1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least I finally know why my Threepio's thumbs look so weird.

(I think they're not backwards so much as...molded with the base hinge 90 degrees off from where it should be?)

Well, They better change all the packaging, too. There's no way he'll be able to reach his hood as depicted. Nor will he ever be able to do the classic contemplative pose with his hand right under the chin.

This is BS. Only cheap-a$$ figures for kids bought at the big box stores have single jointed elbows.

obi-wan-kenobi_star-wars_gallery_5dc6016b91237.jpg

man that really sucks to hear about the body swap. Had been contemplating getting this and just swapping a few accessories with HT Tusken Raider figure parts. For me, it wouldn't be such a big deal about them switching bodies if their ankle joint system was universal so you could easily swap bodies. Idk why they use those huge ankle ball joints on their figure bodies.

Well, I was about to say it is still a great figure if you can stretch to a body swap which are reasonably inexpensive but I guess even that's more difficult because of the ankle joints.

It could be worse. Think of all the people about to order who will not only get the subpar version, but likely a returned one at that which may or may not have been treated unkindly trying to get poses it no longer can.

Honestly, having it in-hand, I'm more bothered by the lower-quality fabric/weathering and the terrible paint ops then I am the arms. The body can be replaced (though you'd have to figure out how to keep the torso, since the top is painted to match his head), but it's a lot harder to re-tailor the clothes and repaint the gear.

I still like this figure just the way it is. Another shot from my last desert sojourn....

GETTING DIRECTIONS.jpg

Hearing the issues folks are having with the second batch makes me extremely thankful I got the first one.

Last edited:
I shipped mine back for a full refund after this joint debacle. If they fix this, it sounds like it won't be for another year or two for the THIRD batch. This second batch is now essentially as is.

I’m glad I got the first batch figure too. One thing about this is Sideshow has shown their colors on reissues. I don’t think I’ll ever preorder a reissue figure from them.

I still like this figure just the way it is. Another shot from my last desert sojourn....

Hearing the issues folks are having with the second batch makes me extremely thankful I got the first one.

Great pic!

Is the joint thing the only issue, or did the paint really change too? Sounds like a switched e.g. cheaper production company for the re-issue.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I was tempted to order the 1:6 Vader reissue and then thought better of it. Between the increase in price and the literal gamble on the figure's potential quality issues, I don't want to risk it and that's too bad. It's almost like QC goes out the window on these reissues.

I wonder what problems will plague the Mythos Fett reissue? I'll be paying attention to that one, because it's one I would consider getting again if the quality (especially the base body) were improved from the initial release.

Great pic!

Is the joint thing the only issue, or did the paint really change too? Sounds like a switched e.g. cheaper production company for the re-issue.

From what I've seen in comparison images, everything just looks a smidge cheaper. The fabric is a little different and yeah so is the paint. The weathering is a step down in quality. Having just owned the re-issue I think it did look great overall regardless. Youd never even notice these things without comparing. But there's no way around the joints.

Comparisons -- new on top, original below (thanks to the photos posted up-thread):

Thanks! Well, guess that settles that - definitely some cost cutting. And, yeah, no-one would know, probably, except collectors are a community and it's not like folks won't notice.

Guess SSC figures with the Obi-Wan series coming up, there will be a big interest in figures, so they will sell anyway.:pfft:

Man that's insane. If anything, I can see that making people just wait for the HT version and drive the price of the v1 Mythos Kenobi's up on the secondary market.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I was tempted to order the 1:6 Vader reissue and then thought better of it. Between the increase in price and the literal gamble on the figure's potential quality issues, I don't want to risk it and that's too bad. It's almost like QC goes out the window on these reissues.

I wonder what problems will plague the Mythos Fett reissue? I'll be paying attention to that one, because it's one I would consider getting again if the quality (especially the base body) were improved from the initial release.

Not sure if there is much they could change up on Vader? At least they won't do a body swap because it's totally unique to that figure.

Back