Premium Format Sideshow's Hammer Horror - Dracula/Van Helsing - not for sale - just for fun!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ss:new dracula pf!!!

Sad.. I'd buy these in a fast minute.. as well as Lee Frank and Mummy... These are great...Bravo to the artisans at SSC! Great job guys! Thanks for posting these!

Re: Ss:new dracula pf!!!

I was at Monsterpalooza last night and this piece was again on display. I asked if there were any release plans and got a very kind "no" in response. I guess licensing with Hammer is tough.

But there was also a Van Helsing there last night... first time on display. (Sorry for the junky iPhone snaps)

IMG_2002_zpsa883a023.jpg

IMG_1999_zpsf655258b.jpg

IMG_2003_zpsaed2b1ac.jpg

IMG_2006_zpsa8f5e837.jpg

IMG_2005_zps64d31c7b.jpg

IMG_2004_zps4776cf77.jpg

Those are so awesome and horrible at the same time. Awesomely done, but horrible they won't (at least yet) be made. Hopefully they made them out of love for the property but can convince the licensor to sign on because of how beautiful these turned out. That's actually how they got the DC license. They made the Joker Pf before they had the license, but used it as an example of what they could do with the license. So I hope this is similar. I'm not a PF collector in general, but I would pick up both of these for sure!

In the mean time, I'd be happy with a 1:6 Dooku and Tarkin set :pray:

So I'm just floating this out there - how would you guys feel about a Kickstarter type funding for these types of pieces? Sideshow would show these as concept/pseudo-prototypes and you crowd fund it with a commitment to buy IF they are made. And Sideshow would only produce it if they got 1000-2000 commitments to buy. They don't currently have the Hammer license, but perhaps this would be a way that these more risky pieces could get produced.

What say you?

So I'm just floating this out there - how would you guys feel about a Kickstarter type funding for these types of pieces? Sideshow would show these as concept/pseudo-prototypes and you crowd fund it with a commitment to buy IF they are made. And Sideshow would only produce it if they got 1000-2000 commitments to buy. They don't currently have the Hammer license, but perhaps this would be a way that these more risky pieces could get produced.

What say you?

I think that's a great idea. It is a very realistic goal and the perfect usage of something like Kickstarter. How many PFs like these have Sideshow produced but not actually released? There could be a lot of potential with this sort of fan backing.

you push for a van helsing I'd jump kickstart witcha!

What say you?

I would buy these in a heart beat so if we can get Sideshow to make these than I'm all in! Both are amazing.

It is excruciating to see these gorgeous boys and know I will never be able to own them! :( Especially the Van Helsing, he is amazing!!

It is excruciating to see these gorgeous boys and know I will never be able to own them! :( Especially the Van Helsing, he is amazing!!

I know what you mean. A Hammer Horror Peter Cushing Van Helsing (and/or Doctor Frankenstein) and Christopher Lee Dracula have long been my absolute most wanted characters for Sideshow to make, going all the way back to when they were making the old Universal Monsters 8 inch figures way back in the day. So what's that? Fifteen years or so ago when I was collecting those. I even suggested they go down the Hammer path to various Sideshow people directly a couple of times back then, not that it made any difference, of course.

So all these many years later to see Sideshow finally doing Hammer era Cushing and Lee, and in 1/4 PF format no less, and to see them realized so damn well, only to know that I'll never be able to buy and own them for myself, well, it breaks my damn heart, it really does.

Ya know: Hammer flicks might prove a licensing nightmare....but how hard can it be to get Vincent Price PF done? It doesnt even have to be film specific. Yet If you wanted film specific: House on Haunted Hill is in the public domain. His daughter seems to be willing to work with anyone (which is obvious by Bluewater managing to retain a license to make funny books). So--yeah: WHERE'S VINCENT PRICE?

With the recent news of Christopher Lee's passing, it once again saddens me that these didn't see release, so that both Lee and Cushing could be immortalised in the collections of horror fans everywhere.

Back