Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: sideshow snake eyes photo thread

I have. It didn't work. Doesn't Sideshow/UPS think people work? I mean how am I suppose to pay for these things and sign for them? UPS and I both work during the day! Maybe requiring a signature during the day is not the best idea! :banghead

Well, UPS offices allow pick-up until 7:30pm if you can find the location. All you gotta do is call them, verify the package then walk in, show some ID and pick him up. That's what I did Thursday night when I got home and saw that little tag on the door. Otherwise, the sig is a safety. Sure it's almost as inconvenient as a chastity belt, but hey, I understand the reasoning. Imagine how you'd feel if the package was dropped off and some ****** stole it. The only person responsible for replacing it would be you. :(

Switched him over to a TrueType...MUCH better look-wise and joint wise. I do agree that the Pro's joints were tighter but I still had a loose neck and slightly loose leg (at the hip).

You do not need to exchange the lower calves of the Pro over to the TrueType as that earlier method suggests. I prefer this method because you basically are not adding anything that can wear down like tape, etc. I actually used this on Indy so the Pro's feet are compatible with the TT.

-Remove the feet from your TrueType (but not the little double ball joints...keep those on).
-Using a hair-dryer or the freezing method...heat or freeze the Snake-Eyes' boots up. Then take a pair of pliers and pull the ball-joints out from the boots. It is VERY tough and might take several tries...I had to heat them up several minutes. You will most likely also damage those little pegs as well so do this only if you intend to keep him on a TT.
-Pop the boots onto the double ball-joint pegs, you should hear them *pop* on...they are compatible because Sideshow has some weird "cone" joint there.
-All done! Enjoy greater poseability as well since the TT joints are round!

Finally got mine today and all I can say is WOW....what an amazing figure and the accessories just blow me away......

nice pics, guys
got the exclusive today, however, can anyone snap a picture of his SOCOM holster please? Need to see how it looks like!
I have a sneaky suspicion that mine's missing!
:monkey2

Switched him over to a TrueType...MUCH better look-wise and joint wise. I do agree that the Pro's joints were tighter but I still had a loose neck and slightly loose leg (at the hip).

You do not need to exchange the lower calves of the Pro over to the TrueType as that earlier method suggests. I prefer this method because you basically are not adding anything that can wear down like tape, etc. I actually used this on Indy so the Pro's feet are compatible with the TT.

-Remove the feet from your TrueType (but not the little double ball joints...keep those on).
-Using a hair-dryer or the freezing method...heat or freeze the Snake-Eyes' boots up. Then take a pair of pliers and pull the ball-joints out from the boots. It is VERY tough and might take several tries...I had to heat them up several minutes. You will most likely also damage those little pegs as well so do this only if you intend to keep him on a TT.
-Pop the boots onto the double ball-joint pegs, you should hear them *pop* on...they are compatible because Sideshow has some weird "cone" joint there.
-All done! Enjoy greater poseability as well since the TT joints are round!

Isnt the TT as tall as a normal Buck or am I mistaken? I just put a pro body on my Luke and he is still the same size and he was on a short Buck.

Last edited:

got mine today. overall, pretty impressed. the packaging is gorgeous and i generally could care less about that aspect of a figure but it looks great. i have some minor gripes about the pro body. it seems a little skinny and it's a little loose and the left forearm keeps popping out of the elbow joint. overall all though i think he looks pretty good. tons of gear and i didn't have any issues with the pouches, clips, etc.

020-2.jpg

019.jpg

034-2.jpg

028-1.jpg

025-2.jpg

043.jpg

057-1.jpg

054-1.jpg

051-2.jpg

Last edited:

one thing i don't like about the figure is the trigger hand. it seems to be molded for a pistol which has an angled grip. it doesn't hold the uzi very well cuz the uzi has a straight grip. anybody else notice this or is it my imagination?

I am officially bowing out of collecting Sideshow G.I.Joe....as I opened my exclusive today and found myself more dissapointed than happy.

1.As feared, the joints are not that tight and the left leg is slighty loose
2.Missing the Fantasy Sword when I opened it (thanks alot Sideshow)
3.the Magazines do not fit or are practicully impossible to get in their homes (no I should not have to trim the mags just to get the dang things in)
4. Why cant he hold his Uzi straight???
5. Its definitely not worth $120

Initially looking at the piece, I thought very cool...but after futzing with him and missing an essential piece and the price.....2 thumbs down

I am officially bowing out of collecting Sideshow G.I.Joe....as I opened my exclusive today and found myself more dissapointed than happy.

1.As feared, the joints are not that tight and the left leg is slighty loose
2.Missing the Fantasy Sword when I opened it (thanks alot Sideshow)
3.the Magazines do not fit or are practicully impossible to get in their homes (no I should not have to trim the mags just to get the dang things in)
4. Why cant he hold his Uzi straight???
5. Its definitely not worth $120

Initially looking at the piece, I thought very cool...but after futzing with him and missing an essential piece and the price.....2 thumbs down
sorry to hear that. the figure looks great once you can get him all together but it does have it's faults. the mag pouches and the gun grip hand are my main concerns. my body is great.

That's like the third person missing something from their box... what gives?

thats really lame that people (myself included) are getting their Snake Eyes with missing pieces.Mine was missing the fantasy Sword (an important piece) and I didnt even notice till I opened the box.....it practiculy ruined the whole deal for me...you suck Sideshow!!

Why don't you call Sideshow? Their customer service will take care of you. They always do. They will send you a replacement. Just had to use them for my Stormtrooper and they sent me a replacement.

It does make you wonder sometimes how stuff gets through their QC. They must really inspect them with blindfolds on sometimes.

Back