Slik?s Star Wars customs and more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would talk to marine boy because of his amazing build. In that thread he references a paper model that was helpful and his build seems to bear out that the scale of that reference is good. You can cross check it with your stuff and maybe have a good starting point.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Oh that sounds great! ...would you be able to link to the thread? :)
Edit: found it :)

I think I have decided on making the full length of the Snowspeeder 97cm long including the cannons. This means that the 1:1 speeder would be 5.8m long all included.
I took my decision based on this 1:18 model:
743da4fa0869bf2b641ff690c7455daf.jpg

That's longer than you previously anticipated right ?

I remember seeing a large scaled version a while back somewhere on rpf I think. It looked very stubby and short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's longer than you previously anticipated right ?

I remember seeing a large scaled version a while back somewhere on rpf I think. It looked very stubby and short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it?s longer than I was planning at first, but the cockpit just becomes too small otherwise.
The canon length is 5.3m (I assume it?s including the cannons) and this one will be 1/6 of 5.8m total. So maybe 10% too long compared to the canon length depending on how you measure.

So I changed my mind again after doing some tests. I?m going to make it only a bit larger than my first try. From the tip of the cannons to the end of the engine it now measures 1/6 of the canon 5.30m.
...that?s it. I?ve started printing.
762a05e17b6e37a1743f4bffaf0e0f95.jpg

Well looks like you picked the right week to ask what length a 1/6 snowspeeder would be - just watched the first review of the incredible (and MASSIVE) 6" BS Snowspeeder, which people I've been talking to say is the most accurately scaled version of the vehicle, with the quality of a high-end model. Looks to be pretty perfectly scaled to the figures.

He says its 18 1/2" overall length from back of rocket to tip of cannons - this image is from his review...

18 1/2 inches would be about 47cm, which multiplies up to 5.64m for full size, which then divides back to 94cm/37 inches in 1/6! Maybe canon length (that's a really confusing word here...) is just the body, not including the cannon tips? So canon doesn't include cannon.:lol

LQE8UhA.jpg

Well looks like you picked the right week to ask what length a 1/6 snowspeeder would be - just watched the first review of the incredible (and MASSIVE) 6" BS Snowspeeder, which people I've been talking to say is the most accurately scaled version of the vehicle, with the quality of a high-end model. Looks to be pretty perfectly scaled to the figures.

He says its 18 1/2" overall length from back of rocket to tip of cannons - this image is from his review...

18 1/2 inches would be about 47cm, which multiplies up to 5.64m for full size, which then divides back to 94cm/37 inches in 1/6! Maybe canon length (that's a really confusing word here...) is just the body, not including the cannon tips? So canon doesn't include cannon.:lol

LQE8UhA.jpg

That is damn awesome Tali! I?ll stop printing and resize. Thanks!
This is the exact same length as the Nexus 1/18 was scaled by. So makes sense.
No matter how the canon length is measured this gives me more room in the cockpit. And the difference to the overall 1:1 length is really only about 35cm (or about 6cm in 1/6), so it won?t be a big problem if it?s not totally correct.

:duff The snowspeeder review link someone just posted in the BS 6" thread.

Are you going with the classic/iconic red stripes paint scheme or the accurate (but pretty meh/dull) grey stripes Luke's Snowspeeder look?

:duff The snowspeeder review link someone just posted in the BS 6" thread.

Are you going with the classic/iconic red stripes paint scheme or the accurate (but pretty meh/dull) grey stripes Luke's Snowspeeder look?

I?ll probably go with the red, but I haven?t really decided yet.

That's some serious awesome sauce, Slik! Now where's that damn snowspeeder? (I just received my Black Series 6" Snowspeeder Luke, so it's on my mind:lol.)

Back