Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling they both will simply move forward. I don't really care though, I love having options. If this is anything like their Tyler Durden in terms of quality it will be incredible.

I posted before coming across this, so it looks like they are both moving forward: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...hostbusters-collectible-figures-ecto-1-a.html

I'm pumped to see what BW has in store! SS's announcement was great news but I couldn't help but think they would need upgrades straightaway. I think BW's will be more shelf ready straight out of the box

I posted before coming across this, so it looks like they are both moving forward: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...hostbusters-collectible-figures-ecto-1-a.html

I'm pumped to see what BW has in store! SS's announcement was great news but I couldn't help but think they would need upgrades straightaway. I think BW's will be more shelf ready straight out of the box

That is my thinking as well. I hope the blitzways have sculpted necks. My other concern with the soldier story sets are with the coveralls. It looks like the length on Venkmans suit is too short. He didn't wear his pants tucked into his boots.

I feel kinda bad for Soldier Story here. Can't imagine their final products will be able to really compare, as nice as they may be on their own. But I'll probably still end up buying both myself.

I would love to be able to buy both lines from BW and SS. But I have a feeling I may have to go the cheaper route. Thats why I'm hoping for SS to come out with decent figures. BWs figures look incredible, but because of that, their price is a little steep. Thank god my wife just got her masters and is hopefully getting a new job that pays double what she gets paid now. :lol

With two different companies holding a license one has to wonder if either will have enough sales to make it viable to do all four of the guys. This is the reason I am glad Hot Toys never got this license. They would have done Peter and maybe Ray and then dropped it like a hot potato.

I've got a Matty set too. Still boxed. Do you guys think it's worth keeping it? Just in case (and if I have the money to do so) I can combine sets to make a definitive display? I kinda think that these two new versions should cover all the bases between them though. What does everyone else think? I'm no GB expert.

The only question there, to my mind, is whether these actually see the light of day or not. Not a foregone conclusion. If not, and if you care enough about the film, you can use those Matty parts to put together some awesome 1/6 scale figures. But as stock figures they aren't very good, and if these new figures come out, and are half as decent as we would expect, they'll make those Matty figures totally obsolete.

The only question there, to my mind, is whether these actually see the light of day or not. Not a foregone conclusion. If not, and if you care enough about the film, you can use those Matty parts to put together some awesome 1/6 scale figures. But as stock figures they aren't very good, and if these new figures come out, and are half as decent as we would expect, they'll make those Matty figures totally obsolete.

Yeah, that's my quandary. I would've thought the BW figures will come out. SS, who knows. I hope they both do, because it increases the chances at getting figs up together that are screen accurate. Thanks for your input, karamazov80 :duff

It's probably safe to assume that the BW sets will be at a higher price point than SS's, but are they really that far apart to warrant two companies having the license? I thought that in order to have this happen (aside from region restrictions), the two companies' products have to be targeted to 2 very different markets (like Sideshow & Hasbro). If BW's sets retail around $225-$250 and SS's are around $150-$175, is that a wide enough spread to justify 2 producers? If so, I hope to God BW jumps on the TWD license while Threezero is snoozing away.

Just a curious question about how licensing works. At the end of the day if 2 companies offering sets that retail for $75-$100 in difference from each other, it's a win-win for all camps; those who are happy with SS's end result, those who prefer BW's, and those or will stretch to mix & match the best parts of both

I think the Matty packs will still retain value and relevance regardless of what these two companies produce. They're already done so well, it's hard to think what can be improved to make them look dated

Well the tradeoff there is that value will plummet if these new ones see the light of day. But it's a gamble one way or the other. The Matty figures aren't worth all that much anyway though, last I checked (I think I sold an unopened Egon for $40 on eBay last year, which is well below retail). So it may not hurt anything to hold onto them just in case.

6SMl9tC.jpg

Back