Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some more pictures of Harry’s prototype. The hair was always pretty huge even then but the head definitely changed from prototype to production. Eastwood’s face was not as gaunt looking and had more facial fat. I think somehow the head has shrunk a bit during production width wise. At Prototype the head was actually pretty on point! The clothing looked as good as the $1,000 customs. Why SS 😞?

It’s what happens a lot of time with Sideshow stuff. Their prototypes can look pretty darn good and it gives you hope that maaaaaybe this time will be different and then nope, disappointed time and time again. This is why I didn’t PO The Man With No Name. Didn’t want to take the gamble on SS

Last edited:
It’s what happens a lot of time with Sideshow stuff. Their prototypes can look pretty darn good and it gives you hope that maaaaaybe this time will be different and then nope, disappointed time and time again. This is why I didn’t PO The Man With No Name. Didn’t want to take the gamble on SS

Well maybe …… things will be different with the next Eastwood.. won’t make this bet though 😁

The criticisms and observations from everyone are valid. Would very much like to see this head repainted because I believe underneath the shot paint, a non stylized sculpt lives. The paint doesn’t give it any life - in fact, it looks like death.
Thank you for properly showing the "gray-like" face. I was unable to capture that with my shots. My wife saw it from a few feet away, and said "Why is his face so dark?" The funny thing is, she had never seen the original film, so we had watched it the night before, so even with her limited exposure to the character, she thought it looked VERY off.

Last edited:
Sculpt is VERY stylized and cartoonish. Instant no buy for me on just that. And the price? LOL

I thought the video makes it look a LOT better :dunno (thanks for the share!)

Still not worth the total cost - but not as bad as some of the photos suggested.

Maybe the reason for the delay in Sideshow getting the video out was it took them a month to get the lighting right? :p

There are so many missed opportunities with this figure. With some futzing I think you could get a decent pose out of it. As been mentioned before this needs the glasses and the hot dog. I know most don't like stands, but man this being the "Legacy Collection" that stand could have had his signature up on top and not on the bottom. Although Harry is an iconic character he's not at the top of my list. I might have bitten, even at the current price, but it's SS. If he goes to discount I might pick him up. I hate saying that because I really want this line to succeed. Why does SS have to **** **** up?

The whole figure looks quite nice in that video. Is it really just down to futzing?
Overall, I think it's a nice figure. You do know who it is suppose to be. Aside from the price my biggest issue is that it's too close to being a Dam Toys Gangsters Kingdom figure. I want a "realistic" figure. Based on everything I've seen and read that's what it's suppose to be. It is not. It is stylized. I think futzing can get it to look fairly good, but you can't futz that head sculpt or paint.

I think it looks great in that video.
Sure, the hair could be more finely detailed, paint apps can always be better, and futzing is a must with any figure, but if I were a fan of Dirty Harry, I'd get this figure.

If I didn't own the SPettersen version already, I would more than likely pick this one up. It's overpriced by about a hundred bucks in my opinion, but that's the premium you're paying for a licensed piece.

There are so many missed opportunities with this figure. With some futzing I think you could get a decent pose out of it. As been mentioned before this needs the glasses and the hot dog. I know most don't like stands, but man this being the "Legacy Collection" that stand could have had his signature up on top and not on the bottom. Although Harry is an iconic character he's not at the top of my list. I might have bitten, even at the current price, but it's SS. If he goes to discount I might pick him up. I hate saying that because I really want this line to succeed. Why does SS have to **** **** up?
Yeah SS seem to make some real glaringly obvious mistakes. Decent base, sunglasses, head and neck as one piece. Its not rocket science, sheesh. :gah:

Yeah SS seem to make some real glaringly obvious mistakes. Decent base, sunglasses, head and neck as one piece. Its not rocket science, sheesh. :gah:
I guess I can't be too disappointed. It does look like the proto. It's my least favorite of the 3 solicited so far. I don't completely dislike Blondie or the Preacher protos. There are things I wish were different/better. If they can get them to look like the protos then I'll be content. As much as we rag on SS I think they do try, but sadly they aren't very good.

We already know it was not good but the ss video shows how "goofy" the figure can look with the collar and gap between neck and collar / head. It's not a good figure, especially for the price, be honest guys.

I recall reading similar negative comments made about The Dude figure before anyone had it in hand. But when I got the figure I found it gave me a lot of pleasure. Well, as much pleasure as is seemly for one dude to give to another dude. :LOL:

It’s a nice figure. It’s certainly way better than that popular custom on here with the really cartoony headsculpt. That looks awful.

Back