Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like the same body to me.....but then again i have an untrained eye.......:monkey2

Maybe, I can't really tell. It looked to me like there were underslots to the shoulders, or maybe the arms might acheive a "T" with the shoulder joints or at least rotate on the shoulder ball above her head. It seems to be a different body though, the arms don't look as muscular/wide.

77_1_b.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah on second looks the arms do seem a little less.......could be the way to go....are all the bodies bought yet or are we doing a prototype first.....

can't wait....:joy

Looks good to me. I will never have her "riding" Ripley so I could care less about the T pose.

I'll have her holding Casey, standing at Ripley's side, maybe just hiding a bit behind her -- that's my pose and I'm sticking to it.
(*copyright Wor-Gar Industries Ltd, LLC, BPOC, Japan, 2008)

:D

Update!:D I've got the Mego bodies. Les was right, they're the perfect scale. There are two things I'm on the fence about, and I'm not sure how much it will bother people. Both issues are with the arms. With other Mego bodies there is a slot in the shoulder joint that allows the arms to raise laterally on a metal bracket. These lack that set-up, so the arms have a limited range when trying to achieve a "T" pose. They also lack that ole' "kung-fu" grip, as do all mego bodies. Between these two issues, I don't know how well she will pose riding on Ripley's back. She can't fold her arms around Ripley. She could hook her arms under Ripley's arms with her hands on Ripley's shoulders, as id she were a backpack. Still, it's about the best body out there for this project.

newtbody2.jpg

newtbody3.jpg

The Mego body is pretty capable of hitting most poses you'd need... the shoulders do have some restriction... they can get to around a 90 degree angle outward, but can rotate 360 like a cut joint. You can definitely get the salute and as Spidey demonstrates you can also cling onto Ripley for dear life :lol

Sorry for the headless Rip... she's getting repainted by DA :lol
megobodya.jpg

This is as far outward and up you can get the arm... but also salutes well.
megobodyb.jpg

:lol :lol Yeah, it kinda does... just trying to help, but maybe I should have waited till I had a head again.

But in Seriousness I could see Newt in that pose with Ripley looking pretty badass :rock

The Mego body is pretty capable of hitting most poses you'd need... the shoulders do have some restriction... they can get to around a 90 degree angle outward, but can rotate 360 like a cut joint. You can definitely get the salute and as Spidey demonstrates you can also cling onto Ripley for dear life :lol

Sorry for the headless Rip... she's getting repainted by DA :lol
megobodya.jpg

This is as far outward and up you can get the arm... but also salutes well.
megobodyb.jpg

Is that the same body Shawn posted?

Its a Mego body, but this is a vintage figure... looks the same, but could be differences I'm not aware of.

Thanks to Galactiboy for those shots. They illustrate what I was about to say....

After messing around with these a bit more, the arms actually do fold inward a bit, so they sort of achieve the "kung Fu" grip. Enough, anyway, to wrap around a figure's neck. These bodies WILL work!:D

Thanks to Galactiboy for those shots. They illustrate what I was about to say....

After messing around with these a bit more, the arms actually do fold inward a bit, so they sort of achieve the "kung Fu" grip. Enough, anyway, to wrap around a figure's neck. These bodies WILL work!:D

Yeah, Baby!

Can't wait to see the Proto Shawn, Thanks.

You Rock GB, thanks for the clingorama. :D

megobodya.jpg

awesome news .....
when I seen spiderman like that I thought , this is gonna be so awesome finished up.

One question...
Why the hell do you own that spiderman figure ? :lol

No update. Just know Shawn is working on the Proto figure and just got the Mego Bodies in a few days ago. So, he needs to tailor an outfit to the Mego Body. It shouldn't be too much longer before we see a full proto Reveal...

Wow! pjam is a prophet!!:lol:D Still working on shoes and the wrist locator. I don't why you guys need that, I can tell you exactly where her wrists are located. I'll have Casey done soon, too.

newtproto3.jpg

newtproto2.jpg

newtproto6.jpg

newtproto7.jpg

newtproto4.jpg

Outfit looks great. I think I still want sculpted hair, though. The yarn doesn't really do it for me. Do you have an example of the kind of hair you might be using, Shawn?

Last edited:
Back