Sideshow Marvel vs series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Hulk VS Spiderman the dio line has for the most part gotten progressively less impressive in terms of style, scope and inspiration. Does SS think these later releases are the same "home runs" that they launched the line with?

After Hulk VS Spiderman the dio line has for the most part gotten progressively less impressive in terms of style, scope and inspiration. Does SS think these later releases are the same "home runs" that they launched the line with?

yes. the x-23 dio kicks ass:hi5:

One of the main problems with this line, besides the sculpting quality & character choices, is so many characters are depicted in a crouching or cowering position???!!! I mean what happened to flying, jumping, twisting, & yes punching??? Beast, Wolverine, Silver savage, Red skull, & to a lesser degree, Loki, are all portrayed in a rather dull manner.
I would have preferred, at the very least, a snarling Beast, to counter Wht. Queens' controlled stance.
Wolverine CLAWING into/ or out of Sentinel boot, with flickering electrical lights, showcasing Wolvie in a berserker frenzy.
Silver savage in any other pose but this, as he is obscured from almost any angle, & when he isn't the Hulk is ???!!!
Another huge screw-up is the Ironman vs Namor dio. The sculpting is not equal to the initial dios high standards (Gore Group should have been assigned this dio, depicting two of the most iconic characters in Marvel universe). A better pose would have been Namor bursting out of sea as he grabs onto Ironmans' foot, while Ironman (IN FLIGHT!!!!!!!!) is twisting around to blast him with his light-up palm pulsars. This would have been much more dynamic, & would have showcased both characters strengths, flight & power.
But by far the worst in this series is the Daredevil vs Punisher. Sideshow what were you thinking?????!!!! I mean everything is bad about this one, forcing even Sideshow to redesign the dio, but to no avail. It still stinks. Again, lack of Gore Group = inferior quality. It just goes to prove though, that Sideshow CAN change or tweek the design of an EXISTING SCULPT.
Hoping they get back on track, & lets see more flying, kicking, jumping, twisting, punching.......etc. We're talking SUPER HEROS here!!!!!!!!

Just thought of another dio i would LOVE

WOLVERINEvsSABRETOOTHOMEGARED.jpg

Back