Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought it in the preorder, I did not even read what materials it is made of. I am waiting for delivery and I am happy as a child, I do not have to worry if it will be pvc or resin
You will not be disappointed it is a great piece. I was in same boat, think it fits 1/6 scale well and looks fantastic

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I asked Sideshow about the broken instructions link on their web page, they would go and fix it.

I now see the instructions can be downloaded.

I haven't opened this yet but I have both boxes in my house. The boxes are really huge, both are considerably bigger than the Iron Studios Thanos single box for example. The boxes have some pretty bad dings, hopefully no damage.

So excited for you, sad to hear the boxes are damaged, here's hoping that the boxes did their job well.

Holy cow! This piece is freaking HUGE!!! It makes Jabba look like a 3 3/4in figure!
Insane!

Congrats to those getting this. Sadly, I have to pass on it.

Come on Turd, where's your review/photos? :wave

I know how (with respect) critical you are so I'm very curious to hear your thoughts.

Come on Turd, where's your review/photos? :wave

I know how (with respect) critical you are so I'm very curious to hear your thoughts.

I don't have him out of the box yet. The size of the boxes has honestly taken me by surprise. Maybe tonight and maybe tomorrow. This is so damn big that it requires me to move other stuff around and I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm getting anxious to get him out of there though.

I don't have him out of the box yet. The size of the boxes has honestly taken me by surprise. Maybe tonight and maybe tomorrow. This is so damn big that it requires me to move other stuff around and I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm getting anxious to get him out of there though.

Looking forward to your thoughts... and some shots, Turd :D

Thanks!

And by the sounds of it... good luck! :horror

(BTW: do you have rough box dimensions? I'm worried now they won't fit in my car)

Hope you can find a great place to set it up, looking forward to your findings.

I myself have a dedicated place ready for this beast for some time now. I'm ready for Rancor to come home.

Finally got him out of the box. Overall I'm pretty blown away by this, it's so cool! I can pretty much officially say that this is indeed made of some sort of fiberglass as stated in the product description. I know this because the hollow inside has loose/rough fibers in it consistent with fiberglass. I like the material they used to make it. It's really lightweight but feels less fragile than traditional polystone. In some places the walls are pretty thin though, l kinda wish it was just a bit more robust. The nuts and bolts method of putting it together is pretty damn slick.

I do have a couple nits but they are very minor ones. Overall the seam lines are hidden quite well but there is one relatively noticeable one going down one side of his turtle shell on his back. You can't really see it at eye level though, only from a specific top down angle. I wish his earing was real metal, seems it would have been easy enough to do. I am pretty happy with the paint but at a glance it seemed to me the claws and spikes blend in a bit too much and should have been a more bone-shaded color. But after watching the scene I think they did a nice job overall. The odd lighting and darkness of the scene makes determining a definitive color shade of his body pretty difficult. In the film he looks kinda slimy/sweaty and I'm glad they didn't try that glossy look.

In summary I am thrilled to own this monster, it might honestly be my favorite collectible I have! It's shockingly huge and can really function as the eye catching centerpiece of your collection. I have a number of large collectibles and this one probably wins out. The pose is absolutely perfect. The sculpt details are really nicely done! I'll stop here for now because this is getting too long but if you are a fan of ROTJ Jabba's Palace and have the space buy this immediately. It's limited to 600 and I can't imagine a Rancor this size ever being offered again.

I'll try to get a couple pics up tomorrow, but be warned that my photography skills are non-existent and I rely on my phone for pictures.

Thanks for this review! The nits you have seen totally fine regarding how awesome it is in general.

Looking forward to the photos, no matter how good they are, it all took a long time and I feel more excited with every picture posted. [emoji23]

Thanks for this review! The nits you have seen totally fine regarding how awesome it is in general.

Looking forward to the photos, no matter how good they are, it all took a long time and I feel more excited with every picture posted. [emoji23]

Objectively I would probably give this a 9/10 but factoring in fun and wow factor it's an easy 10/10. Some serious thought was put into making this thing. From the sculpt details to material chosen to the nuts and bolts method of putting him together. Bravo Sideshow! It goes without saying that combining this with a 1/6 Jabba setup or even just a ROTJ Luke is full of win!

Objectively I would probably give this a 9/10 but factoring in fun and wow factor it's an easy 10/10. Some serious thought was put into making this thing. From the sculpt details to material chosen to the nuts and bolts method of putting him together. Bravo Sideshow! It goes without saying that combining this with a 1/6 Jabba setup or even just a ROTJ Luke is full of win!
That sounds just great, and the material seems to be fiberglass based on your experience with these materials.

My Jabba and RotJ Luke are desperately waiting for this beast to arrive (oh and I am too).

Now I only need some more ideas on how to make a great rancor pit diorama to go with my total setup.

Anyone have some tips for me on that?

BOOM!!!!!!

Can't ****ing wait!!!!!

I have this thing on a payment plan. It looks massive. I cannot wait to get it. I wish I had some 1/6 Gamorreans, Malakili, and Amanaman to go with it.

It is massive. It's a collection cornerstone piece. It's going to be very sought after when it sells out, and the edition size is a very low 600. The price will likely be insane in a couple years. From a resell standpoint I think this will be about as good as it gets. But it's not the easiest flip in the world. It ships in two massive boxes and Sideshow is already limiting this to one per account.

I had mine on a payment plan, and just done my final payment. I'm dreading the shipping and import fees, but this is a must have in my collection.

I had it on preorder but canceled. Just not screen accurate enough for the price. Gentle Giant was much closer. Plus this isn't a true 1/6 more like 1/7 or 1/8

Back