it and turned out a great looking figure! And one I'll be proud to add to my collection :rock

I decided I will be posting a new thread for the figure once the completed proto and accessories pics are posted by Shawn.

Because it has been such a long time since we began and I don't know where everyone stands, it will go like this. A new list will be compiled for those interested in purchasing the item. The previous list was for those interested in the item, not committed to purchasing it.

Everyone who expressed interest in the figure and wants to purchase it will NOT lose their place in line on the list. Once these figures roll out those who haven't responded will LOSE their place in line as their name comes up for payment. Shawn will have to manage this as he is the vendor.

I think this is the fairest way to approach this. :D

Sounds smart. Best to start a new "purchasing" thread, and leave this one the "interest" thread. Certainly no one will miss the new thread. But there's no need to pressure the people who were interested at one point but may have committed money in other places now. If they're still interested, they will find the new thread.

Sounds smart. Best to start a new "purchasing" thread, and leave this one the "interest" thread. Certainly no one will miss the new thread. But there's no need to pressure the people who were interested at one point but may have committed money in other places now. If they're still interested, they will find the new thread.

Cool. I'll figure it out...

Can't wait to see the completed proto with accessories. Shawn has said this shouldn't take long. We are VERY close to rolling this out now. :D

a note on the shirt, I do believe it's originally light gray. Look near her waist where it's coming untucked, exposing a clean spot.

image018.jpg

Back