SIM Repainted to Red and Gold Poll :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repaint a SIM to Red and Gold?

• Total voters
Amir:

I have the Red'nGold IM Exc, (legit), the Stealth, and painted stealth.

Done right, the stealth painted Red'n Gold, done PROPERLY, will be the best of the three.

Anyone who has come to see these has always pointed out the custom painted Stealth is the most liked of the three.

I paid $2000, including shipping to get the custom painted one. I cannot tell you how happy I am with it. The paint job is a bit shiner then the SS one, and IMO, is a better paint app.

Do it, but get it done right. If it ends up like mine, it will be your favourite of the three.

WOW 2G's for paint, that must be some paint job, u have any pics :naughty

I was just about to say that, yeah ur lookn at quite an expensive purchase for a legit Red/Gold IM Ex or Reg. I'm not sure what worstgamerever is mentioning because that would cost u a cool $2000 after it's all said and done. With the purchase of the legit one and then a purchase of a IM Classic...??!?!?!

SIM's are going the highest $600 and that's stretching it. Some u can find around $500 and the paint job will prolly very in the range of $300-$500 which puts un low balling around $800 for getting a SIM and painting it.

If u all ready have a SIM then, it's going to be way cheaper to have it turned into a R/G, merely $300 bones is what I would pay for a decent paint job.

edit: oh he says he wouldn't buy the R/G one and just get the IM Classic Ex, I guess this will cost about the same really when it's all said and done, so go with what version u like best I guess the modern or classic.

Sorry Skiman I wasn't very clear! :duh:duh:duh

What I tried to say, and it turns out it didn't do a good job, was that personally, if I had the cash to buy a red-gold IM comiquette --$1,500 or $2,000 or however much it is -- I wouldn't, as I actually prefer the classic IM just released. I did however imply that my preference and Amirs arent the same and that he should get his SIM repainted, if the final price of that project still falls within the price ballpark of an original red-gold IM :monkey3

Ah, I see, I like the classic look a lot but I also want the first version very much, I want both :)

Enough talking Amir just go with what makes you happy and do it, you will sleep better. The red and gold is classic followed by the MK2.

Well like I mentioned before, you can be like our fellow freak here AminKo and have like 6 SIM's painted in every possible version :lol

Like a rainbow of SIM's :wacky

Yeah, I am not made out of money like that guy seems to be :D

Enough talking Amir just go with what makes you happy and do it, you will sleep better. The red and gold is classic followed by the MK2.

Will do, definetely going to get the stealth repainted :)

This is what you should do.....go to your local paint store and purchase some cheap paint with the colors you need, like $5.00 bottle.

Take a brush and you and maybe your kid if you have one and do it yourself.

Yeah it will look like complete crap but in the end, it was done by your own hands or maybe you and your child and that's all tha matters plus you just saved yourself a butt load of money and you still have your RG IM!

Just try to be neat, use low tack tape and stay within the lines.....

:lol:rolleyes::monkey5:rolleyes::monkey5:rolleyes::monkey5:lol

That's actually not really a bad idea if u trust urself or are a artist, guess oil paint would work if u don't let it get all clunky and dried up but it does dry quick so u have to work quick with the brush and be precise at the same time.

Piece of cake, with some Dr. Pepper on the side.

That's actually not really a bad idea if u trust urself or are a artist, guess oil paint would work if u don't let it get all clunky and dried up but it does dry quick so u have to work quick with the brush and be precise at the same time.

Piece of cake, with some Dr. Pepper on the side.

Damn, why didn't I take my own advise before I sold mine...:banghead:duh:banghead

WOW 2G's for paint, that must be some paint job, u have any pics :naughty

Yes Batman29, I too would love to see pics.

Skiman and Amir, just to be clear:

It was 2G"s for the Iron Man Stealth,
the paint job (which included
-cleaning the figure of the grease that came with
the original Sideshow statue release
- prime and wet sand it till the figure
achieve a smooth, glass like finish
- airbrushed it with high quality automotive
metallic paint to achieve a metallic finish
- use clear acrylic high gloss paint to seal
the figure with high quality shine)

and shipping.

I will post some pics later, and I will do my best to show the paint job. I will see if in the photo you can tell the difference between the one I had painted and the one from SS (legit one).

I cannot tell you how happy I am with this piece (other than one part that was painted red should have been painted gold, but I noticed this only the other day after I had bought this 11 months ago, lol).

I have seen some painted, and bought some too, for cheaper price, and had to return them. Paint job was not to snuff, did not match the SS piece for minimum quality. Was disappointed to say the least. I wanted one done correctly from the ground up, which is going to cost some cash (well back then it did).

Sweet!!!! Keep us posted and put up pics ASAP!

Will do, but it looks like it might take up to 3 months, possible sooner it all depends on the painter :)

This is what you should do.....go to your local paint store and purchase some cheap paint with the colors you need, like $5.00 bottle.

Take a brush and you and maybe your kid if you have one and do it yourself.

Yeah it will look like complete crap but in the end, it was done by your own hands or maybe you and your child and that's all tha matters plus you just saved yourself a butt load of money and you still have your RG IM!

Just try to be neat, use low tack tape and stay within the lines.....

:lol:rolleyes::monkey5:rolleyes::monkey5:rolleyes::monkey5:lol

No thanks :D

Skiman and Amir, just to be clear:

It was 2G"s for the Iron Man Stealth,
the paint job (which included
-cleaning the figure of the grease that came with
the original Sideshow statue release
- prime and wet sand it till the figure
achieve a smooth, glass like finish
- airbrushed it with high quality automotive
metallic paint to achieve a metallic finish
- use clear acrylic high gloss paint to seal
the figure with high quality shine)

and shipping.

I will post some pics later, and I will do my best to show the paint job. I will see if in the photo you can tell the difference between the one I had painted and the one from SS (legit one).

I cannot tell you how happy I am with this piece (other than one part that was painted red should have been painted gold, but I noticed this only the other day after I had bought this 11 months ago, lol).

I have seen some painted, and bought some too, for cheaper price, and had to return them. Paint job was not to snuff, did not match the SS piece for minimum quality. Was disappointed to say the least. I wanted one done correctly from the ground up, which is going to cost some cash (well back then it did).

Well, I can't wait to see it, I have faith in the painter I am working with Ickwinzs, his work is amazingly well done and looks to match the original red/gold IM perfectly! Also the base will be reapinted as well, here are some pics of the red and gold repaint he did as well as other Stealth repaints, he truly is a great artist:

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

The Repainted Base:
watermark.php

Other Stealth Repaints:
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Here is a link to his Paint Ups Web Page.

Well, I can't wait to see it, I have faith in the painter I am working with Ickwinzs, his work is amazingly well done and looks to match the original red/gold IM perfectly! Also the base will be reapinted as well, here are some pics of the red and gold repaint he did as well as other Stealth repaints, he truly is a great artist:

watermark.php

Here is a link to his Paint Ups Web Page.

Boyee, those last two on the end look amazing!

I can't remember, but someone did a reg/gold by converting the light into yellow instead of the original red. I think it was probably the best detail job of the red/gold statue. I can't remember the name but he had a lot of photo during his process. I think he ended up selling it for over $2000 on eBay. Do you guys remember him? It was in during the early stage release of the SIM.

I can't remember, but someone did a reg/gold by converting the light into yellow instead of the original red. I think it was probably the best detail job of the red/gold statue. I can't remember the name but he had a lot of photo during his process. I think he ended up selling it for over $2000 on eBay. Do you guys remember him? It was in during the early stage release of the SIM.

I remember the piece/story but sorry I'm no help with the artist.

Boyee, those last two on the end look amazing!

Yeah, the gunmetal does look freakin badass!!!!

I remember seeing a custom SIM with an LED base! The cracks actually glowed!!!! It looked just INSANE!!!!! I believe it was a collector over in the UK that had this commissioned, but the person said they weren't gonna do it again since it was a complicated process :(

Back