Snake Eyes Vs Ninjas Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered, will have to see what else ships at the same time. 300 bones seems a bit much too much for this. I love the switch out head though.

Not something I would buy, but it looks pretty good for what it is. Not really thrilled with the goggled Snake Eyes head, though. He looks a bit like one of those Mortal Kombat ninjas. I hope the 12 inch figure's head doesn't look like that.

C'mon Zartan vs. Flint!

Looks awesome but the person who mentioned "its this or three Joe figures" really puts it into perspective. I preordered it but doubt I'll be able to fit it in.

It might have been even cooler if the ninja on the right was Storm Shadow instead of a second red.

sedio.jpg

Just because we've gotten 1 Joe SDCC item doesn't mean it will be a regular thing. But if I had to guess, probably something like goggled Snake Eyes, Cobra Trooper Flint, or maybe a lame Tiger Stripe variant of he/and/or Duke.

Or maybe a RAH Firefly :lol

I think it will be a regular thing and any of those choices would be anything but lame since again variants are the perfect SDCC items.

Now as far as this item. Good gravy it looks awesome. I'm gonna order it and think it over. Very dynamic which always makes displaying the Dios a bit more fun.

I think it looks really great and I am tempted, but I will stick to the figures and environments because else it will be getting too expensive and I have bought way too much stuff lately.

I got the Shrine of Dagon and think it will look cool when I pose Snake Eyes facing Storm Shadow on it.

I'm amazed at the lack of interest in this thing. I'm not even into GI Joe and I still think it's awesome. The action is captured perfectly. (some french word that means good job) Sideshow.

As an artist, I can see the total amount of talent and work that went into creating that, and I don't often say this (cause I think the expression is often misused), but this piece is breathtaking. Truly impressive. No wonder it took so long to be officially announced. Wish I could afford to collect Joes.

Gotta save up man. I used to think the same way. 5 years ago I would never paid 40 bucks for a figure now look at me. Spending 100 bucks on a figure. One day you will too.

are those that are saying "easy pass" passing because they only collect 12 inch Joes even though they think the dio looks good?

Or is it an "easy pass" because you think the dio in not good

I imagine it must be 12 inch collectors that say "easy pass" because it really is awesome looking.

Because G.I. Joe's very soul is based in action figures. This is not. In addition, supporting this will, without a doubt, lead to Sideshow's traditional treatment of lines. Bait with 12" and then ditch for polystone.

Looks good, but easy pass because 12 inchers rule. And GIJoe is a about action figures, not statues.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Prepare to be surprised.

Unfortunately. It's like a bad burrito. It'll turn up again in a meaner, nastier form than originally.

I'm amazed at the lack of interest in this thing. I'm not even into GI Joe and I still think it's awesome. The action is captured perfectly. (some french word that means good job) Sideshow.

There's no doubt that a lot of hard work went into this. Unfortunately, for the most part, they're aiming wine at beer drinkers. The _____ whipped _____es will pick it up to "look cool" for their douchy preppy friends or old lady, but the real men will stick with the beer.

There's no doubt that a lot of hard work went into this. Unfortunately, for the most part, they're aiming wine at beer drinkers. The _____ whipped _____es will pick it up to "look cool" for their douchy preppy friends or old lady, but the real men will stick with the beer.
So people who buy $130 poseable toys are blue collar, red blooded, factory workin' everymen, while guys who pay $300 for statues are white collar, wine-drinking, fancy-pants, metro-sexual types? That makes a lot of sense.

So people who buy $130 poseable toys are blue collar, red blooded, factory workin' everymen, while guys who pay $300 for statues are white collar, wine-drinking, fancy-pants, metro-sexual types? That makes a lot of sense.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." :p

nam always cracks me up and makes it worth heading to the boards. :D

I ordered, but as usual, I don't know why. I like the look of the thing, but you just know I'm going to cancel. Gotta stick to horror and Alien.

People who are not 100% commited should not bother ordering, all it does is give SS false ideas of the items popularity and will entise them to do more dios. As cool as this one looks I really hope is sells horribly and Sideshow is forced to ditch the dio line and stick with 1/6.

Very nice piece, full of movement.

Has that rock tablet behind him been sliced in half by one of his swords?
If so then that seems very unrealistic.

Leave the boards at once!

Thanks for that, what a nice way to be welcomed to the forum.

I know the character but i wasent aware his swords could cut through anything, they must be made from the same metal as Wolverines claws.

Last edited:
I think the logic that if the dio does decent that this will lead to bad things for the 1:6th scale line is flawed. Yes, I know how lines like the LOTR worked and all that jazz but as long as people are willing to buy both and stay buying both the way they are things are fine. Lines die more because of folks changes in buying habits than one line being created along side another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back