sory

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New from NewSoul : Metal Boss ( BDU Version & Battle Armor Version )

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-snake-action-figure.jpg

151755gffmgfjfsdgky8t2.jpg

metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-snake-action-figure-perfectos-shield.jpg

Looks pretty ____ing sweet to me!

Is it just me, or is anyone else willing to bet, that it's only a matter of time before Konami hits "NewSoul" with some sort of suit? As of now, we don't even know if these figures will even have a chance of being released (as awesome as they look).

is anyone else willing to bet, that it's only a matter of time before Konami hits "NewSoul" with some sort of suit?

Like a sneaking suit?

:wacky

As long as these aren't outrageously priced, I'm 100% in to getting these.

Like a sneaking suit?

:wacky

More like a battle suit with guns blazing. Except this time, in a federal court with lawyers... minus the guns and the battle suit, of course. :dunno :lol

If this is a Chinese company, what makes you think Konami can touch them? I hear this all the time, its not like in America where you can just get a bunch of lawyers and go after them, why do you think they blatantly do knock offs?

If this is a Chinese company, what makes you think Konami can touch them? I hear this all the time, its not like in America where you can just get a bunch of lawyers and go after them, why do you think they blatantly do knock offs?

Well, just because NewSoul is in China doesn't automatically make their company immune law suits. Did you hear about the case last year when Bandai sued the bootlegger "TT Hongli"? Here's a link to the old news:

https://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/04/bandais-legal-action-against-pirated.html

Although, I haven't actively followed the developments of that suit (perhaps it's still going on?).

Konami is based in Japan by the way, not America. But, on the other hand, Hot Toys, who currently has the license for 1/6 MGS figures is located in China (just like NewSoul). So the possibility's there that we'll see some sort of legal thing coming out of this....

The only way New Soul would get shut down is if Hot Toys wanted them to go down. It's the licensee's decision. Basically it boils down to. . . are these 100 figures at all going to cut into Hot Toys' margins on their 3000 MGS figures?? Probably not.

The other thing you have to remember is that all of these legit 1/6 companies got their start by making unauthorized figures. Kojun made his bones on a 'bootleg' Jack Sparrow among others. How hypocritical would Hot Toys look (when their first figure was a bootleg George Lucas) if they had Konami shut down these bootleggers??

Well, just because NewSoul is in China doesn't automatically make their company immune law suits. Did you hear about the case last year when Bandai sued the bootlegger "TT Hongli"? Here's a link to the old news:

https://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/04/bandais-legal-action-against-pirated.html

Although, I haven't actively followed the developments of that suit (perhaps it's still going on?).

Konami is based in Japan by the way, not America. But, on the other hand, Hot Toys, who currently has the license for 1/6 MGS figures is located in China (just like NewSoul). So the possibility's there that we'll see some sort of legal thing coming out of this....

I know Konami is in Japan, just saying a lawsuit is not going to be as easy as one being filed in America where any idiot can sue someone. Also, I don't think China gives a crap about a Japanese company suing a Chinese company......they hold grudges...1940's anyone?

The only way New Soul would get shut down is if Hot Toys wanted them to go down. It's the licensee's decision. Basically it boils down to. . . are these 100 figures at all going to cut into Hot Toys' margins on their 3000 MGS figures?? Probably not.

The other thing you have to remember is that all of these legit 1/6 companies got their start by making unauthorized figures. Kojun made his bones on a 'bootleg' Jack Sparrow among others. How hypocritical would Hot Toys look (when their first figure was a bootleg George Lucas) if they had Konami shut down these bootleggers??

You do have a point there. :lol :slap I completely forgot about how Enterbay and Hot Toys started out.

Btw, did anyone manage to secure a pre-order as yet? The sneaking suit looks awesome, minus a few discrepancies.

where can i get this?

i think HT is behind this also! :dunno

You know, I agree. Hot Toys could be gauging interest in different styles which is a great idea. The "metal boss" figures look like too much was blatantly ripped off HT, plus the headsculpt was amazing.

April 1 is right around the corner.

Sory?

What happened here, hoping that Hot Toys / Konami didn't play the lawsuit card to get this canned :(

Back