Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Blondie arrived early. The small outer shipping box was beat up, the figure box inside was lightly damaged as a consiquence. Odd as this doesn't ussually happen to my Sideshow boxes. I think the shipping people might intentionally throw these around when they see the box printed with Sideshow/Hot Toys on the outside shipping box. I wish collectible companies would stop that.
I've noticed this more and more with figures coming directly from Sideshow. My Captain Rex box looked like it had been kept out in the rain (we didn't have any rain locally at the time) as well as having a giant hole put through the back that made it's way all the way to the artbox and of course Sideshow doesn't replace artboxes anymore. And my recent order that got dilevered late last week had a hole in the shipper and a couple of the edges were torn, but thankfully the artbox was still in good shape.

I've had more time last night getting the figure into poses and putting on the poncho. Trying to get the poncho rolled up and hang just right is a hassle. I found pinching the extra material under the arms in the back and at his side helps, I just don't want to wrinkle/crease it too much for too long. Overall, I freaking love this figure!
One thing I would've liked to have been included is a second poncho that's sewn into a already rolled up and folded down shape for a hassle free look.

Sideshow TGTBTU Blondie Clint Eastwood 002.jpg

I've noticed this more and more with figures coming directly from Sideshow. My Captain Rex box looked like it had been kept out in the rain (we didn't have any rain locally at the time) as well as having a giant hole put through the back that made it's way all the way to the artbox and of course Sideshow doesn't replace artboxes anymore. And my recent order that got dilevered late last week had a hole in the shipper and a couple of the edges were torn, but thankfully the artbox was still in good shape.
It's just unacceptable at these prices. If they want to sell them at what they do, they should give us a packout on everything and not charge us more.. you know, the way Sideshow used to do it back in the day. I didn't think they would send me a replacement box, I did think about contacting them about the snap missing a thread on his shirt causing it to hang open and oblivious (You see it in my first image a couple posts up) but I think Sideshow's customer care has gone to pot and they won't be much help. I'm going to have to try and fix it myself, once I figure out a thread color and size that matches what's used on his shirt, at least it's covered by the poncho easily.

Could that be any better? Why is it the best releases (including EXO-06's latest stuff) is characters I'm not interested in buying :slap - you have to smile :)

REALLY pleased (for everyone that wanted this) that it has turned out so well - well-done Sideshow (for a change :lol ).

Definitely an improvement over Blondie. Sadly for me, Blondie is my favorite character. This could of used the clerical collar. Could also be an easy mod. SS won't change course, but a hatless sculpt would be great too.

Is it possible to get the Preacher from any Hong Kong or Asian retailer? Sideshow to the UK is just too expensive with £80+ shipping and import fees on top of an already expensive figure.

Is it possible to get the Preacher from any Hong Kong or Asian retailer? Sideshow to the UK is just too expensive with £80+ shipping and import fees on top of an already expensive figure.
I just ordered from Popcultcha this morning for around £200 including shipping to the U.K. Even factoring in import fees it’s the best deal I’ve seen lately.

It makes no sense to me as the why they choose to do a stylized/caricature version. They have the skill to produce an accurate portrayal of the character, why choose to do otherwise? Makes no sense to me. Can you imagine watching a movie, seeing a character that you really identify with and wanting to have that character, but hoping it looks little different that what you see on the screen, what?
Isn’t that because they try to “justify” what they did? If in the future people did not like the head, they are already told you that it was a stylized head. And they can’t always hire a freelancer like Yixie, they have their own inhouse sculptor, and not all of them have the same skill.
Just my opinion though

That’s how I took it. In one of those videos SS said something along the lines of people remember these characters a little differently from one to the next and I really didn’t get what they were saying. I’ve seen GBU a number of times over the years and know what Clint looks like in that movie and that’s what I was hoping for especially seeing what was possible with the Preacher. It looks amazing. If Pale Rider was my go to Eastwood film, I’d be set. Anyways, I went on the waitlist for Blondie that converted in March and they charged me the full amount but I guess I’m still waiting for the next batch. I don’t remember ever getting charged from them for something that hasn’t shipped within a week so this is unusual from my experiences.

I don’t understand the “stylized” remarks. DAM does some stylized figures. These are not stylized. That is just the way Eastwoods face is.
Not the Blondie 1/6 figure or the PF. The likeness is terribly lacking compared to say Preacher or even Dirty Harry. Sideshow even said themselves that they went for 10% caricature. So yes, Sideshow purposely stylized the sculpt(s).

Last edited:
That’s what bothers me. They have the ability to make the sculpt really close to accurate, but they choose not too! Why?

Back