Action Figure Skiman's GI JOE Workshop (Sculpting, Painting, Mods [SGT SLAUGHTER v3.0])

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ski's GI JOE Customs etc... (Serpentor Update FINISHED w/ Vid P.82 Post #812)

Wow Ski I must say Serpentor is fantastic. And I don't really like him I'm a Cobra Commander supporter. :thud:

Re: Ski's GI JOE Customs etc... (Serpentor Update WIP P.77 Post #768)

I give you............ The Emperor -->SERPENTOR!!!!!!

tony-stark-iron-man.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LEivH2RFN3c?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LEivH2RFN3c?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>​

fantastic job Ski.....just fantastic.....keep up the great work...

Thought the same thing but was to chicken to say it. :eek:

Blame Hot Toys. Those heads are on HotToys bodies. If the neck looks to long, that's how they'd look on the bodies anyway, without the outfits.

Blame Hot Toys. Those heads are on HotToys bodies. If the neck looks to long, that's how they'd look on the bodies anyway, without the outfits.

Yeah, Hot Toys seems to have a thing for giraffe neck, but it sounds like Ski has the heads just perched on the necks so they look even longer right now:

Yea, you can actually snap it down further, I like the huge traps look but it's just personal preference, muscles: go figure right? So I pop up the neck a lil more than it should sit but it can snap down fully, the armor pleather materials is soft enough to give.

Re: Ski's GI JOE Customs etc... (Serpentor Update FINISHED w/ Vid P.82 Post #812)

Holy ____, awesome job man

Ski gives us this awesomeness and SS gives us a weapons cache with no weapons...

I hadnt notice until now, but I think Maglor is right, Ski has the heads perched on top of the neck joint. The HT necks are not THAT long.

:yess:

I wouldn't have pegged you as a Melodic Death Metal kind of guy. Very Cool. :duff

I agree that they are perfect for working out to. It makes you feel like you are going into battle!. :viking :devil

There's a lot that many wouldn't peg me for, my full time job is one of them :lol

Wow Ski I must say Serpentor is fantastic. And I don't really like him I'm a Cobra Commander supporter. :thud:

fantastic job Ski.....just fantastic.....keep up the great work...

Holy ____, awesome job man

Ski gives us this awesomeness and SS gives us a weapons cache with no weapons...

Thank you fellas always a pleasure to bring you my creations, I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do making them.

Snapped another pic today once I got home with the head fully down, I'm happy with it regardless, I love the oversize trap look and I think we forget how big they made the T-800 also...

IMG_6891.jpg

edit: oops, forgot the snakes :lol, oh well you guys get the gist.

Last edited:

I think he looks way better with the head all the way in place. Looks more natural. :)

I get what you're saying about the huge traps, but looking at the deltoids gives away the length of the neck. And the traps looks plenty huge with the neck snapped in place. :peace

I think he looks way better with the head all the way in place. Looks more natural. :)

I get what you're saying about the huge traps, but looking at the deltoids gives away the length of the neck. And the traps looks plenty huge with the neck snapped in place. :peace

Not really:
21142.png

Yea I like it as well, I think I might of had it a lil higher than I expected on Serps.

NE, I'll keep him where he's at since it's not exactly human :lol and I had this kind of build for him in mind.

As you can see the delts are pretty low if you have massive traps!!! :drool I wish I could build this on myself :lol

Dave_Batista_326977.jpg

Just to clarify:

I think that the neck like this:

IMG_6891.jpg
:clap

...totally mirrors the look of a real life big dude:

21142.png

Dave_Batista_326977.jpg

But this just looks like a really long neck:

IMG_6866.jpg

Again, huge traps:

IMG_6891.jpg

:rock

Giraffe neck:

IMG_6866.jpg

:panic:

Not enough of a difference to be noticeable. It actually looks like Ski just pushed up the chest padding. :huh

Finally had a chance to sit down and check out the vid, Ski! F'n glorious stuff, man! Love how it takes you through just about every stage of the process. Certainly a real labor of love! :clap Appreciate the shoutout as well! :eek:
:rock :rock :rock :rock

Not enough of a difference to be noticeable. It actually looks like Ski just pushed up the chest padding. :huh

Yeah, it looks like the chest padding is pushed up to stay tight to the neck.

serpentor looks amazing, bro. the detail is insane! top to bottom just outstanding work. he might be my favorite joe custom of yours yet. which is saying a lot because your b.a.t. was freaking fantabulous.

Ski, it SHOULD seem that there is no place to go but down from this point.

But I have a feeling you'll find a way to top yourself again.

IMG_6891.jpg

:rock

Looks more natural to my eye. I can see a Bautista type body under that.

Again, you killed it Meaty. :clap

Just sent you a hint on who your next Cobra LA LA LA custom can be....

Can you figure it out??? :nana:

Back