Silent Hill: Homecoming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played about an hour or so of it. I love the transition effect from the real world to the otherworld/darkworld. It's one of the few things I thought the movie got right, and it works well for the game.

I watched IGN's video review and thought it was pretty lame. I don't even own the game but come on. It is the same guy and his whiney nerd ass voice that bashes everything day in and day out. If I can figure out a way to afford it I will have to pick this up.

I played this for three hours, and all-in-all, its a Silent Hill game. The 'shepard's glen' level was a bit overly drab for my tastes, but god darn, those monsters are pretty awesome.

There is some heavy movie (visual) inspiration in this one, but the game play is taken from Silent Hill games all the way.

Your character still moves like a tank, but the camera is much, much improved...and way less annoying that past games.

I watched IGN's video review and thought it was pretty lame. I don't even own the game but come on. It is the same guy and his whiney nerd ass voice that bashes everything day in and day out. If I can figure out a way to afford it I will have to pick this up.

Glad to know someone agrees with me about that guy.

just played this game for an hour over my lunch break and man, am i glad i dont really care what the reviewers have to say. the game or what i've played so far is standard silent hill, its definately got the ambient sounds, atmosphere...the works.the character control is still a bit wonky but not frustartingly bad. like i said, i've only played it for like an hour maybe less but i'm pleased with the game so far. oh and having the main character be a badass really helps.

Glad to know someone agrees with me about that guy.

I didn't even watch the video review. I stopped watching those after hearing reviewer Hilary Goldsteins voice. He sounds like David Spade.

I got a chance to play or a few more hours last night, and while I don't care for some of the combat functions, the game is fun.

let me know how much credit they'll give you for it.
i might be able to take it off your hands...had a lot of fun with the demo.

Hmm they said $25.00. I might try to sell it on here for a little more. I hate those cheap ass bastards. :banghead

I am at the part where you just went into the Attic and found something. Maybe about 4 hours in I would guess. Great so far, as I said before the gameplay is solid, story is good. While the game is not a 10 out of 10, I cannot find anything bad about it. It is a solid game.

Hmm they said $25.00. I might try to sell it on here for a little more. I hate those cheap ass bastards. :banghead

tell me about it, i have a bunch of ps2 games i'm trying to get rid of but i'd rather sell them on ebay than go to ebgames or gamestop. prolly get like a buck for each game.

I am halfway thru Silent Hill and am playing on hard mode. I am in the sewers now, and am digging the general vibe of this very much. All in all, darn fine game.....Double Helix did a nice job with this one

I love Unleashed BTW - great game too!

Back