Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the photos gents!

Personally, I haven't been this excited in years to get a mass-produced item!

This is going to be mind-blowing in-hand!

I love mine. Not sure where to put him but I am really enjoying this piece.
b3067c185b03b16f7057967f05595c9d.jpg
00a9c30b208141c7e840299d88526287.jpg
478eb311350aaf495b401033182f3a84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Wow Just wow DarthNutz!!

I love your setup, and I think it's funny that on these images Jabba seems so small!! (Especially knowing how big it is)

Keep the pictures coming everyone!

Sick setup DarthNutz

Crazy how small those 1:6 figures look in comparison.

The pose is fantastic.

Wish I had the space.

Incidentally, the whole materials debate is currently raging in the model car world as well.

AutoArt, a well know maker of fine scale cars recently moved to composite (plastic) from decades of metal.

No matter what anyone says, the plastic makes them feel like toys rather than models. The details are still there, but something about the weight being gone makes them feel cheaper. And those things run 250 or more each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all positive responses. If anyone has questions or request let me know. Here is an unboxing video of interested https://youtu.be/oegP2tfYMyA

Also the quality feels good to me it is thick and does not feel cheap to me. You can see I have a lot of figures, I also have the life size Salacious which is solid mold and extremely heavy. I would say i prefer this Rancor material over that for two reason the first is the weight and the second is the thin pieces like finger nails feel less delicate like they are more durable with this material.

Thanks for all positive responses. If anyone has questions or request let me know. Here is an unboxing video of interested https://youtu.be/oegP2tfYMyA

Also the quality feels good to me it is thick and does not feel cheap to me. You can see I have a lot of figures, I also have the life size Salacious which is solid mold and extremely heavy. I would say i prefer this Rancor material over that for two reason the first is the weight and the second is the thin pieces like finger nails feel less delicate like they are more durable with this material.

Cool video, a little loud from time to time haha, great kids you have there and they actually get to be part of the fun of collecting, love it!

As the material is pretty much discussed, would you be able to determine the material that is used on the several parts?

Cool video, a little loud from time to time haha, great kids you have there and they actually get to be part of the fun of collecting, love it!

As the material is pretty much discussed, would you be able to determine the material that is used on the several parts?
Yeah we are far from youtubers just make videos for fun with kids.

That is one thing I wish was different that the metal parts like wrist guards or ear ring where actually metal. They are all the same material looks to be from one mold. The only other materials I remember are the interior bolts and the base material with serial number and image.

Yeah we are far from youtubers just make videos for fun with kids.

That is one thing I wish was different that the metal parts like wrist guards or ear ring where actually metal. They are all the same material looks to be from one mold. The only other materials I remember are the interior bolts and the base material with serial number and image.

That is what I like, it is not a perfect unboxing but you can feel the fun / excitement!

Ok, but the main material was named pvc in a review video, and Sideshow states fiberglass / resin for this item.

What would you say this beast is made of mostly?

Thanks!

I love mine. Not sure where to put him but I am really enjoying this piece.
b3067c185b03b16f7057967f05595c9d.jpg
00a9c30b208141c7e840299d88526287.jpg
478eb311350aaf495b401033182f3a84.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics and video! Gives me a good idea of the size and how it will look next to the Jabba stuff. So excited as it appears I'll be getting this on Friday. He makes Jabba look small which fricking insane. I kinda wish he came with fancy art boxes but whatever, just packaging I guess. The statue itself looks so impressive that I haven't been this excited to receive a collectible in a long time(maybe ever), for me this thing is a childhood dream realized:)

Ok, but the main material was named pvc in a review video, and Sideshow states fiberglass / resin for this item.

What would you say this beast is made of mostly?

Thanks!

PVC. It does not feel like resign, more like a thick PVC. Does not feel like any fiberglass I have ever felt.

Paint job is to notch as well.

PVC. It does not feel like resign, more like a thick PVC. Does not feel like any fiberglass I have ever felt.

Talked to sideshow today about the materials and she said :"Given it is what we have listed directly on the website, that is the information that the production team has shared on what it is made out of. The website will always be the best reference for what materials were used on the figures and items". She also said is fiberglass/resin 100% positive. Mine is coming tomorrow.

I'm so confused about the material [emoji23]

Can't it be fiberglass with a resin finish so it feels like plastic?

Still going to enjoy this anyway!

There's two people already who have it and they say it's PVC (the same material Neca uses by the way). I believe them over Sideshow's customer support any time of the day.

If they go that way I think they should charge Neca prices accordingly. And remove the part on the website where it says specifically it's fiberglass.

I bought it in the preorder, I did not even read what materials it is made of. I am waiting for delivery and I am happy as a child, I do not have to worry if it will be pvc or resin

Back