South California, The 51st State... Really?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffBuff

Capitalist ex-demon
Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/51st-state-small-step-forward-long-shot-south-233234624.html

:slap

Of course this would be a Republican to suggest this. I like how those who did give this guy the go ahead to try and have part of California secede were "unenthusiastic." Splitting a state in two hasn't happened since the Civil War. Then again, a lot Republicans are about moving this country backwards.

It's practically impossible this will ever happen... but what if it DID? Our nation's flag will look very odd with a row of one single star. Geez, how un-uniform.

I think it would be a great idea. I am sure those in north Cali would have no objection.

This actually makes some sense and with talks of bringing in US territories into statehood it might make even more sense.

Politically, maybe it could make sense, seeing as the counties that would potentially secede are 85% republican, while the rest of the state is mostly liberal. But I don't think it would make sense economically. True, it's really difficult governing California as a whole right now, but I don't know if secession is the solution.

You don't see how cutting a debt heavy part of the state from an economically healthy but over burdened part makes sense economically?

Politically, maybe it could make sense, seeing as the counties that would potentially secede are 85% republican, while the rest of the state is mostly liberal. But I don't think it would make sense economically. True, it's really difficult governing California as a whole right now, but I don't know if secession is the solution.

They want to rid themselves of the working class and poor. Ewwwwwww......icky! We can't have THOSE people in our state! :cuckoo:

In all seriousness, this isn't going to happen and it won't work. Texas has been talking about this for ages.

Until they change the laws, which no politician will touch no matter how much the promise, it won't fix a thing.

You don't see how cutting a debt heavy part of the state from an economically healthy but over burdened part makes sense economically?

Makes sense for the healthy part of the state, not so much for the overly burdened part. :lol

Imagine this on an updated US map:

ayvjD.gif

It looks like NorCal is consuming SoCal. This secession's not a terrible idea, but it'd make securing federal funds and water very difficult, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back