Sideshow's Pro 1.2 body?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The knees are tight. You just have to work them a bit to loosen them up a little.

I did. Seriously, I know how to bend an action figure's knee. This isn't rocket science. ;) Here's a photo of a knee that won't bend.

broken_knee_1.jpg

That's as far as it will bend. Any further and the calf comes off. I tried to work it gently, applied heat, even cold, tried to work just the peg without the calf. No luck. And I have three Pro bodies (on Biths) that have at least one knee that will not bend. Pathetic. Sideshow needs to replace those knees.

Sean

I think Sideshow saw your thread and now they hate you and are sending you bad bodies.

That sux. Nothing worse than sending in a bad product and getting a worse one as a replacement. Been there, its big kahkah.

I have to say I agree with SpaceCrawler in that the knees on the pros are terrrrrrrible....ratchet or rubber, they just don't do it for me. I had my joes packed away as I couldn't deal with the pro body until recently when I started to switch them over to TTs. Now they are some of my favorite figures. They hold their poses, feel heavy/sturdy-er...if that makes sense, have better proportions and also fill out clothing a lot better.

I just hope that either the Bludd pro is revised or that some crafty freak figures out a way to swap Bludd (i.e. his mechanical arm) onto a TT.

Again, just my experience and opinion in the matter.

That's a True Type Armor Body, not a Pro.

You make it sound like theyre made by HT - they are nothing like actual TTs.. they are utter trash compared, in proportions even if the joints are fine. TT Slims with the legs filed down work far far better than the armour body for stormtroopers etc. Anyway whether the armoured prometheus body is actually a TT is arbitrary, point is the bodies SSC figures are on are inferior, every single 1 of mine is now on a HT TT and theyre fantastic, absolutely great (and no, not a 'tt armoured body' lol)

The armour bodies say sideshow 2008 on the back, and are of totally different quality, material and design to other TTs. I heard HT collaborated (but to unknown extent) to design it however, is that what you mean?

edit: looking at king darkness's photos etc, the pro can look decent, but on the figures I own its always been responsible for bad problems, such as forearms too short, hips too wide, unnatural standing positions, bad balance etc, whereas a TT makes them look like little humans/rodians

Last edited:
It seems HT was pretty heavily involved in the design of the armored body... for a time they even had a HT logo on the Sideshow figures using the body. If you look at the overall design many parts (like the knees, etc.) are HT, just adapted to be a bit different.

However, the manufacture of them was done by Sideshow and is likely why there were so many QC issues on the early ones. The new ones are solid though, I can see wanting to upgrade, but I've been fine with them once the bodies were able to hold poses :lol

You make it sound like theyre made by HT - they are nothing like actual TTs.. they are utter trash compared, in proportions even if the joints are fine. TT Slims with the legs filed down work far far better than the armour body for stormtroopers etc. Anyway whether the armoured prometheus body is actually a TT is arbitrary, point is the bodies SSC figures are on are inferior, every single 1 of mine is now on a HT TT and theyre fantastic, absolutely great (and no, not a 'tt armoured body' lol)

The armour bodies say sideshow 2008 on the back, and are of totally different quality, material and design to other TTs. I heard HT collaborated (but to unknown extent) to design it however, is that what you mean?

edit: looking at king darkness's photos etc, the pro can look decent, but on the figures I own its always been responsible for bad problems, such as forearms too short, hips too wide, unnatural standing positions, bad balance etc, whereas a TT makes them look like little humans/rodians

Yea I bought a 1.1 for Jedi Luke awhile back and was not happy with it. Very loose leg and arm plus never looked natural to me.

I wish SSC could get away with copying HT's bodies nearly identically, ThreeA gets away with it somehow lol (and people pose some of those figures in 1 handed hand stands, crazy!)

I wish SSC could get away with copying HT's bodies nearly identically, ThreeA gets away with it somehow lol (and people pose some of those figures in 1 handed hand stands, crazy!)

3A uses Hot Toys' old factory. . . from when the TT's chest joint was ridiculously tight. . . back when TTs were orange, like Snooki.

I'm contemplating upgrade some of the bodies on my Sideshow stuff but how do you convert to Hot Toys bodies? The pins for the wrists/ankles are not even close to being the same size...

That or pick up the new Pro bodies?

Cut off the ends of the Sideshow wrist pegs and they will fit in TT forearms. Put the SSC shoes in hot water and HT ankle barbells will pop in the SSC feet

Back