Aloha! The Few From Hawaii….Collector Nut……Pop Culture……Movie Fanatic….. Etc….

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavoySpecial

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Howzit going or shall I say Hows it going fellow sideshow collectors. Guess you can tell from the title I am from Hawaii and know they are few of us from Hawaii on here that share the same hobbies and interest in collecting things, which is why I am here introducing myself. Where do I begin, lets start with the likes. I have always been a big fan of movies doesn't really matter if its marvel, star wars, rom-com, comedy, drama, chick flicks, baseball themed or any combination of which as long as I am into it and entertained. I am a huge Kevin Smith fan back when Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back stuff came out and now Comic Book Men. Been always into collecting started out with good old baseball cards took a 20 year hiatus and got back into it again. Next I started collecting all my old school late 80s early 90s NOS skateboard decks that I had and several of my friends had back in the day and for some reason I ended up here with statues….pretty crazy but super kooool. I will honestly say I have never been a comic book reader but things that are considered pop culture nowadays have always been apart of my life growing up. Whether it being a fan of Star Wars since my parents introduced me to the movie as a young kid to watching Tim Burtons 1989 Batman in the theaters to waiting for and buying the original TMNT movie on VHS subscribing to Nintendo POWER and trying to conquer every nintendo game with my friends. Guessed I've always loved stuff of this caliber. I could go on and on but the main reason I am here is this thing I have for statues now…………….

Guess it started when I was on youtube one day either looking at marvel or star wars or SDCC and witnessed these accurately detailed items. Got to say I was impressed but thought this is not something that any "average joe" would own let alone collect these pieces of art. I thought it must be for promotional / sponsorship companies or something. As i did my homework I began to see people out there were able to buy and collect these statues and had awesome collections but never thought I'd ever own one on my own. Fast forward a year and although I love DC and Marvel I thought I might as well stick to a theme and ordered the Boba Fett PF since I already collected light sabers particularly the Master Replicas back in early 2004 and just recently acquired a few Vaders Vault, Ultra Sabers & Saber Forge light sabers. What can I say I was blown away and a new addiction was born. Right now I have collected a few on the secondary market (ouch)(working on Sith themed) and been sort of branching out to collecting DC & Marvel. It has definitely given me a different perspective at how I view these as 3D art pieces and the bonus part is that its things that I love from my past and grew up knowing as a kid. Anyway sorry for the long post and my disorganized writing being all over the place trying to sum myself up but, definitely looking forward to talking story about this new hobby or anything with pop culture for that matter. Aloha

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Back