Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks pretty solid, especially for a sideshow and the figure being photographed under "normal" lighting conditions.

I am happy to have one on the way. :)

-James

The sculpt looks great so I can overlook other nitpick. Tempted to order if it comes back in stock.

It’s the price to quality comparison that kills this one for me.

Tailoring on it is not good, especially when you see what a $160 Toys Era Mask suit and shirt look like. The hair to me is way too big and cartoon like in the pics I’ve seen and the proportions look off as well. Maybe more pics will change my mind.

I appreciate that they're making these, and hope they improve as the releases continue. With that being said, you're paying for the licensing "bragging rights" of having secured Eastwood's approval.

As for Harry, I think there are little details that are throwing it off. For instance, the suede elbow patches on his sportcoat should be black, not brown. At least they appear brown based on whats been seen so far of the production piece. I would definitely pick up some pieces from this set loose however. Hopefully sales go well enough to continue the line.

It’s the price to quality comparison that kills this one for me.

Tailoring on it is not good, especially when you see what a $160 Toys Era Mask suit and shirt look like. The hair to me is way too big and cartoon like in the pics I’ve seen and the proportions look off as well. Maybe more pics will change my mind.
Kills that for me anytime I consider getting an SS figure. I try to stand behind them since it's where my 1/6 collecting began (don't really count the DC Direct figures), but at this point I'm considering to just sell off my entire 1/6 Sideshow collection.
I appreciate that they're making these, and hope they improve as the releases continue. With that being said, you're paying for the licensing "bragging rights" of having secured Eastwood's approval.
:goodpost:

I mean they made sure to say that right when the video started -- "we are the first company to officially have Clint Eastwood's likeness" (paraphrased of course).

Received my figure today and here are some quick hit pros and cons. More cons than pros from me. Price point really makes this release a tough pill to swallow. This “Punk” didn’t come away feeling too lucky.

Cons
- sculpt does looks stylized/cartoonish
- paint blows; for a guy who had the stereotypical 1960s SoCal/Hollywood overly tanned skin, he looks like he suffers from argyria
- sweater vest is way too long
- shoes way too damn shiny
- ****** blank stand is ******
- lack of accessories; sunglasses and a hot dog would have been nice additions.

Pros
- it’s a licensed Dirty Harry figure
- tailoring is well done
- body has nice tight joints.
- .44 magnum and badge are nice

Attachments

• B3E64B3A-A544-4C57-A73A-025005F23F4F.jpeg
    B3E64B3A-A544-4C57-A73A-025005F23F4F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 6D7238F7-897A-4B0A-9E0E-8E840D782854.jpeg
    6D7238F7-897A-4B0A-9E0E-8E840D782854.jpeg
    479.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Received my figure today and here are some quick hit pros and cons. More cons than pros from me. Price point really makes this release a tough pill to swallow. This “Punk” didn’t come away feeling too lucky.

Cons
- paint blows; for a guy who had the stereotypical 1960s SoCal/Hollywood overly tanned skin, he looks like he suffers from argyria

Pros
- tailoring is well done
Harsh but fair I would say. SS never fails to disappoint. :gah:
Looks a pretty average figure in all honesty.
Is the figure tall enough? Compared to other 1/6 figs.

Thanks for the good look, jimmie. The paint is atrocious and inexcusable. It makes the stylized sculpt look really cheap and weak. Tailoring better than expected (vest is long as you point out). The tight joints on the body are the luckiest part for you here.

I don't regret cancelling. Damn, I hope the Man With No Name fares better....

Thanks for the review jimmie. Sticking with my Redman Harry. Not perfect but I don’t see SS as a significant step up. Tailoring is good, likness is fine and he does come with sunglasses. Can‘t imagine posing him without them. Really a crime SS did not include this.

Cons

Pros
- tailoring is well done
Jesus christ that headsculpt looks like ****. It looks like it's based on an animated Dirty Harry tv show or something. Thanks for helping me make my mind up. People said the Asmus Ash Williams headsculpt looked stylized but it looked way better than this.

And the lack of accessories with Sideshow figures is a joke, I bought Ghostface, Leatherface and Freddy Krueger who were the same price as a hot toys figure and all come with barebones accessories. The black stands add insult to injury, they can print on a black stand in black font but printing a poster on the base or a name on the front is too much effort?

Last edited by a moderator:
The criticisms and observations from everyone are valid. Would very much like to see this head repainted because I believe underneath the shot paint, a non stylized sculpt lives. The paint doesn’t give it any life - in fact, it looks like death.

Attachments

• A7DCCA80-AF55-4E50-B10B-1AC9179216D4.jpeg
    A7DCCA80-AF55-4E50-B10B-1AC9179216D4.jpeg
    746.2 KB · Views: 0
The futuzing of the jacket looks better in the last pictures by Jimmie. I think the head could be improved with a better paint job but I’m still wondering if the tailoring is above par. The inside shirt collar from these last pictures still seems a bit big and not very tailored.

The futuzing of the jacket looks better in the last pictures by Jimmie. I think the head could be improved with a better paint job but I’m still wondering if the tailoring is above par. The inside shirt collar from these last pictures still seems a bit big and not very tailored.
It’s definitely an oversized collar and can be easily replaced through the aftermarket. The coat is nice albeit the outer material being very rigid. On the flip side, SSC did add a nice touch with the coat lining.

Attachments

• 207DC23B-62AA-4DB9-92A4-0BBFCD357518.jpeg
    207DC23B-62AA-4DB9-92A4-0BBFCD357518.jpeg
    607.3 KB · Views: 0
Back