Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks Kib. My Psylocke body start to crack about a month after I got her and the red base surface started to show signs of cracking last month. Both are on a WL for replacement on different occasions. :monkey2

Vs did they tell you how long it will take until you get a replacement?

She told me that the replacement bodies would arrive at SSC sometime in July. As for the base, it's WL replacement now. I told her I would even settle for a reg base.

Thanks for the info! i just hope they have a few extra replacements bodies!

glad i have pass her

no, this is one the better sculpt & paint apps. The pose looks amazing with dual katana and the face is very well painted/detailed. You should especially not have passed on her since you are a big comic fan.

The stupid manufacturing defect ruined a lot of enthusiasm but i still think it's worth the hassle because how nice it looks, and it's the only real asian female statue sideshow made thus far.

Mine still looks perfect, if it ever cracks i will just ask one of the resident painters to redo the paint but doubt it will be a problem since the paint stayed fine for months now.

With all the problems with these Marvel PFs I'm leaning towards skipping them altogether. I wanted to get Rogue and Psylocke the most. And Cyclops and maybe Colossus, but now I'm still on the fence. Very risky and IMO I don't think collectors should have to go through any hassle with these products. The quality should always come out second to none. Why should we have to pay to fix statues that cost hundreds of dollars. I'm not going to buy something that I know has problems. That wouldn't make any sense.

With all the problems with these Marvel PFs I'm leaning towards skipping them altogether. I wanted to get Rogue and Psylocke the most. And Cyclops and maybe Colossus, but now I'm still on the fence. Very risky and IMO I don't think collectors should have to go through any hassle with these products. The quality should always come out second to none. Why should we have to pay to fix statues that cost hundreds of dollars. I'm not going to buy something that I know has problems. That wouldn't make any sense.

:hi5::exactly:

it doesnt make sense, and it sucks. but sideshow got us by the balls, they have a monopoly and they dont give a ____. So you either accept the fact, continue to hand over the $$ to sideshow and deal with those issues as they come. Or you quit buying.

Because SS doesnt give a ____, and they wont change. Actually it will get even worse as they deal with more licenses/releases, become more corporate, and apply additional cost cutting & outsourcing.

I'll keep buying, but I meant I'm not going to buy a piece that has known problems. Like Rogue and Psylocke. It seems everyone who bought one has issues that are very similar or exactly the same. None of us should have to rely on luck to get a flawless piece especially considering the expensive nature of this hobby.

I'll still give other pieces a chance. I have on PO Big Chap, Warrior, Predator and now the Ivy PF. I know SS quality is usually there on all of its pieces but it should always be there on every piece. Gotta hold SS to the standards they set. Why should we accept anything less?

Last edited:
it doesnt make sense, and it sucks. but sideshow got us by the balls, they have a monopoly and they dont give a ____. So you either accept the fact, continue to hand over the $$ to sideshow and deal with those issues as they come. Or you quit buying.

Because SS doesnt give a ____, and they wont change. Actually it will get even worse as they deal with more licenses/releases, become more corporate, and apply additional cost cutting & outsourcing.

:goodpost: SS does help when they can but I don't like the costs cutting on the statues and raising the prices for less. :(

:goodpost: SS does help when they can but I don't like the costs cutting on the statues and raising the prices for less. :(

I don't think it's about cost cutting but more like they need to find better skilled artist / workers. Resourcing talent is the only way to go and it needs to be improved by SSC.

what other statues have the cracking problem? I need to check my statues...my psylocke was perfect when I received, one of the few pieces I did not ask for some sort of replacement.
Now I'm scared other statues have this problem too.

what other statues have the cracking problem? I need to check my statues...my psylocke was perfect when I received, one of the few pieces I did not ask for some sort of replacement.
Now I'm scared other statues have this problem too.

The Iron Man 1:1 bust had major cracking and flaking problems. That was a few years ago. Very few of SS stuff has this cracking or flaking problem, but at these prices, none of them should.

ya, I remember people complaining about that...and I agree with you, this should not have been an issue. Nor should Rogue have ended up looking so ugly.

Just got the shipping notice for my replacement body for Psylocke. Arrives next Wed.

Appreciate it if you could update this thread once you get it in hand?

Hope they would have remedied the paint cracking issue, & hope the paints will be neat with no bleeding over between her leg or arm bands.

Mine started cracking recently.:gah:

Would it be too late to ask Sideshow for a replacement even though when I received her in March she didn't have the problem back then?

Appreciate it if you could update this thread once you get it in hand?

Hope they would have remedied the paint cracking issue, & hope the paints will be neat with no bleeding over between her leg or arm bands.

Mine started cracking recently.:gah:

Would it be too late to ask Sideshow for a replacement even though when I received her in March she didn't have the problem back then?

I'll post pics. I'd contact Sideshow and let them know about yours. They are well aware of this problem and might be able to replace it for you. You got nothing to lose.

Should I even get one now? Take the risk of SS not being able to replace it later on?

I don't have this figure and I'm thinking about getting it.

Back