Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although, I think its fair game when there's no time announced, and people like myself sat around for a few hours waiting for the pre orders to open up, I do agree that waitlists should be given to first come, first serve people that buy the reg editions.

Well I'm on the waitlist and have also went ahead and pre ordered the regular, so regardless if it converts or not, I'm gettin a awesome Thanos statue.

Although, I think its fair game when there's no time announced, and people like myself sat around for a few hours waiting for the pre orders to open up, I do agree that waitlists should be given to first come, first serve people that buy the reg editions.

That makes sense to me. If you actually ordered and paid your NRD, you should be given top priority, that should be how it's done. Unfortunately it's not, SS should look into that.

Not everyone has a job where they can just sit around playing on the computer all day constantly checking every 5 minutes so your statement doesn't work for a lot of people.

I don't have a job like that either but I made it work because I wanted one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why even have a wait list then? That's not how SSC does business. When the EX sells out, they WANT to push the REGs. REGs usually number in the thousands so it's better for SSC to make the REG orders stick. By converting someone on the WL SSC sells 2 pieces and is not stuck with trying to move a REG which is more difficult to sell than an EX (usually due to the much higher ES of a REG). SSC isn't going to change a thing as far as the WL is concerned. It's a business strategy that works very well for their bottom line.

That makes sense to me. If you actually ordered and paid your NRD, you should be given top priority, that should be how it's done. Unfortunately it's not, SS should look into that.

I don't follow this logic. The person that put themselves on the wait list for the EX was there first.

The NRD paid on the regular doesn't buy you a skip to the front of the EX cue. It's 2 different items feeding from 2 different edition runs.

When people miss out they really start reaching...

It will still be limited to how many people own this piece in the world so who cares 7 billion people in the world millions of Thanos fans and some hard core ones, some that don't even know that sideshow exist and might not until years from now just to see an amazing Thanos piece was released years ago and sold out lol. Even if it were 2,000 regular think about that only 2,000 out of 7 billion have that statue! I'm happy with the regular edition now would I have preferred the Ex of course but hey you win some and lose some I go through this type of pain with everything from comic variants to shoe releases it's part of the game you win or lose, at least in this particular case I can still get a statue just with an add on missing if it were shoes and they sold out then I get nothing. Plus we have the luck that there is other skilled artist out there willing to do extra pieces like heads and nobody will say hey that head isn't original to that statue but back to the shoes there is no person who could replicate the exact shoe I want and not have someone tell me I have a knock off lol. So I say congratulations to both parties the EX and the regulars we own something that a very small amount of people in this world will own. Be thankful we can even afford this hobby that means most of use are blessed with good jobs and have that type of income to spend it on things like this. Proud regular edition owner and print owner :)

It will still be limited to how many people own this piece in the world so who cares 7 billion people in the world millions of Thanos fans and some hard core ones, some that don't even know that sideshow exist and might not until years from now just to see an amazing Thanos piece was released years ago and sold out lol. Even if it were 2,000 regular think about that only 2,000 out of 7 billion have that statue! I'm happy with the regular edition now would I have preferred the Ex of course but hey you win some and lose some I go through this type of pain with everything from comic variants to shoe releases it's part of the game you win or lose, at least in this particular case I can still get a statue just with an add on missing if it were shoes and they sold out then I get nothing. Plus we have the luck that there is other skilled artist out there willing to do extra pieces like heads and nobody will say hey that head isn't original to that statue but back to the shoes there is no person who could replicate the exact shoe I want and not have someone tell me I have a knock off lol. So I say congratulations to both parties the EX and the regulars we own something that a very small amount of people in this world will own. Be thankful we can even afford this hobby that means most of use are blessed with good jobs and have that type of income to spend it on things like this. Proud regular edition owner and print owner :)

Good post!

I don't follow this logic. The person that put themselves on the wait list for the EX was there first.

The NRD paid on the regular doesn't buy you a skip to the front of the EX cue. It's 2 different items feeding from 2 different edition runs.

When people miss out they really start reaching...

I can admit when I've been educated, this too makes sense. Doesn't hurt to brainstorm, I'm sure this is how SS got to where they are. Personally I'm happy to be able to have a Thanos on order.

on point dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the system SS has for its wait lists -- agree or disagree with it -- works for their bottom line. They could have done better with selecting the Ex on this one though.

EX is grinning head. **** isn't fair, ya missed it you move on. Everyone had the same info, some people who really wanted it waited for it to go live, you don't have a job that allows you that time? Ask someone, if not I don't see why SS has to accommodate for everyone's work schedule.

Too damn bad.

Yeah, I think I went through all the stages of grief on this piece! A couple of posts back of mine, you can witness shock and denial. But, at the end of the day this is a luxury. And the beauty of the hobby is you win some....you lose some. I got the Prime 1 Frank Miller Batman EX. So I'll deal with a spectacular Reg Thanos. I just hope its a relatively low ES so it can hold its value. 1200 is redonk.

Thanos is usually depicted as being cocky and grinning. The Reg head IMO should have been the exclusive as that's not how I generally picture Thanos. His overconfidence is his weakness to borrow a line about another space dude on a throne. So for me, its Exclusive or nothing at all. I was planning on dropping $900 in reward points on this but missed it by seconds. I'll still go for him if my wait list comes up by some miracle, but I'd rather not have the statue than have him without the grinning head.

No..EX is better

No. The is better. ;) Who am I to argue about this character ? I really don't know him that well. As someone who does not follow the character he looks like he wants me to come over so he can tickle me.... granted in the most evil way possible. It's why I like the reg head as it is more menacing. But I know the Character well enough to know that he smiles a lot. So I can see why it would be a must. I just don't think this is ex or fail for those that missed out on the Ex...... unless you are concerned with value..... then it is ex or fail.

Here's a tip. Some of you may have caught my direct pre-order link for the exclusive the night before. It was ready to go but password protected. I posted it again about an hour before it went live. Although at noon PT the entire Sideshow website had everything redirected to point to the pre-order page. Nothing new here. We've seen this before.

However, it's pretty easy to predict these URLs. Here's what to look for. The blog showing the exclusive pics has the SKU in the URL. Also, they normally add a "1" at the end to distinguish it as the exclusive.

Just find the item name. Here it's "thanos-on-throne". Put "/collectibles/marvel-" in front and "-collectibles-" plus SKU number at the end.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-thanos-on-throne-sideshow-collectibles-3004341/

It's not a big secret but gets you there that extra faster.

I hope this helps you guys get to the direct ordering page faster next time. Of course when there's so much traffic hitting the site and the database not responding then there's not much you can do but wait until you get a valid response.

I remember a few years back ordering the Grey Hulk PF or Patient Zero EX PF. I wrote a simple script to check URL's every X amount of time. Once the link was active my script would email my pager. haha, good times. :)

Well done. I was thinking of the same thing regarding a script. Thank you for sharing.
Here's a tip. Some of you may have caught my direct pre-order link for the exclusive the night before. It was ready to go but password protected. I posted it again about an hour before it went live. Although at noon PT the entire Sideshow website had everything redirected to point to the pre-order page. Nothing new here. We've seen this before.

However, it's pretty easy to predict these URLs. Here's what to look for. The blog showing the exclusive pics has the SKU in the URL. Also, they normally add a "1" at the end to distinguish it as the exclusive.

Just find the item name. Here it's "thanos-on-throne". Put "/collectibles/marvel-" in front and "-collectibles-" plus SKU number at the end.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-thanos-on-throne-sideshow-collectibles-3004341/

It's not a big secret but gets you there that extra faster.

I hope this helps you guys get to the direct ordering page faster next time. Of course when there's so much traffic hitting the site and the database not responding then there's not much you can do but wait until you get a valid response.

I remember a few years back ordering the Grey Hulk PF or Patient Zero EX PF. I wrote a simple script to check URL's every X amount of time. Once the link was active my script would email my pager. haha, good times. :)

Back