Solo: A Star Wars Story

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Han Solo (May 25th, 2018)

How can you complain about more Vader?

Because you can always overdo things. Vader's limited screentime in RO was a very organic aspect of a story that was always connected to him (chasing Leia with the plans) and perfectly complimented the OT while giving us a singular action sequence that fans have pretty much been pining for since 1983.

Even if RO sucked, the Vader scene is still great.

Yes a great scene but also a great high note to end on. Just because I love RO doesn't mean I want to see more Vader, Jyn, etc. In my mind their stories are told.

So they're giving us more young Han (big mistake from the get go) and now they're compounding it with more OT Vader. Might as well throw in everyone at this point. Maybe show how Han and Luke met each other before Mos Eisley and then played dumb when Old Ben was around.

This is just going to add more fuel to the RLM fire and LFL will have no one to blame but themselves.

Because you can always overdo things. Vader's limited screentime in RO was a very organic aspect of a story that was always connected to him (chasing Leia with the plans) and perfectly complimented the OT while giving us a singular action sequence that fans have pretty much been pining for since 1983.

Yes a great scene but also a great high note to end on. Just because I love RO doesn't mean I want to see more Vader, Jyn, etc. In my mind their stories are told.

Fair enough, I think if anything it will be a very small part. Just like in RO.

Lando is in this, among others, and obviously so is the empire. So it makes sense for Vader to show up IMO.

I've been mad at RLM by pretending they're not funny too...
:hi5:
This deal is getting worse all the time.
Of course we're getting Darth Vader! This is one more nostalgic romp by committee. Only difference with Rogue One is that this was originally going to have a very different, subversive tone. But given the recent changes here, I expect it to be more or less the same kind of thing. Best I'm hoping for is that it is a reasonably fun, if forgettable couple of hours. But I'll treat it no different than I would have one of those "choose your own adventure" books we had as kids.

While I wouldn't mind another Vader appearance in the Han Solo movie, isn't it also possible that Spencer Wilding is playing a Wookie or something in this? From the behind the scenes pics, there appears to be more of them than just Chewbacca in this.

Maybe Vader can do something badass in front of Han and then storm off so that Han can say "Wow I'd hate to be on the receiving end of someone finishing what HE started..."

Too sensitive about Vader....I think it'll be cool for him to be in more films long as it makes sense. Solo is in the proper era with empire involved it'd only be logical he could make an appearance

Too sensitive about Vader....I think it'll be cool for him to be in more films long as it makes sense. Solo is in the proper era with empire involved it'd only be logical he could make an appearance

It also made logical sense for him to appear in the prequels and we saw how that turned out, lol.

George did all right with Vader's first appearance too. Star Wars is all about quitting while you're ahead. ;)

Not that I really care about any of this since nothing will change OT + RO, but still, more and more this HS movie just sounds like one big dumping pot of bad ideas.

meh......if no films gonna change OT then why so worried about the individual films? These films may suck, they may be fun or they may be great...in the end it changes nada about the films I first enjoyed many moons ago. Make all them they want , it doesn't bother mesa 😉

meh......if no films gonna change OT then why so worried about the individual films?

I don't know. I complained about RO when it was announced so it's just tradition I guess. :lol

I suppose the upside to this new movie sucking is that people will be able to appreciate ROTJ Han that much more.

I don't know. I complained about RO when it was announced so it's just tradition I guess. :lol

I suppose the upside to this new movie sucking is that people will be able to appreciate ROTJ Han that much more.

these films good or bad wont do jack squat to tarnish the enjoyment we get from the original films. Its already been proven with the prequels.

Hamill, Ford, Fisher etc will always be my reference to the characters anyone new simply needs to be true to the character i.e Ewan / Kenobi and I'm fine.

I don't bother comparing films or actors because it's pointless so they can make whatever films their heart desire. Long as it's entertaining I'll be fine.

anyone new simply needs to be true to the character i.e Ewan / Kenobi and I'm fine.

Long as it's entertaining I'll be fine.

What if it's only one of those, lol. True to the character but not entertaining? Or entertaining but not true to the character. I need clarification please.

Nothing will make me appreciate that performance- nothing:lol

Back