Sideshow Collectibles Hammer Dracula & Van Helsing Premium Format Figures 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistermark

Super Freak
Reaction score
I won't post a link since it doesn't work yet but it's on the Sideshow coming soon page. If this is true, just when I thought I was out of collecting, they pull me back in. I hope it's Lugosi and not stylized and I hope they get their best sculptors working on this. Then hopefully we get The Monster and Bride and Wolfman. The Monster and Bride on a new duo base with todays sculpt technology would be awesome. This is great news if it's the classic Uni Monster. Thanks Sideshow for going back to your Monster roots regardless...

Last edited:
Hammer Horror Dracula - Christopher Lee

1200x630_ttannounce_300292_DraculaPF.jpg

no Bela

They announced the Hammer license last year so this isn’t a surprise, but hopefully this means we’ll be getting a reveal soon. They made custom PFs they showed odd years ago before they had the license. I would imagine they’d just tweak those. They looked good. Glad to see Van Helsing confirmed. Dracula was a given but Van Helsing wasn’t. They’re just a natural pair though. Hopefully they’ll have some kind of matching base that creates more of a diorama feel than two separate statues in different environments.

They actually look great IF the production piece looks like the proto. Hopefully this opens the horror gates for a Sideshow (accurate only) Myers PF and new Jason PF if possible. It's nice they're returning back to horror even though their Myers 1/6 is a complete mess right now. Hopefully it's getting reworked. These Hammer sculpts look good though

Call me crazy, but I actually think I like the Star Ace sculpt more (the rest is garbage). Something with the straight on shot of this one looks off to me. It's as if Dracula has somehow aged and is now fighting a very bad case of crow's feet.

These will be mine if they are even the slightest bit affordable. They have tweaked the clothing for Van Helsing from their showing of the prototypes in 2013. I always hated the Star Ace offerings. They didn't even tempt me. here's a couple shots from 2013 when they first started getting whispers. They need to get with Victoria Price and do a nice licensed Vincent Price as well. Nothing film specific, just a nice Vinney in period era clothes.

fftc10.jpg
736dac10.jpg

Call me crazy, but I actually think I like the Star Ace sculpt more (the rest is garbage). Something with the straight on shot of this one looks off to me. It's as if Dracula has somehow aged and is now fighting a very bad case of crow's feet.
Ok, you're crazy,lol. Seriously though....crow's feet? Nah. Lee was nearly 40 when he played Dracula for the first time in 1958. Check it...

Attachments

• 1.-Dracula-1.jpg
    1.-Dracula-1.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 67
Honestly, the only thing that prevents the Lee Dracula form being as screen accurate to Horror of Dracula 1958, as Van Helsing now is, is the red interior of the cape. In 1958, it was solid black. Just for the one picture, but the interior was a silken black.

Love these, will be getting both. Would also like to see Vincent Price and a new Elvira. Tweeterhead claimed they were doing a 1/4 of her a couple years back but I have a feeling they dropped that like they dropped Adams Family.

Man, these PFs take me back to the old days when all PFs were full mixed media with fabric clothing. Tailoring looks pretty great

I bought 90% of Sideshow's Universal 1/4. These two, Vincent Price, and anything Psycho I told myself I would buy if they ever produced them.

Attachments

• IMG_20210701_163845797.jpg
    IMG_20210701_163845797.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 105
I’m actually not sure how I feel about the red. I think I liked both better without it :lol

Looks like that is about all they changed though.

I’m actually not sure how I feel about the red. I think I liked both better without it :lol

Looks like that is about all they changed though.
On Lee, yes...aside from the cape lining, he has superior paint apps (after all, 8 years have passed and SSC has advanced thier technique in this arena a smidge), and a slightly less leaning stance. Van Helsing's attire was changed to match the flick. Which I love. I really hope they include both capes with Dracula. Black is probably how I would display it. If they don't though....it definitely isn't a deal breaker. He wore red in all the other flicks. I can always have AJ Clothiers make me an all black cape. Amy does fantastic work.

I’m hoping for some good change out parts with these. The all black cape and a bloodless mouth seem like good possibilities for Dracula. Not sure on Van Helsing. His pose wouldn’t work with that makeshift candlestick cross he made that one time. Maybe a head with a hat?

I’m hoping for some good change out parts with these. The all black cape and a bloodless mouth seem like good possibilities for Dracula. Not sure on Van Helsing. His pose wouldn’t work with that makeshift candlestick cross he made that one time. Maybe a head with a hat?
No, but he could come with an alternate portrait such as this....

Attachments

• peter cushing hammer films 3.jpg
    peter cushing hammer films 3.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 88
Yeah that would make for a good exclusive. I just hope they get some swap outs. I worry they just might be site exclusives and have no swap outs. Offering a bundle deal would be nice too. I’m curious how many would buy just one over the other rather than the pair.

Yeah that would make for a good exclusive. I just hope they get some swap outs. I worry they just might be site exclusives and have no swap outs. Offering a bundle deal would be nice too. I’m curious how many would buy just one over the other rather than the pair.
On another forum I visit, someone is complaining they don't look right. There's a heckler in every crowd, I guess. I was impressed with them 8 years ago when I first saw them, and they look even better now. Some people can't seem to allow themselves to be happy with anything, ever, I guess.

Back