Soldier Story - 1/6 Ghostbusters Collectible Figures (1984 & 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SoldierStory 1/6 “GHOSTBUSTERS” (1984) -EGON SPENGLER & Dr. PETER VENKMAN

These figures are...interesting but I see them as an alternative to Blitzway for someone who is a fan of Ghostbusters, wants something better than Mattel but does not want to pay the Blitzway price...Egon's likeness looks good but lacks the lifelike quality of the Blitzway prototype. These look more like mass market pieces to me...it will be interesting to see where the price point is.

So much for these being bootlegs :lol

Egon looks better than the BW version and these proton packs seem better too, imo. The casual outfit is also a cool idea.

I don't think Egon's likeness is better, but I think the expression is more appropriate for the character. Diecast proton packs are an intriguing idea. I would be worried about the weight pulling the figure down, but I'm guessing they have a solution (really tight joints? Weights in the legs?). Flight suits look about on par with Blitzway. Venkman sculpt here is a miss. Too bad they didn't improve on that initial prototype. Boots here seem like a flexible, leather type material. And so I give the edge to Soldier Story there. Blitzway is superior on the detail and paintwork on the sculpts, though as we saw with Durden, we're likely to see a downgrade from prototype to production with Blitzway. Blitzway's Slimer likeness is much better, but maybe this one they show won't even be for sale? Looks very similar to a statue I've seen. I think the suits are ill tailored, so not a consideration for me.

As Evilface says, you can't go wrong with either company here, but I would give the edge to Blitzway. I currently don't feel a need to get these. But I would like to have those boots, and possibly proton packs.

Ok I'm definitely a lot more tempted to get this Egon than the Blitzway one, especially with that blue suit which is a much cooler look for him than I remembered from the movie. And the outfits and proton packs look really good here as well.

I originally only PO'd the Blitzway Venkman as it's the only likeness I cared for, but if the price on these is cheaper I think I might just get these instead, and replace the Venkman head with my Snyderman version (which I still think captures him better than either of these anyway).

I think I need this Egon as well. That's a lot of accessories.

Why have we got another thread for these? Is the other one getting shut down?

I think Egon's likeness is better than the BW. I'm in for these, as long as cost is reasonable.

BW may well screw up the paint and sculpts, judging by the Durden misstep.

I think I need this Egon as well. That's a lot of accessories.
Is he getting anything the Blitzway version isn't, apart from the blue suit? Both have the same material on the belt that I can see (2 fobs, gizmo, walkie talkie), plus watch, PKE meter, proton pack.

Why have we got another thread for these? Is the other one getting shut down?
The other one is more general, with both the '84 and '16 Ghostbuster figures covered and discussed, so I think it makes sense to have a dedicated thread to the '84 guys with official pics and specs here.

Man! These look really nice! I already ordered the blitzway versions like most of us probably did, either way both companies figures look great

The other one is more general, with both the '84 and '16 Ghostbuster figures covered and discussed, so I think it makes sense to have a dedicated thread to the '84 guys with official pics and specs here.

Ah, gotcha. I'd forgotten about the 16 film already. :lol

I like this Egon better than Blitzway.

Also looks like the gear is superior, especially the packs with all the additional light effects.

Translation: Kara can't wait to start the thread for the ladies.

These look like **** compared to Blitzway's, glad I ordered the four pack.

Interesting to see they went with what looks like GB II packs. I like the attention to detail in adding the battery packs towards the top of the motherboard between the Alice frame, very cool! Ribbon cable also looks closer to to GB II. Still glad I preordered the set from BW, but I'm definitely interested in what the rest of his set looks like...

I like this Egon better than Blitzway.

Also looks like the gear is superior, especially the packs with all the additional light effects.

The blitzway packs are supposed to have full lighting like these packs. The prototypes did not have the lighting in them but per the promo material the pack and wand will have full lighting.

The blitzway packs are supposed to have full lighting like these packs. The prototypes did not have the lighting in them but per the promo material the pack and wand will have full lighting.

It's not just the wand but the blue display on the back and several other smaller lights that these have that the BW do not.

But if these are based really on GB II, then I have no interest.

Back