Sideshow Snake Eyes Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: sideshow snake eyes photo thread

The Commando Snakes was always my favorite version of him. He was the first Joe I ever bought. I always thought the medieval looking visor was silly and didn't make any sense. I remember the day I first saw the 3 3/4" figures at Target back in '82 he was the first figure I bought because he looked the coolest. My friend and I would set them up on our desks at school and we would pose them on their stands. The girls in class used to make fun of us but we didn't care. And before the comic book came out I always thought he couldn't speak for some reason.

I got mine today and I absolutely love it. With good posing it's a home run IMO. The only problem I had with mine was that the material was glued on the neck in such a way that the front of the neck with the sculpted detail was set towards the right and couldn't be turned the proper way without undoing the glue...

You can't tell unless you feel around for it, but it just bothered me. Other than that, it was an amazing experience opening this guy up and posing him. Took me back to my early childhood, opening up a new GI Joe and setting all his gear up. :rock

here is a pic trying to emulate one of his proto pics:

comp1.jpg

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I remember thinking he'd be my dream figure if the production figure looked like he did in that one pic. That was the pic that tipped me off to the idea that he'd look even better without all of his gear. Thanks for posting that!

it was an amazing experience opening this guy up and posing him. Took me back to my early childhood, opening up a new GI Joe and setting all his gear up. :rock

Totally agreed! Thank you SSC! :flag :duff

still tempting... but I think I'll stick with cobra!!!!

nice pics cr0w! love all the primes!

this guy rules! why am i yelling! i haven't really played around with the swords all that much but i think the ninjato is my favorite of the two.

057-2.jpg

054-2.jpg

002.jpg

038-1.jpg

059.jpg

013-1.jpg

ps...even with the 'not super tight' body...this guy holds poses really well. i messed around for a while today and he held a decent number of stances without the stand.

Has anyone tried to put a black sweater on him, as we've seen with some of the "1982" Snake Eyes kitbashes?

I finally did and didn't really care for it. The sweater's too bulky on the Pro and the sleeves aren't long enough for the TT (wrists are exposed). I wound up pulling off the Lycra shirt, even the part where it was glued to the neck and putting it back on. Then I pulled it down to where the top of the turtleneck part is at the base of the head instead of where it was glued, underneath it. It fixed the weird neck issue and made the shirt 100 times better.

comp1.jpg

Awesome, awesome, awesome. I remember thinking he'd be my dream figure if the production figure looked like he did in that one pic. That was the pic that tipped me off to the idea that he'd look even better without all of his gear. Thanks for posting that!

He is on the true type on that pic :rolleyes:

I finally did and didn't really care for it. The sweater's too bulky on the Pro and the sleeves aren't long enough for the TT (wrists are exposed). I wound up pulling off the Lycra shirt, even the part where it was glued to the neck and putting it back on. Then I pulled it down to where the top of the turtleneck part is at the base of the head instead of where it was glued, underneath it. It fixed the weird neck issue and made the shirt 100 times better.

Post up your pics.

Ok thats it, thanks to all the pics, I just got on the WL.... if it converts great if it doesn't it wasn't meant to be! Plus I think SS needs somone to push around till Spirit gets made... AND SPIRIT MUST BE MADE SS!!!!!

he's such a damn good shot he doesn't need to see what he is shooting at. plus he couldn't remember which color smoke bomb was in which pouch, and red would be needed in this type of scenario.

Somebody's been taking Yoga. :p He must also be so damn good that he can reach that punch dagger on the outside of his left arm with his left hand. :lol I originally had it like that too as most of the gear is right-sided, but then realized that the Ex has the dagger in the left hand and switched the sheath to the right shoulder.

But rule #1 of a firefight. If engaged, never look away from your target when locating and pulling something out of your gear. Always find cover first. ;)

Back