1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s easily one of the best figures Sideshow has ever produced — and one of the coolest looking.

Agreed, it's a very fun figure.

For all the things like their GI Joe or Marvel figures where Sideshow reimagined the characters, and ended up missing the mark, this one is absolutely a home run.

After having it for all this time, really the only nit I still have to pick is that the sleeves on the robe are hemmed. It doesn't really make sense in the context of this worn-down character that the arm openings on his robe would be so nicely tailored. It would make much more sense for them to be ragged like the bottom of the robe.

Though if you don't have the figure already, you should probably catch up on the recent posts in the thread. Apparently, there's been some changes to the latest batch of figures (less posable body, less detailed paint application) that seem to substantially detract from the quality of the figure.

Agreed, it's a very fun figure.

For all the things like their GI Joe or Marvel figures where Sideshow reimagined the characters, and ended up missing the mark, this one is absolutely a home run.

After having it for all this time, really the only nit I still have to pick is that the sleeves on the robe are hemmed. It doesn't really make sense in the context of this worn-down character that the arm openings on his robe would be so nicely tailored. It would make much more sense for them to be ragged like the bottom of the robe.

Though if you don't have the figure already, you should probably catch up on the recent posts in the thread. Apparently, there's been some changes to the latest batch of figures (less posable body, less detailed paint application) that seem to substantially detract from the quality of the figure.

If I had money to burn tho, I'd get another one. An absolutely great fig and sculpt IMO - so many looks.

All photos of the figure with his elbows bent more than 90 degrees have now been removed from the official product page.

Meanwhile, my old LCS has apparently sold their v1 figure, so I'm going to have to track it down somewhere else.

All photos of the figure with his elbows bent more than 90 degrees have now been removed from the official product page.

Meanwhile, my old LCS has apparently sold their v1 figure, so I'm going to have to track it down somewhere else.

Wow. I just looked and yep, they are all gone. I guess that's one way to fix the problem. Everyone will want to track down a new body with double jointed elbows now. It's a shame because the body on my V1 is the best SS body I've ever gotten. Very poseable and holds the poses. Not super tight but firm.

They're gonna have to re-design the packaging too because that pose is front and center lol. They're giving me a full refund on mine.

I always got the sense that they were making these figures against their will :lol Like just the absolute bare minimum of effort. Who makes a Cyclops figure that doesn't light up? Who does that?! for $300

I always got the sense that they were making these figures against their will :lol Like just the absolute bare minimum of effort. Who makes a Cyclops figure that doesn't light up? Who does that?! for $300

A majority of their figures just aren't even close to worth the asking price. Bare minimum accessories, sub par sculpts, crappy paint apps, horrible bodies and just overall terrible QC. Even the packaging for their products feels cheap and flimsy compares to a HT box. And not to mention they just chuck in that boring and cheap feeling plain black display base with every figure, not even a name printed on it or anything.

But that doesn't stop them from trying to charge HT prices, when their figures are probably worth half of that price.

Sideshow are a joke when it comes to 1/6 figures.

Corner cutting garbage like this batch two Kenobi is certainly not excusable but Sideshow has made some of the absolute coolest 1/6 Star Wars stuff in existence. Stuff that Hot Toys will never even attempt. My Star Wars collection would feel woefully incomplete without the contributions of both companies.

But sometimes Sideshow can be tough to defend too, because your above list of complaints is often valid.

Found on Facebook. Looks like this figure is now officially coming with single jointed elbows.

What a horrible bait and switch by Sideshow on this. Honestly how is this allowed? You pay the same price as someone else but wait longer and get a lesser product?

Fanboys will still defend them though.

4dd1cd89fcdd8006fdd2e6f7e397437c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the exact same email I got, but from a different customer service rep. Guess they put together a form letter.

"Update" during production, my ****ing ass, just admit you tried to pull a fast one to maximise your profits.

I'm willing to believe it could have been a factory goof-up, or a lost/broken tooling...never ascribe to malice, etc. etc.

I'm willing to believe it could have been a factory goof-up, or a lost/broken tooling...never ascribe to malice, etc. etc.

If it was really a mistake they'd be recalling the current stock and swapping the bodies. And offering the option of a partial refund, exchange or return and full refund to people that already have a single jointed version in hand. They're charging the same price as before for lesser quality.

Yeah, I'm thinking it was just the factory grabbing the wrong box of arms and SSC not requesting an updated production sample. The SSC Production Manager probably just emailed the factory and said "Make another 1,000 pieces of Mythos Obi-Wan" and that was that.

I can just imagine the Production Manager learning about this screw-up from CS. :slap

Back