1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what I assume is the V1 body for Toy Anxiety oics

FBF69743-0293-45DB-9FB1-A271C1107094.jpg

Thanks, both! Those pics really hammer home the quality drop in fabric and weathering, and the arms are a major difference. I don't understand why 1/6 tooling like this even exists nowadays.

Wow. This is wild, guess I won?t be ordering this or their boba mythos reissue.

Seriously, that paint work looks like crap! Looks like is was painted back when SSC was doing the weathering on their original issue sandtroopers. What a step backwards....I?d be pissed if I got that!!

It honestly looks like the old Hasbro 12" figure decos to me -- just a quick spray of "dirt" speckles and some paint blotches for damage. None of the more detailed edge weathering from the shot of the earlier version.

Hope this helps

momaw, is your tunic cut at the top?

Mine is has a small cut in it, and it's frayed around the edge, I thought it was there to simulate a weathered tunic, but I don't see it in your pics? I assumed it was standard.

If you haven't already, definitely call their CS about this. They're still working on figuring out how they're going to resolve the issues, but they need to hear from everyone. I just got off the phone with them, they're waiting to hear back from the manufacturer in the mean time about what happened.

If you haven't already, definitely call their CS about this. They're still working on figuring out how they're going to resolve the issues, but they need to hear from everyone. I just got off the phone with them, they're waiting to hear back from the manufacturer in the mean time about what happened.

I wonder if they even bother comparing production samples of new batches of product against the first run?

I wonder if they even bother comparing production samples of new batches of product against the first run?

They seem to be perplexed by what's going on based on my ongoing interactions with them over this issue honestly. In some ways it almost sounds like they don't quite have control over it either. But that's just how I'm reading into what's going on.

Did you tell them they ARE the manufacturer?

Their production manager presumably OK'd the decision to switch bodies.

You might be giving them too much credit. Based on past blunders like C3PO thumbs I would have to question how thorough their point person(s) is in working with the factories overseas.

Did you tell them they ARE the manufacturer?

Their production manager presumably OK'd the decision to switch bodies.

Yeah it kind of sounds like they're dealing with an outside factory overseas to me. As if the figure wasn't supposed to change, but this outside manufacturer just did it. Again this is just my interpretation of what I'm hearing. It's just a very strange situation.

momaw, is your tunic cut at the top?

Mine is has a small cut in it, and it's frayed around the edge, I thought it was there to simulate a weathered tunic, but I don't see it in your pics? I assumed it was standard.

I'm not quite sure what/where you mean. Can you post a pic? I'm happy to check anything.

Yeah it kind of sounds like they're dealing with an outside factory overseas to me. As if the figure wasn't supposed to change, but this outside manufacturer just did it. Again this is just my interpretation of what I'm hearing. It's just a very strange situation.

It seems much more likely to me that the CS person didn't fully understand the problem, than the fact that Sideshow is no longer in charge of manufacturing their own figures.

In the sense that the CS people are trained to say "We will contact the manufacturer to obtain a replacement" ... like that's the go-to response, and the rep didn't realize that it was their own product.

Yes, they do use outside factories, all manufacturers do, but someone in their company HAD to have approved the change. And even if that person didn't approve it, someone in their company is responsible for it. And that person is contacting the factory asking "Why did you switch bodies without telling me?"

I'm not quite sure what/where you mean. Can you post a pic? I'm happy to check anything.

ObiWan.jpg

I assumed this was SSC's attempt at weathering, which is sometimes pretty heavy-handed, but now I'm thinking maybe this was actually a defect.

Oh well ... the way the goggles lay on his chest, it kinda covers it anyway.

I think that's probably intentional like the small tear on the right sleeve/shoulder -- even on the new version, there's an almost imperceptible bit of wear there like they brushed it with sandpaper for a moment (versus no damage at all on the right arm).

I think that's probably intentional like the small tear on the right sleeve/shoulder -- even on the new version, there's an almost imperceptible bit of wear there like they brushed it with sandpaper for a moment (versus no damage at all on the right arm).

Yeah, mine's the first version, not to get it confused with all the changes in this newer version.

Yep, I know! Just confirming that if they tried to replicate it on v2, chances are it was intentional on v1, not a QC issue with your specific figure.

View attachment 508898

I assumed this was SSC's attempt at weathering, which is sometimes pretty heavy-handed, but now I'm thinking maybe this was actually a defect.

Oh well ... the way the goggles lay on his chest, it kinda covers it anyway.

Here's mine which has similar but not as bad. To be honest I had never noticed this before. It looks super obvious in a close up photo but on the shelf it's all but invisible. I did need to move the googles as it was partially obscured.

KEn72ZH.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality mobile phone quick. I was being lazy :nana:

Back