Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use an ad blocker - they ALL disappear :naughty

Then become a CF supporter - https://www.collectorfreaks.com/account/upgrades - so you help out the forum :family (this on its own stops all the ads).

I'll have to ask my friend that's more tech savvy than me regarding the ad blocker - and to see if I have enough memory to download one. I'd love to support the forum. It'd also be cool to create a private group via FB/Messenger, so we could chat in real-time. Then again, that would involve ppl having to create an account on there; and I'm not sure if you can just put in bogus info ('cause I'm not giving out my number, real name, etc.) like you could back when I created one.

Did a quick search to see if I could find my old (13+ years ago) custom Stranger figure from High Plains Drifter...and pretty amazed it was right up the top. Keep in mind, I know this isn't very good lol, but for 2010 and being very limited, it was "okay." I was proud of learning how to make 1/6 hats.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231215_141654_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_141654_Chrome.jpg
    641.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231215_141717_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_141717_Chrome.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231215_141729_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_141729_Chrome.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231215_141754_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_141754_Chrome.jpg
    576.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231215_141744_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_141744_Chrome.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231215_141734_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_141734_Chrome.jpg
    609.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231215_141750_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_141750_Chrome.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 0
So there could be three of us?
Almost. I mean if I'm only using Facebook for Messenger; and only have an Instagram so I'm able to look at stuff to possibly purchase...that kinda makes me a dinosaur too. I don't see how these ppl do it: Like they have families, they're full-time YouTubers with full-time jobs, *and* they're constantly posting on social media. It's nice to dabble in technology a little bit, but I'm not going full cyborg. There's been many times I've been without my little pocket computer, and I got on juuust fine.

Well I was right there with you guys just a few years ago, until I needed to download Messenger to communicate with someone. I originally had no idea it was Facebook owned lol. So yeah, I don't do any Twittering/X'ing, Discord (still not exactly sure what that is), etc. The only other thing I have is Instagram, and I had to create an account simply to browse custom action figure stuff ppl were selling off there. I didn't even have a mobile phone until 2007, then took many years until I had text. My former wife ended up paying for that feature, back when it wasn't included with the plan. It's refreshing to meet folks that are also 'behind the times' to some degree.
Oh, I'm not behind the times, I just refuse to contribute to the downfall of society :angryfist:

I was blown away when I saw the William Munny figure; so didn't get any of the hate I kept reading on here with post after post. So then doing a side-by-side, I can see what you fellas mean. It's still amazing (for Sideshow), and obviously hope it will look better in-hand. Doubt they'll be any tweaking unfortunately. And yeah, what the hell is up with the pricing going up and up?? Sideshow continuously pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable - for the cost of a Hot Toys diecast Iron Man figure, not a regular one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231215_153614_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_153614_Chrome.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231215_153525_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215_153525_Google.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 0
I'll have to ask my friend that's more tech savvy than me regarding the ad blocker - and to see if I have enough memory to download one. I'd love to support the forum. It'd also be cool to create a private group via FB/Messenger, so we could chat in real-time. Then again, that would involve ppl having to create an account on there; and I'm not sure if you can just put in bogus info ('cause I'm not giving out my number, real name, etc.) like you could back when I created one.

In case I've confused you . . . if you become a COLLECTOR FREAKS supporter (per my link), THAT (without the need for an ad blocker) will stop the ads - PERIOD.

It's only $29.99 USD for a years membership . . . that works out at a ridiculously low $2.50 USD per month!

In case I've confused you . . . if you become a COLLECTOR FREAKS supporter (per my link), THAT (without the need for an ad blocker) will stop the ads - PERIOD.

It's only $29.99 USD for a years membership . . . that works out at a ridiculously low $2.50 USD per month!

You didn't confuse me. I was just pointing out I find it a lot easier when it's a streamlined private chat in real time. Wasn't meaning to come across like I'm trying to change anyone's ways.

Last edited:
(* cough *) (* cough*) . . . FOUR of us my dear chaps - FOUR of us :)

...it's become a dick measuring contest with everyone boasting about not being a part of (non-forum) collector groups 😂. Tried to contribute something else to the chat with showing off my old crappy custom Drifter figure; then doing a little editing to show the Munny figure next to the actual character, but that didn't work lol. I left the site for a long time, but now that I'm back, I think I'm doing it wrong again 😬.

- Yes, yes you are. We're not joining a Messenger cult...so where's that donation you freeloader?!

I'm working on it guys, I promise!

Last edited:

Maybe one day all shall become members either upon joining or following say a six month trial period.

I was blown away when I saw the William Munny figure; so didn't get any of the hate I kept reading on here with post after post. So then doing a side-by-side, I can see what you fellas mean. It's still amazing (for Sideshow), and obviously hope it will look better in-hand. Doubt they'll be any tweaking unfortunately. And yeah, what the hell is up with the pricing going up and up?? Sideshow continuously pushing the boundaries of what's acceptable - for the cost of a Hot Toys diecast Iron Man figure, not a regular one.
For me the sculpt on the right nails it.

Yeah those pics right there kinda illustrate the problem for me. Sideshow frequently gets criticism that describes their sculpts as more of a 'caricature' than a real accurate likeness.

If there's any sculpt where that's true it's definitely the munny sculpt :confused: Unfortunate since I really enjoy the film and wouldn't mind having him in the collection.

Yeah those pics right there kinda illustrate the problem for me. Sideshow frequently gets criticism that describes their sculpts as more of a 'caricature' than a real accurate likeness.

If there's any sculpt where that's true it's definitely the munny sculpt :confused: Unfortunate since I really enjoy the film and wouldn't mind having him in the collection.
Even in one of the recent Sideshow videos pertaining to the Eastwood collection, a guy mentions the sculpts are 10% caricature, and 90% realism. With the context of what they're talking about, I get what they mean, but they're taking more liberties than 10%. To capture the essence of a particular Clint character, no liberties need to be taken if you're a skilled enough artist. You need sharper and not smoother features; like a more defined nose, more crows feet, and other wrinkles. Not to mention the brim is too small. And I think I would've preferred that iconic side mouth gritted teeth expression. Or how about two heads with every figure; especially since we're paying almost $300 a piece before shipping & taxes. And other doodads would be nice, like a bag of coins with Blondie, or a stick of dynamite for Josey. At least we're getting some alcohol with William.

*You know I'm still waiting on the Redman Toys William figure from EKIA Hobby. I pre-ordered that thing I don't even know how many years ago, and they charged me up front. I've contacted them via email and phone calls many times, and they continue to tell me it's "in production."

I watched Pale Rider last night, and I just realized the friend of Preacher that took them in is the dad (named Harry Potter lol) from Troll. I remember rewatching that movie as an adult and thinking that guy reminded me so much of Bill Burr. Pale Rider is definitely a pale substitute for High Plains Drifter. I just can't help not comparing them - but that is kinda the point. Would've been nice to get a nice piece of hickory accessory so he could do some head bashin'.

I'd be fine with a caricature if it actually looked more like him (as the caricature on the PF does). But I just don't see much of Clint in this sculpt at all.
The only bright side is it looks better than the Redman Toys version...that *will never* come out. Not that I would need it now. I wonder how many others had their money stolen with prepaying for that "pre-order." And what was the deal with that particular release?? It's not like I ever had any issues with all the other figures I got from them prior.

Back