SooSoo Toys Green Goblin Comic Book version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That colour difference between the head/neck and the suit is just way too noticable.

Wish they would have went with the green for the head in the first set of selling photos. 2 hulk green for me, reminds me of age of ultron hulk!. Wanted it, but easy pass with that head paint

SooSoo and Toys-Era better be careful with all these quality figures as of late. They might start to attract the attention of a certain legal team...

eTY0icn.gif
I am quite sure they have. But copyright infringement is the basis of much of Chinas business.

Nothing will stop them as Disney has zero power to stop them.

The only thing that can stop all these great independent releases lately, would be a binding agrees agreement between countries to crack down on copyright issues.

Its more likely home countries would punish their own citizens for buying unlicensed materials , before they would punish China for exporting them.

In short, Disney would come after you before China.

Just got this figure from EKIA.

I get the Mego reference, as his sleeves are cut in a zig zag pattern like the early Megos were to simulate textile fraying. Detailing on this figure is great, and his goblin glider is fantastic. I am not sure if he was ever intended to have his skin tone match his arms & legs, but I will add texture with the airbrush all over, on the legs, boots, arms & hands. I wish he could be posed in more dynamic poses, like have his legs asymmetrical on the glider, but for my purposes, this figure will be a fine addition to my spiderman collection

Got the figure. Solid body, tight joints. Single jointed elbows. I wish the hat was fabric. The strap on the bag could be longer. Only problem is the small hands. Totally out of proportion. These are like 1/10 scale. Need to find suitable replacement. They could have used magnets to attach the feet to the glider. The straps work but magnets would've been more secure.

This figure would look incredible with a tattered cloak and hood. It could also use a 2nd screaming head sculpt. And they could've given him some pointing hands for when he shoots electricity from them.

One important note, be careful with the tips of the ears. I can imagine those snapping off from just moving the head. So avoid them, just touch the hat and the top of the head.

Got the figure. Solid body, tight joints. Single jointed elbows. I wish the hat was fabric. The strap on the bag could be longer. Only problem is the small hands. Totally out of proportion. These are like 1/10 scale. Need to find suitable replacement. They could have used magnets to attach the feet to the glider. The straps work but magnets would've been more secure.

This figure would look incredible with a tattered cloak and hood. It could also use a 2nd screaming head sculpt. And they could've given him some pointing hands for when he shoots electricity from them.

One important note, be careful with the tips of the ears. I can imagine those snapping off from just moving the head. So avoid them, just touch the hat and the top of the head.
A tattered cloak around his neck would be cool to see. Would fit well with the look and design for this.

oC8SLxV.jpeg

TUvMOQ5.jpeg

5C5bHqW.jpeg

I got this in from Giantoy the other day, pretty happy with it overall. I want to try and see if I can get him to look a bit more dynamic on the glider. The included gripper isn't very strong, I'll actually use a Hot Toys one for the stronger grip and not worry too much since the outfit is full cloth. I agree on the head paint but I think it's more noticeable in pictures than in person.

I really dig the classic Mego/Cartoon look of the costume but I’d love to see someone put him on a muscle body and paint the arms and legs to match the sculpt.

Just stumbled onto this guy recently having never heard of it. Looks pretty nice. My only concern is the suit. Thoughts on if it would start peeling apart after awhile? Also, any word on a hobgoblin?

Just stumbled onto this guy recently having never heard of it. Looks pretty nice. My only concern is the suit. Thoughts on if it would start peeling apart after awhile? Also, any word on a hobgoblin?

How much do you intend on playing with it, what kind of climate would you store it in, and how long do you expect it to last to get your moneys worth of enjoyment?

That said, I don’t think anyone knows with any certainty if it will peel over an extended period of time or not. Perhaps wait awhile to hear any reports or just get it hoping for the best but that knowing nothing lasts forever.

How much do you intend on playing with it, what kind of climate would you store it in, and how long do you expect it to last to get your moneys worth of enjoyment?

That said, I don’t think anyone knows with any certainty if it will peel over an extended period of time or not. Perhaps wait awhile to hear any reports or just get it hoping for the best but that knowing nothing lasts forever.
I'm in the southern US, so pretty humid, but try to keep humidity in the lower 50s as best I can. I just pose once and leave 'em, so no playing. I was always hesitant about similar suits on hot toys spideys, but figure a GG is something few and far between

The good news is that IF the suit ever started to fall apart, the arms and legs are the same color plastic as the neck and head so he’d still look pretty great without the suit.

The good news is that IF the suit ever started to fall apart, the arms and legs are the same color plastic as the neck and head so he’d still look pretty great without the suit.
Cool. I took the plunge and ordered one. Would be killer to have a sinister 6 and hobgoblin at some point

Back