Silent Hill: Homecoming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was curious when it was coming out in Australia. On the Site I was looking at it has written:

“this game has currently been refused classification by the Classification Board. It has been reported that there may be an edited version to be released next year but at this stage nothing is confirmed”

Man this sucks. I hate censorship!!!

I was curious when it was coming out in Australia. On the Site I was looking at it has written:

“this game has currently been refused classification by the Classification Board. It has been reported that there may be an edited version to be released next year but at this stage nothing is confirmed”

Man this sucks. I hate censorship!!!

I got some bad news for ya. You're right that it's been refused classification and is now temporarily on hold for release in Australia. The earliest you guys will get it seems to be 2009 (and no exact date either).

https://www.gamespot.com/news/6198219.html?sid=6198219&part=rss&subj=6198219

Anyway, it's only one day until SH: Homecoming is released (in the U.S.) and only 1 review?! I'm starting to worry that Konami hit many major review publications with an NDA until street date because they got a mediocre game on their hands. I really hope it's not the case.

Anyway, it's only one day until SH: Homecoming is released (in the U.S.) and only 1 review?! I'm starting to worry that Konami hit many major review publications with an NDA until street date because they got a mediocre game on their hands. I really hope it's not the case.

Well most games that are not hyped up, the online reviews (mainly IGN and Gamespot) won't be up until the day of retail release (Wed), or maybe today if we are lucky. You can count on IGN having it up Wednesday, but gamespot usually takes the whole week to put up a review.

Here is a review: https://gamesblog.ugo.com/index.php/gamesblog/more/silent_hill_homecoming_review_360_ps3_pc/ Gets an A :)

Here is another: https://gamecinemahd.com/article/2008/09/26/silent_hillhomecoming_review

Take them with a grain of salt.

Very few people will get this game today, very few. Like 1 out of 100

You beat me to it, and I plan on being that 1 darn it......ARGHHHHHHH!!! must play SH now......

(To hold me over for SH, I was playing force unleashed, and WOW - I love, love, love this game!!!!)

Well most games that are not hyped up, the online reviews (mainly IGN and Gamespot) won't be up until the day of retail release (Wed), or maybe today if we are lucky. You can count on IGN having it up Wednesday, but gamespot usually takes the whole week to put up a review.

Sorry, no, I won't believe that. I know how this works (I write on my friend's website of which we just recently began doing game reviews), major - and some minor - publications like IGN and Gamespot got their copies of the game a while ago (I know Kotaku has had a test copy of SH:H since last week at the latest). The reviews would be out by now for most games, hyped up or not. Lego Batman had 4-5 reviews up already on Metacritic a couple days before release.

The review links you posted were good reads, though valid opinions, those aren't from big publications (UGO perhaps).

In any case, I'll be able to judge for myself tomorrow.

Sorry, no, I won't believe that. I know how this works (I write on my friend's website of which we just recently began doing game reviews), major - and some minor - publications like IGN and Gamespot got their copies of the game a while ago (I know Kotaku has had a test copy of SH:H since last week at the latest). The reviews would be out by now for most games, hyped up or not. Lego Batman had 4-5 reviews up already on Metacritic a couple days before release.

The review links you posted were good reads, though valid opinions, those aren't from big publications (UGO perhaps).

In any case, I'll be able to judge for myself tomorrow.

ok........well my point is that strictly the big guns, IGN and Gamespot do not post the reviews until the week of the release of the game. Now it if is a game like BIA, SH, Dead Rising, Forza, etc. Games like those never get their review posted any earlier than a day before release at the most. Again this seems to be the case for IGN and Gamespot, but all these other "unknown" websites posts the review ahead of time.

It's not that cut and dry. Sure, a review of a big-brand game gets more hits if uploaded a week in advance, but the timing of reviews for smaller games isn't limited to just the day before or day of the game's release. It just bugs me that popular gaming sites like IGN and Gamespot hasn't gotten their SH:H reviews up yet. Actually, I couldn't care less about Gamespot's review, I haven't been back to that site since the Kane & Lynch fiasco.

Mega Man 9 review

Infinite Undiscovery Review (big RPG from Square-Enix)

Battlefield: Bad Company review

Kotaku just put up their review of SH:H. I'm relatively happy.

Kotaku is the review I was probably most curious about, aside from Gameinformer - I am happy with the comments made so far. All in all, sounds like a solid title...hit a couple of stores, hoping to find it today, but nada. Tomorrow for sure....

Yeah, I wish it were out today, but it's fitting that we'll get our hands on it tomorrow (the first day of October). I love October, it's full of horror films and games.

Yeah, I wish it were out today, but it's fitting that we'll get our hands on it tomorrow (the first day of October). I love October, it's full of horror films and games.

Hell yeah, I'm looking forward to Saw V and Dead Space--it's going to be a pretty good month.

I want to check out this game--probably PC though, there's just something about playing PC games.

IGN review is up: 6.7

https://xbox360.ign.com/articles/915/915002p1.html

So IGN criticizes the game basically because it's not scary enough. And this Jeff Haynes that has been reviewing a lot of games on IGN recently gives bad scores, seems like if one thing in a game displeases him it automatically fails.

I can see gamespot being more fair and giving it a better review.

Last edited:
just read the ign review nightcreeper posted, man it kinda sucks that they gave this game a low score, but they do have a point, limiting the characters abilities would have been a good move, instead youve got this badass rambo making short work of nurses and whatnot...despite what the review says, im looking forward to picking sh up. its been a while since i've played a sh game or a good survival horror game for that matter.

I read the IGN review, and it seemed fair, and certainly in line with the other reviews for the game (OXM 6.5, Gamepro 3 stars). 1up/EGM gave the game a "B" grade, which converted to it's 10.0 scale is actually a 7.5.

I don't know why you would think GS would be more fair, Nightcreeper (not with the GS's recent history) -- maybe Gamespot will give the game a better score because Konami and Double Helix games are paying them extra for ad space?

I'm not defending Jeff Haynes' review, but it's not like he gave it a 5 or under. If a Silent Hill game isn't scary, it's not a true Silent Hill game. (seems like that's only one of SH:H's problems).

Dammit, I was hoping it'd turn out better so I could feel ok about dropping another $60 in such a full season for games...

I don't know why you would think GS would be more fair, Nightcreeper (not with the GS's recent history) -- maybe Gamespot will give the game a better score because Konami and Double Helix games are paying them extra for ad space?

Well my personal opinion, I use to like IGN because I thought they were very fair in reviewing video games, and I disliked Gamespot because I believe they were very biased and unfair and were Sony lovers.

But recently I believe that things have changed, IGN now seems to be a bit less fair and sometimes downright insulting (and some games do deserve it), and Gamespot has seemed to become much more fair at reviewing games and their reviews seem to go along with the majority opinion.

Dammit, I was hoping it'd turn out better so I could feel ok about dropping another $60 in such a full season for games...

And yeah I agree about that, would have been nice to see a higher review from IGN.....but I am still getting the game, I love SH.

Reviews are fine and all, but I never base my decisions on other person's opinions.....

I am pumped for this game to be out...and will judge it for myself.

i like to form my own opinion as well, but only place I somewhat pay attention to is gametrailers, but they have yet to review the game as of yet.

Got the game, I got about 2 hours in...I am currently still searching around Shepard's Glen. I actually am digging the game so far, Gameplay is solid and the story so far is intriguing.

Back