1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm wondering if they're going to make the other troops like TIE Fighter pilot and AT-AT Driver as well, like to keep them all consistent, but that might be too much overload of troopers. Started down a dark path after getting the HT and RO stormtroopers and deathtroopers...

I still love mine and think it will hold up next to other HT figures. I don’t mind/don’t notice any discrepancies in the helmet so I’m not bothered by any of those things for this particular figure.

Of course, that’s not to say that if/when a HT version comes out, the HT will look markedly better when comparing side by side.

But on its own, I think it looks great.

I still love mine and think it will hold up next to other HT figures. I don’t mind/don’t notice any discrepancies in the helmet so I’m not bothered by any of those things for this particular figure.

Of course, that’s not to say that if/when a HT version comes out, the HT will look markedly better when comparing side by side.

But on its own, I think it looks great.

OT SW armor is notorious for looking off from one trooper to another so it should work.
But if the HT Scout helmet does look more accurate, I might pick up a parted out HT Scout head to replace my SSC version. That I think will be enough to have them look fine side by side if they do look odd together. I looked at the Tomy Scout helmet and people want ridiculous money for one so I'll wait and see what the HT version looks like whenever that gets made.

OT SW armor is notorious for looking off from one trooper to another so it should work.
But if the HT Scout helmet does look more accurate, I might pick up a parted out HT Scout head to replace my SSC version. That I think will be enough to have them look fine side by side if they do look odd together. I looked at the Tomy Scout helmet and people want ridiculous money for one so I'll wait and see what the HT version looks like whenever that gets made.

The helmet never bothered me too much but what does is the waist band with pouches. I hope HT does a ST soon, but I think they won't for at least another year sadly. I do think the sideshow trooper is much better than their snowtrooper one though.

I just can't subscribe to the "HT is always better" school of thought...Sideshow puts out good figures too. Not every HT is a knock out of the park either.

Sideshow's Scout Trooper looks pretty good to me...

I am curious to see HT's take on this one...but I'll still keep this one on display even if I go for the eventual HT release...

I'm definitely waiting for the Hot Toys version of this figure. It will be the last movie trooper that I need from Hot Toys. I already have the Hot Toys Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper, Death Trooper, and Shoretrooper. I have the Snowtrooper on pre-order. That being said, this figure looks great and I would have no problem buying this one if HT doesn't make a Scout Trooper.

Is that Scout Trooper on Speeder a premium format? Or is it the Sideshow 1/6 and everything else is smaller scale?

18622531_1835731719787076_1657631162435618542_n.jpg

Definitely the PF.

Only downfall of the SS scout is that super small pistol! Anyone try recasting it?

Definitely the PF.

Only downfall of the SS scout is that super small pistol! Anyone try recasting it?

I don't think anyone has recast it.
The Scout pistol is available from HT with the Battlfront Jumptrooper. It's larger than SSC's 1/6 Scout pistol and probably more accurate in scale, but the SSC Scout pistol has a better, crisper more realistic casting, though it lacks the lenses that the HT version has.
The larger HT Scout Pistol does not fit into the boot holster on the SSC Scout, but he can hold the HT pistol quite well.

This 50 dollar code is burning a hole in my pocket. Want to wait on potential HT Scout but who knows when that is coming. Can get this guy for good deal without shipping but complaints through the thread are holding me back. Was thinking he would look good next to the shoretrooper.

Where is the good deal with 50$ off , thank s

Many got a code for $50 off from SS. I don't want to let mine expire but don't really have a figure they are currently offering that I want. I have concerns with this figure but the $50 off plus free shipping are making it tempting.

Back